Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:43:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does BTC control a lot of the other altcoins  (Read 1171 times)
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:22:27 AM

Im a N00b.  I noticed that most of the top altcoins price went down when btc price went down.  I bought some bitcoins so i can buy some NEM.  I was wondering if I should wait a little while for the price of btc to go back up or would that mean that NEM prices would most likely go up too?

All this altcoins are depending in the Bitcoin's price generally. Bitcoin is the first and the most used , and the most valuable crypto currency ever, so it is normal that all the other crypto currencies values get affected by the bitcoin's price chart, either going up or down.
i think it will be different if the altcoin is compared to the fiat price in the market, for example etherum / USD, although bitcoin price rises does not mean the price of etherum to the dollar will decrease, i think it will depend on the exchange rate you will choose, because it is very possible when bitcoin prices fall instead of etherum strengthened in dollar, not always affected by bitcoin rate

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:27:06 AM

Yes, in my opinion Bitcoin controls other alts with upwards or downwards trends. If a crash happens alts try to survive. And once a big crash happens almost all alts struggle.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:03:02 AM

Not all altcoins rise or drop together with Bitcoin, but most of them do, that's right. I think the reason for that is not that bitcoin "controls" other cryptos but rather that they are traded for BTC on most exchanges and if a coin costs 0.003 BTC for example and the price of 1 BTC in USD rises or falls the price of the coin in question rises or falls subsequently. But, as I said, not all altcoins behave like that. Some of them are heavily pumped in a particular period of time and some of them are really promising and that's why more people want to buy them and their price rises.

I don't know for what reasons you want to invest in NEM, but I would recommend you to research IOTA (MIOTA), because my sister, who knows abouts altcoins much more than I do, says that this coin has a really great potential in the years to come.
CrisBrown12121997

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:09:26 AM

I suppose that we compair altcoins with BTC. And othe coins want to rich the success like BTC and they correspond to it nonetheless.
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:10:02 AM

Yes, there is a big impact on altcoin when the price of Bitcoin is reducing and previously even I didn't agree with that but later when started trading I understand that Bitcoin impact is there on altcoins.
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:54:49 AM

Almost all altcoins are traded through BTC, so it's no surprise that bitcoin price reflect alstcoin's
Mr.Stinson

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 12:14:05 PM

well since btc is mostly an indicator of the price for altcoins it kind of affects the price
Jafri101

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:27:17 PM

Yes Bitcoin is the father of all crypto currencies. The value of Bitcoin when increases so alt coin also increases and when it goes down so price of altcoin decreases the same way because all crypto currencies mostly are exchanged with bitcoins. so they are dependant mostly on bitcoin.
Lobosinho

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:35:14 PM

Hence the connected value of most altcoins with the value of BTC I think it’s good to have coins in your portfolio which grow relatively faster than BTC.

Which tools, knowledge, graphs,… can help me to make an assumption on which coins will grow relatively faster vs BTC?
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:15:01 PM

Bitcoin is historically the first crypto. Other crypto currencies were initially focused on Bitcoin. But now most altcoins are technically different from Bitcoin. Altcoins can be used the same way as Bitcoin and also in other ways. That means they are more useful then Bitcoin, and probably someday they will be able to surpass Bitcoin. This is often the reason why people invest in altcoins.I don`t think Bitcoin controls a lot of other alcoins now, but it`s still the most profitable and the safest. Therefore, he was and remains the leader of the crypto currencies.
Elite 888

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 03:04:23 PM

No. It does not.

But what I've noticed is that the market in general tends to follow Bitcoin in the short term. For instance if BTC drops today, the market will probably as well.
Razmirraz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 405

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:12:38 PM

I think btc doesn't control value altcoins. Only, investors that invest alot on btc. So, when many Btc holders sell out on huge quantities. Then investors altcoin automatically exchange, so seems btc controls altcoins.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:14:32 PM

Over 98% of altcoins are been controlled by bitcoin , I have been following bitcoin price and almost all the altcoins and as a professional traders I can tell you that when you see bitcoin falling most of the altcoins also become bearish. To call  but a few we have the following altcoins that  are sympathetic to bitcoin: ethereum, litecoin, ripple, zcash, neo, wave and so many others.
olushakes

Merit: 254

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:21:52 PM

The impact that the price of bitcoin have on alt is related to the large volume alt and the popular ones. I have traded Alt that are not so popular and the effect of whether btc increases or decreases does not matter. However, for coins such as ETH or Dash, it is expected that when bitcoin takes a hit, their own price takes a bash because rather than running their own race, they tend to want to outshine the king.
amaral1977

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:32:23 PM

You gave the answer for your own question. There is a normal movement of money in crypto. People usually buy BTC and then begin to get interest in the other coins and move from BTC to them. So they depend a lot on BTC movement. In time ETH, for example, that can already be easily purchased from fiat and as it´s very own "ICO" ecosystem may start to move more independitly. But for the time being it´s BTC that is determining the market movements in all of cryptoland.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
pureclckr

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:23:19 PM

I would rather say that people are actually are undecided whom to believe, there is still many doubts that Bitcoin is scam, which will evaporate over time. But til then we must stay strong and hold. So i cannot say BTC is in full control, more like fear from loosing money - panic is worst enemy. You can see that strong community projects such as Monero records growth, for example. Then we cannot point finger at BTC as guilty one. Main problem here is we have lot of new members who are attracted here by good stories about profit overnight..Yes they are those who feeding whales..
Those people who still believe that bitcoins are scam, never ever going to reach their high goals in their lives with luxurious lifestyle. Bitcoins are a divine gift and many people are meeting their financial needs with bitcoins. Bitcoins are never ever going to get anyone scammed provided he is not working with scammers.
ap3311

Merit: 300

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:41:30 PM

after all the altcoins are in some way dependent to bitcoin. I think it is necessary to be dependent. the value of the altcoins is the dollar equivalent.but when we want to turn it into real money, we need to convert it to bitcoin..even this shows the dependence of altcoins to bitcoin..As a result, bitcoin is the head of all cryptomoney world. so I think it deserves a certain respect.  and the answer to the question you  asked was yes. bitcoin controls many altcoins.

⚫▶      BUILDERIUM 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Creating the future you desire, one bid at a time

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
YOUR RELIABLE PLATFORM FOR SKILLED &
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION CLIENTS & CONTRACTORS

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Whitepaper
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN AIRDROP

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:53:57 PM

Im a N00b.  I noticed that most of the top altcoins price went down when btc price went down.  I bought some bitcoins so i can buy some NEM.  I was wondering if I should wait a little while for the price of btc to go back up or would that mean that NEM prices would most likely go up too?

A valid analogy to make noobs understand the situation is to think as Bitcoin as the engine of the entire cryptomarket. Without bitcoin, the trust on crypto as a whole would simply disappear. Im sure due the traction of the current hype on crypto, it's own inertia would keep it going for a while, but if bitcoin had a fatal flaw, the crash would be serious on ALL coins.

Luckily for us, BTC is as safe as it gets, so similarly, when it goes up, the strongest alts also recover, but most people will want to sell alts during a BTC rise, so you much choose carefully.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:13:49 PM

Yes and no. Every coin has its own destiny and course to follow, but because bitcoin is the most traded coin, with more volume in exchanges, it tends to impact prices a bit if exchanged for a particular coin.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:41:30 PM

after all the altcoins are in some way dependent to bitcoin. I think it is necessary to be dependent. the value of the altcoins is the dollar equivalent.but when we want to turn it into real money, we need to convert it to bitcoin..even this shows the dependence of altcoins to bitcoin..As a result, bitcoin is the head of all cryptomoney world. so I think it deserves a certain respect.  and the answer to the question you  asked was yes. bitcoin controls many altcoins.
Very honestly i think yes that bitcoin is controlling a lot of other altcoins. because for most of the altcoin to trade them we depend on it for bitcoin, On other side bitcoin is the main currency which we use for different purposes even for buying altcoin and when we want to sell altcoin we even do trade and convert the altcoin into bitcoin again.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: