Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:28:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto-gaming is the next big thing!  (Read 719 times)
e11io (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 06:14:47 PM

I really hope a big gaming company like blizzard would use crypto-currencies as their in game currency in the future, if Blizzard would use crypto-currencies instead of gold for one of their famous game Diablo, I believe there will be a lot more players playing it as there is a potential to earn some money while enjoying the game with friends.

Yes, if a big name company starts adapting altcoins as a currency it will surely blow up. We believe those big name companies are waiting for altcoins to be regulated properly so they don't get into any shady stuff. Also, not too many people know about or are comfortable enough with crypto to make companies adapt it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 06:45:44 PM

This is a very interesting concept but I feel quite difficult to implement. It would have to have the support of many of the different games producers to work as I don't see it working simply P2P.
I don't think it's that difficult to implement actually, the main problem with this is that developers have no reason to implement something like this.
Now they have control over their in-game economy, if they use crypto-currency as in-game currency then they would lose all their control over it.

Game publishers can now charge whatever they want for their tokens, but once you open up that market, they lose control.

Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:39:25 PM

the presence of bitcoin makes more and more game developers create unique ideas, I'm sure one day games will continue to grow and use bitcoin for credit. I know Crypto-gaming and I think it's great.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:26:58 PM

Many bitcoin users are much addict into online games and gambling they can have big profit for this kind of games like to learn more about this, you can go to gambling forum.

I agree, I think this would motivate the bitcoin users more. They can have fun and play and at the same time, they would profit from it. I've heard about steam before, that you can buy steam credits with the use of bitcoin but I haven't heard of the perspective of OP. It's a smart concept and these gaming industries will profit a lot. In a way, it's a win-win situation for the users and the gaming industry.
e11io (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 04:55:36 PM

In a way, it's a win-win situation for the users and the gaming industry.

Yes, we believe it is, but as eternalgloom says, there are several obstacles that prevent altcoins from taking the spotlight on a gaming market. Partly because game companies could lose control over their market.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:09:47 PM

I really hope a big gaming company like blizzard would use crypto-currencies as their in game currency in the future, if Blizzard would use crypto-currencies instead of gold for one of their famous game Diablo, I believe there will be a lot more players playing it as there is a potential to earn some money while enjoying the game with friends.

This is a really bad idea, people should stop trying to apply Bitcoin and blockchain to literally everything and instead ask the questions "does it solve any problems?" and "how does it compare with other solutions?". So, lets imagine WoW or Diablo switched their gold to Bitcoin. First, from where it would come? Does that mean that Blizzard now have to reward each player for every killed mob with some dust amount of BTC? If so, they would quickly go bankrupt as they would just be giving money away instead of making them. Second, why should they put their in-game economy on the blockchain, if it doesn't give any benefits to anyone - players would have to face transaction fees and delays, and the company would lose their ability to control the market and punish scammers and cheaters.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:25:28 PM

Yes that crpto gaming is already exists nowadays . Maybe they consider it as a gambling but mixing with enjoyment.instead of they gamble in any gambling site which is to risk .. will that is a good idea for me instead of playing online games without income much better to have a price for the winner of the game which is bitcoin or an currency. The big question is are you sure that your opponent really paying for the game?haha idont think so. Much better if crypto gaming also accept some escrow so no worrying about the price.
fathamburger

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 01:54:32 AM

well guys, one company is literally trying to get the entire industry (if possible) to adopt crypto. Enjin Coin Smiley technically the name of the company is Enjin. Not only that but it would be properly decentralized and flip the script from the developers and platforms controlling access to data and stuff that players should actually truly own to the same games pointing at player ownership records on the blockchain instead. 

you can learn more about them here but here's a nice intro article about them. https://medium.com/@enjin/introduction-to-enjin-part-1-of-5-f5d90676b948

Full disclosure, Ive thrown in to write some articles for them and more are coming including an interesting one that compares philosophical similarities between f2p games and blockchain itself i.e. with blockchain, the users are also the infrastructure whereas with f2p, the players are also often each others content. You guys would probably enjoy that. since it would really emphasize how much gaming fits with blockchain
Upclass

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:17:32 PM

I also believe that Crypto Gaming will be big. I have been following a number of projects as well.

My favourite is:
Nova Blitz

Nova blitz is a trading card game focussed on many problems facing the digital trading card game sector today.

www.novablitz.com
https://t.me/novablitzofficial

Some other projects I am following:
CryCash (https://crycash.io/)

Deeptoken (http://deeptoken.info/)

The Abyss Coin (https://www.theabyss.com/)

Ethercraft (https://ethercraft.io/)

Blockquests (https://www.blockquests.com/)
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:40:54 PM

There are many industries the blockchain will disrupt, but there’s one that with the right crypto implementation will grow at an insane rate: games.
The gaming industry is worth around 100 billion dollars in 2017, and it will only keep growing. Millions of people around the world buy items, skins, in-game currencies, and other game assets, every single day.

Now, when these gamers are done with one particular game, all those assets they spent hundreds of dollars in, become nothing. They are now literally worth $0.00.

So let’s say someone could use some futuristic magical technology, *cough cough* the blockchain, to turn them into actual value, into something that they could own forever, trade, sell, or import into other games they want to play. It sounds obvious, as it should have been like this from the beginning and that means that, sooner or later, it will happen.

Want a sneak peak of the future of gaming? take a look at Steam where users can sell their game-assets to buy new ones from the same or a different game, or even buy a whole new game. The problem comes when users are done with the platform, they become hostages because their assets aren’t really theirs, they can’t cash out.

Even though this is a flaw, the gaming marketplace model is proved to work and is amazingly successful — there are millions of users already used to managing currencies with a specific purpose.

In the specific case of Experimental, users will be able to play with their e11, and whenever they win a battle, they can literally cash out to Ethereum, and then if wanted, to USD.

Companies that give true ownership to their users will lead the gaming revolution to come. It might seem that this is only a benefit for the users but truly it’s not. There are hundreds if not thousands of opportunities for the current market leaders to own the new economy — but the same rules apply for boutique game studios, and democratization is not always well received when you’ve built a $3billion gaming empire based on antique rules.

This analysis could be done for almost any industry and the result will be the same: Fortune1000 companies will have to adapt if they want to survive.
The blockchain brings with it a set of values that will have to be adopted by all of us, decentralization, democratization, and fairness. When will it show results? that burden relies on us.

As a gamer I also wanted to earn from my games and also the game must be cool, challenging and open for possibilities of improvement. If that would happen in a game and the game was on the blockchain then right there that game would be the best. Worse case scenarios are games would be made for business not for challenge or fun. That sense must be taken seriously coz the game must be a game first before adding some sorts of marketplace. Running into the blockchain makes a game more secure but I hope the developers would create their own blockchain and not on ethereuum coz it would clog the network. Best idea that needs to be developed.
burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:38:37 AM

There are crypto gaming already implemented that involve bitcoin as a form of payment. These apps are sometimes faucet to get free bitcoin. And it is only a matter of time that there will be a crypto game that makes its way to popularity. For now, some members here in bitcoin forum are only aiming for bitcoin as investment. If these crypto game will be introduce to all members here then there is a possibility that bitcoin will be the top crypto gaming in the world. All gamers will be unified and this game will be centralized and there will be millions of members will join and the prices will be bigger and higher.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: