Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:22:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everything is a bubble  (Read 814 times)
iq_armando (OP)

Activity: 379
Merit: 112

Tips: 3DhgXE1BedBJY6uxjxai3Nsaj8sXGU4ite

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:50:43 PM

If the bitcoin is a bubble, I think that the whole economy is a bubble ready to burst  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:55:24 PM

Yes, I would agree that most asset classes are indeed in a bubble. Much like the last bubble in 2007-2008 time frame, it took some time for it to burst, even though some people had been pointing out the economy was in a bubble for a few years prior. So while we may all know they symptom and recognize what is going on, we don't necessarily know when it will burst.

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:36:53 PM

This is exactly why I don't listen to people who talk about "bubbles" if you want to go that route you could very well say your life is a bubble too. Where will it end ? It's just nonesense people who think they know everything spew out. They want everyone to listen and believe them and think they have something important to say.

bitterguy28

Activity: 2016
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 11:42:16 PM

yes i believe and i agree everything is a double may after the all issue of bitcoin and fixed all the problems of bitcoin facing right now, rising the bitcoin before the end of year start to beceme a double value price.

dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:52:18 PM

Interesting if you equate Bitcoin with a bubble. Because the nature of the bubble is high and broke, then spread all directions. Hopefully this Nature will make Bitcoin spread everywhere.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:21:51 AM

Oh wow. Can't argue with that lmao.

But yeah, everything is a bubble if you reach hard enough. I'm also tired of seeing these FUD news, but there's really no way to stop or convince them. News outlets in particular are selling clicks, so we can fully expect them to bubble everything up everytime there is a dip. Large players have plenty to gain by manipulating prices at the expense of Bitcoin's (short term) image.

We know Bitcoin is not a bubble and I'm sticking with that. It's fun reading up on bubble arguments sometimes though.

hitlab

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:33:00 AM

Yes it is a bubble. It is natural to have boom and busts in a capitalist system. However when it bursts bitcoin will go down relatively more than the other assets because it has shot up way faster than everything else. 3x in a year? People are delusional if they think any asset can perform like this indefinitely.

With that said, this doesn't affect the long term prospects of bitcoin. If you believe the technology these price fluctuations won't worry you. But it is slightly concerning to me that many people seem to blindly say "bitcoin is not a bubble" implying that it will never go down. This is simply not true and a lot of people are going to get burnt with this attitude.
ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:44:45 AM

Yes it is a bubble. It is natural to have boom and busts in a capitalist system. However when it bursts bitcoin will go down relatively more than the other assets because it has shot up way faster than everything else. 3x in a year? People are delusional if they think any asset can perform like this indefinitely.

With that said, this doesn't affect the long term prospects of bitcoin. If you believe the technology these price fluctuations won't worry you. But it is slightly concerning to me that many people seem to blindly say "bitcoin is not a bubble" implying that it will never go down. This is simply not true and a lot of people are going to get burnt with this attitude.
You are right , but it depends on how you look at it. Some people really like the tech and the idea behind btc so bubble or not they will not care.
Then you have the investors who are here to make money , but they need to realise that what goes up will go down bubble or not.

affigne

Activity: 235
Merit: 103

Writting/Translations EN-ES available HERE!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:48:22 AM

Not only will they get burnt, but also they will lose faith in it, affecting negatively its value, which in turn, it'll become an opportunity for altcoin to rise up and get their attention...

Writing/Translations Available!!!
Go Green Technologies

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:48:44 AM

Agree with you guys. Bitcoin is absolutely the same like our classic economic. There is up and down.
URSD

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:51:23 AM

don't think too much about bitcoin, just do it Wink
bell70

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:03:33 AM

I don’t agree with this.To me, a bubble is artificially inflated and all goods have inflated value.It’s all a layer of bubbles on top of bubbles. To say everything is a bubble doesn’t mean much, unless you can predict when it will burst.
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:15:02 AM

If the bitcoin is a bubble, I think that the whole economy is a bubble ready to burst  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

You might be right, my friend. The stock market is in a bubble also. I just checked NASDAQ and it is rising exponentially.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:16:44 AM

Everything is not a bubble because we have a solid source of demand for bitcoin and it is not a bubble because the price of bitcoin is not fast on dumping and we can see more and more gains in the long term run for the market of bitcoin so i think that there is nothing to worry about the bubble because it doesn't exist here.
VPoro

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:23:27 AM

people say this when price from 1k go up to 2k on June. And what? everything still ok.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:27:49 AM

Due to the high volatility of bitcoin, it is increasingly compared with a bubble recently. This does not prevent him from restoring his course and developing. If you look at these things a little wider, then the economy of any state, the world economy can also be called a bubble, because it can burst under certain conditions. In the world, nothing is absolutely stable. If bitcoin is not liked by someone because of its rapid spread throughout the world and a sharp increase in demand for it, it is simply attacked and criticized. This is just not worth paying attention to. Bitcoin is and he continues victorious procession around the world. Let the dogs bark, the caravan vseravno goes.

iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:46:49 AM

no! i think its not, bitcoin is not like a bubble that sooner or later it disappear, maybe the bubbles are those people who not believe in bitcoin and they sell their bitcoin to cut their looses in the dip. but for me, dip is not the problem we all facing on, but those fakes news that floating around us, thats the problem, they always saying that this bitcoin is a bubble to cause a waves of rush selling bitcoin, then whales buying it to earn more and more profits soon.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:59:39 AM

No need to panic. Bitcoin is now recovering and will soon be back on its phase again. There are lots of similar incidents that happened before but Bitcoin keeps on surviving them and everytime it survives, it becomes stronger. I believe in Bitcoin and I know that it will never disappoint us in the future.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:06:58 AM

Interesting if you equate Bitcoin with a bubble. Because the nature of the bubble is high and broke, then spread all directions. Hopefully this Nature will make Bitcoin spread everywhere.
That's a different way to look at it. Probably I agree with you to some extent. But as you know once a bubble expands a lot it's crosses it threshold and bursts, so you don't want BTC to rise too much too quickly. That is what happened in past few months as we saw a swift increase to 4.8k caused it to burst down to 3.5k
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 03:19:21 AM

It's impossible to read these charts, what are you trying to compare Bitcoin to?

Here's the thing with bubbles. What a appears to be a bubble in the moment could actually be genuine growth. But there's no way to know because clear understanding of rationalization of investment prices requires context. Our context is the length of time Bitcoin has been around, 9 years. That's not long. And all the analysts making a judgement don't recognize that or take it into consideration. What they see is something they don't understand that (to them) "appeared out of no where" and has an attraction that they deem irrational.

Stay the course because everything is not a bubble.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: