Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:44:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which BTX distribution model would you prefer on October 30th?  (Voting closed: October 13, 2017, 08:15:45 PM)
Dev's Distribution Plan - 23 (28.8%)
Hybrid Distribution Plan - 39 (48.8%)
Continue 3% Weekly Airdrops - 18 (22.5%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTX Distribution-Oct 30th  (Read 3473 times)
Vigens

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:31:03 AM

I like the Hybrid Plan... but maybe not 25% of 15Mln?!

25% of 15,517,032 = 3,879,258 / 6122 = 633.658608298

That is a lot of coins. We can think that some people may dump half of it 316.82930414 and will still get 9.48 in the Weekly 3%. That sound a good deal for someone expecting to dump.

15% of 15,517,032 = 2,327,554.8 / 6122 = 380.19516497 If 50% Dump = 190.09758248 Then Weekly %3 = 5.70292747

Maybe the dump not happen, maybe it will. Better safe then sorry.

Its a possibility that some may sell but to me it is worth it in the long run and the smartest people will keep their 3% weekly distributions after the drop. This is what it would look like if you had 1500 coins and held until February. To me being distributed to the public in the hybrid method would bring legitimacy to the project because it would appear to look less like a scam coin. Obviously it isn't a scam but having the devs still controlling a lion share of the coins for another year is kind of negative too.

https://imgur.com/DBRyH9O

Also agree. It kinda looks like some MLM bulls¤it, if the Devs keep holding such a big share.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 05:13:46 PM

I voted for #2 it seems reasonable. It would be nice with a similar spreadsheet for #1 though, I don't think the devs provided that?

--ypsi

I will make a spreadsheet and post it in the forum so that the two can be compared.
I'll just watch this thread to see if anything new shows up. The coin could do more marketing while the airdrop is going on so the price won't go lower.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
gwestcot (OP)

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:04:21 PM

I voted for #2 it seems reasonable. It would be nice with a similar spreadsheet for #1 though, I don't think the devs provided that?

--ypsi

I will make a spreadsheet and post it in the forum so that the two can be compared.
I'll just watch this thread to see if anything new shows up. The coin could do more marketing while the airdrop is going on so the price won't go lower.

Ya I thought it was important that the devs got to see what the community wants in regards to the distribution.
andrei1982

Activity: 462

Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:09:46 PM

No matter what air drop system you chose,the coin will go down if the devs don\t add value to this coin and real use. I\m a long term holder and i feel BTX is better and faster then BTC
gwestcot (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:25:59 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2017, 08:47:13 PM by gwestcot

No matter what air drop system you chose,the coin will go down if the devs don\t add value to this coin and real use. I\m a long term holder and i feel BTX is better and faster then BTC

Ya I agree... I am also trying to push us getting into coinpayments so that there is some real world applicability to BTX. We would only need to get into the top 200 in market cap and they have a 1 BTC fee. Merchants then can at least choose to accept BTX as payment for goods. Even if there wasn't much adoption at first this would be great news for the coin as a whole. I think coinpayments has 250,000+ merchants in their network. The devs seem focused on mobile wallet development and that is also necessary as well but to me it isn't necessarily the meat and potatoes. I guess there would be some work to do in regards to infrastructure but to me merchant acceptance is key.
Mlnklkm05

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:12:50 AM

1- dev options seems nicer and ll take longer to distribute coins and loyalty ll stay with us
2- hybrid plans ll give you more coins than you expect and by february all ll be distributed but might be dumped in price
3-3% airdrop until finish doesnt sound Good to me, nice yes but it can take few years to have a great profit

actualy plan all plans are Good if u ll stay 1-3 years, i ll not sell any of it
Mlnklkm05

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:34:21 AM

by the way today is airdropday, feel better guys?
Buchi-88
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 2496

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:17:40 AM

Why now 1. but without the BTC snapshot?

1. Dev's Distribution Plan

Have a one time +25% weekly airdrop for BTX holders on October 30th while continuing the 3% weekly airdrop upon registration. The devs will retain 10% of all unclaimed. Whitout, All BTC holders having .001 BTC at the time of the second snapshot will get BTX at a ratio of .4 BTX per 1 BTC.

?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rikiki69

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:42:39 PM

Could be good. But dev must find a way to have power on less amount of money... Look like a scam coin elsewhere (which isn't a scam !!)

I'm a miner.

The only difference with the hybrid distribution is that BTX holder will get 25% of unclaimed coins instead of 25% of "interest". So the hybrid distribution will spread a huge amount of coins, more profits for people which would like to sell it. I'm afraid that this coin became unprofitable because mining reward (in btx) won't change, too much inflation (+300% in 1 day), and that miners go elsewhere... and that bitcore dies ! There must be around 6000 gpu mining bitcore, it is not a lot compared with ethereum or others good coins. Probably no big farm, so if the coin becom really undervalued, miners will move quickly.

Dev's distribution plan :
less profit for holders, but assured profit for miners -> there is miners

Hybrid distribution plan : more profit for sellers, not sure more for holders (even with 300% airdrop), surely no more profit for miners -> There will be no more miners or a very few ! Huge loss of the bitcore value,
 miners makes the coin alive and valued !

So i prefer Dev's distribution plan for the future of the coin, even if i must get more money with the hybrid distribution (I'm a holder too !)
gwestcot (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:49:30 PM

Could be good. But dev must find a way to have power on less amount of money... Look like a scam coin elsewhere (which isn't a scam !!)

I'm a miner.

The only difference with the hybrid distribution is that BTX holder will get 25% of unclaimed coins instead of 25% of "interest". So the hybrid distribution will spread a huge amount of coins, more profits for people which would like to sell it. I'm afraid that this coin became unprofitable because mining reward (in btx) won't change, too much inflation (+300% in 1 day), and that miners go elsewhere... and that bitcore dies ! There must be around 6000 gpu mining bitcore, it is not a lot compared with ethereum or others good coins. Probably no big farm, so if the coin becom really undervalued, miners will move quickly.

Dev's distribution plan :
less profit for holders, but assured profit for miners -> there is miners

Hybrid distribution plan : more profit for sellers, not sure more for holders (even with 300% airdrop), surely no more profit for miners -> There will be no more miners or a very few ! Huge loss of the bitcore value,
 miners makes the coin alive and valued !

So i prefer Dev's distribution plan for the future of the coin, even if i must get more money with the hybrid distribution (I'm a holder too !)

My main thing is restricting supply is essentially market manipulation. Let the market determine the value of the coin and once the coins are fully distributed the project will look more attractive to potential investors. There will be a market equilibrium met as there is in any free market system and then the coin will move in the positive direction as it is developed, adopted by more people, and integrated into more processes. Just to tell you I am a top 100 holder and probably a top 30 miner in regards to hashrate so I am definitely thinking about the health of the project moving forward.
rikiki69

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:21:49 PM

I am totally agree with you. The only thing that i am scared is that we have to arrive at this point, where all coins have been distributed and that the market is healthy. And if there is a huge deflation, a lot of miners will stop mining btx to go elsewhere, and the coin may not be enough trusted to see its value come back. +300% of inflation is huge... Whether it attracts more investissors and the deflation of one btx is limited, or it scared people and allows too them to take good profit and the coin get devaluated by 75%. Thus miner will only get 25% of their actual revenue (if the value of the coin still the same), and should not cover their cost event with a good mining software.

That is what i am afraid, that we don't succeed to get over the deflation. I'm still believing that people are greedy and prefer small immediate profit than bigger hypothetical profit. And that the network died, or get a huge slow down.
gwestcot (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:05:35 PM

I am totally agree with you. The only thing that i am scared is that we have to arrive at this point, where all coins have been distributed and that the market is healthy. And if there is a huge deflation, a lot of miners will stop mining btx to go elsewhere, and the coin may not be enough trusted to see its value come back. +300% of inflation is huge... Whether it attracts more investissors and the deflation of one btx is limited, or it scared people and allows too them to take good profit and the coin get devaluated by 75%. Thus miner will only get 25% of their actual revenue (if the value of the coin still the same), and should not cover their cost event with a good mining software.

That is what i am afraid, that we don't succeed to get over the deflation. I'm still believing that people are greedy and prefer small immediate profit than bigger hypothetical profit. And that the network died, or get a huge slow down.

Either way the thing that will really add value is good development and the distribution method is really a small factor going forward for the long term. If there are less miners in the short term then that is fine but as the price organically goes up then there will be more. Really I see the pros outweighing the cons here but that is a very good point that you have raised. Thank you for your contribution to the discussion!
poer

Activity: 539

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 08:11:17 PM

vote

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:28:08 PM

Thank you for the poll.

Kind Regards Christian

I personally do not agree with this poll. The options presented are not complete. There are additional options which should have been included. The poll creator is obviously biased because he is setting up his plan as the best option, but fails to present additional potential options that would benefit the community. You have to understand that most people are going to choose the side that gives them more coins. Greed is a powerful thing in the crypto world. Any one time 25% payment will result in a major dump and a price drop. There is no way around it. The continuing 3% airdrops are enticing, but the opportunity to cash out will be too great for most people.

You should include one additional option, which is a gradual increase in the percentage of the payout. For example, 15% payout on October 30th and then 5% ongoing airdrop for the month of November. Then an increase in the payout to between 6-8% for the month of December. Then in January, an increase to between 8-10%. In the month of February, you can adjust the percentage, so that the remaining coins will be fully distributed. I can guarantee that this plan would have more and more people joining the community in order to get some of the airdrop.

The plan that I just proposed is a hybrid of the hybrid. It still gives a good payout in October, yet it leaves incentive for BTX holders to continue to hold on to their coins knowing that the airdrops are going to increase in the coming months.

If you make a large payout at one time and only offer 3% going forward, a large number of people will sell their holding and tank the coin. I believe that a gradual percentage increase will be a much better strategy for the continued growth of BTX and the community.

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:21:44 PM

You need gradual work based increase as I said earlier, some minimal work, facebook/youtube/twitter likes/shares, nothing that can't be done in a minute but still it would increase adoption and earn more % at the same time. So 3% for those who do nothing just hold, and +1% for each social media like/share so about 6% distribution in total / week for those who do the "work" (1-2minute clicking)

riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:26:06 AM

I REALLY like this idea of a gradual increase. I dont know which % will be best but another poster said so in BTX main chat. Something like 3%, then 6%, then 9%, then 12%. BUT

you only get the increased % if you dont touch or sell any of your stack (maybe not any but a certain %). This would definitely improve the HODLING situation and as a result

reward the HODLERS and decentivize the dumpers. Lets work out a plan like this. It is the best of both worlds. Small implementation of Dev plan, and also the "hybrid plan".

Devs can you work out a plan that goes something like this? I agree a major drop now is not in BTX best interest. It is just too much for one day

gwestcot (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:16:19 AM

Thank you for the poll.

Kind Regards Christian

I personally do not agree with this poll. The options presented are not complete. There are additional options which should have been included. The poll creator is obviously biased because he is setting up his plan as the best option, but fails to present additional potential options that would benefit the community. You have to understand that most people are going to choose the side that gives them more coins. Greed is a powerful thing in the crypto world. Any one time 25% payment will result in a major dump and a price drop. There is no way around it. The continuing 3% airdrops are enticing, but the opportunity to cash out will be too great for most people.

You should include one additional option, which is a gradual increase in the percentage of the payout. For example, 15% payout on October 30th and then 5% ongoing airdrop for the month of November. Then an increase in the payout to between 6-8% for the month of December. Then in January, an increase to between 8-10%. In the month of February, you can adjust the percentage, so that the remaining coins will be fully distributed. I can guarantee that this plan would have more and more people joining the community in order to get some of the airdrop.

The plan that I just proposed is a hybrid of the hybrid. It still gives a good payout in October, yet it leaves incentive for BTX holders to continue to hold on to their coins knowing that the airdrops are going to increase in the coming months.

If you make a large payout at one time and only offer 3% going forward, a large number of people will sell their holding and tank the coin. I believe that a gradual percentage increase will be a much better strategy for the continued growth of BTX and the community.

Ya I mean that would be fine too but really my hybrid was just to compromise with what the devs wanted. I would also be more than ok with your plan as well or some variation of it. To be honest I crunched the numbers on the devs plan and it works out for me personally as well so I make out like a bandit no matter which choice we go with... I really just think that a quicker distribution if done correctly adds legitimacy to the project and it will look more attractive to new investors and old ones alike. The real value will be in development so once we figure this out then the coin can move forward in the positive direction. Distribution is always the problem with severely pre-mined coins... Honestly I would also be more than fine with just doing 10% weekly airdrop until all the coins are distributed but I really hated the plan that was chosen by the devs.

*edit* Maybe we can do their drop to BTC holders, their +25% one time airdrop, and 10% weekly airdrops going forward until all coins are distributed? That seems like an even better hybrid plan than even the original one. It is more gradual but still gets those coins distributed more quickly.
andrei1982

Activity: 462

Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:02:44 AM

I think the best way to add value to this coin is to distribute the coins faster like 25-30% trimestrial and 10% each month for example so devs can focus to promote the coin (marketing campaigns) so more and more can use it and make it usable by more people.
Nesch84

Activity: 169

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:12:27 PM

nice idea with the vote about the next steps. i prefer the hybrid dist. it sound real nice and the project should be forward as soon as possible.
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:41:35 PM

Thank you for the poll.

Kind Regards Christian

Ya I mean that would be fine too but really my hybrid was just to compromise with what the devs wanted. I would also be more than ok with your plan as well or some variation of it. To be honest I crunched the numbers on the devs plan and it works out for me personally as well so I make out like a bandit no matter which choice we go with... I really just think that a quicker distribution if done correctly adds legitimacy to the project and it will look more attractive to new investors and old ones alike. The real value will be in development so once we figure this out then the coin can move forward in the positive direction. Distribution is always the problem with severely pre-mined coins... Honestly I would also be more than fine with just doing 10% weekly airdrop until all the coins are distributed but I really hated the plan that was chosen by the devs.

*edit* Maybe we can do their drop to BTC holders, their +25% one time airdrop, and 10% weekly airdrops going forward until all coins are distributed? That seems like an even better hybrid plan than even the original one. It is more gradual but still gets those coins distributed more quickly.

I don't have a problem with the 25% one time drop, butif the percentage needs to be decreased in order to institute a solid weekly airdrop plan going forward, then I believe that it should be adjusted. I believe that the weekly airdrops should be increased incrementally. Just paying out 10% for weekly airdrops is way too much of a jump from 3%. If the percentage is increased over a period of time, you get greater buildup of anticipation and word will spread more rapidly. Friends will message each other, "Hey the airdrop is increasing from 5% to 7% next week get some BTX into a wallet before Monday" or "The airdrop is increasing from 7% to 9% next week, you better get some BTX into your wallet before then". The exact percentage isn't the most important factor, it's the excitement that your percentage is being increased. In my opinion 5% would be a great starting airdrop and then increase upward from there. I don't think that there's ever been a crypto that has done something like that. In my opinion, it will spread like wildfire.

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: