Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:35:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Day Trading  (Read 3831 times)
MCS23

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:01:53 AM

I've been thinking for a bit about day trading Bitcoin, and am curious, what is a good amount to start with? Would it be possible to start with maybe $100-200 and work my way up?

Sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section, pretty new to forums here.
Day trading is very dangerous for a beginner, most likely the losses will be large, so go into the trade with a minimum amount, then not to regret that you lost everything.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:14:39 PM

I've been thinking for a bit about day trading Bitcoin, and am curious, what is a good amount to start with? Would it be possible to start with maybe $100-200 and work my way up?

Day trading is very dangerous for a beginner, most likely the losses will be large, so go into the trade with a minimum amount, then not to regret that you lost everything.
Day trading is not even recommended for experienced traders. It is one of the riskiest method of making money or bitcoin. Day trading needs to keep an eye on the market prices of the coin all the time. I am not in favor of trading at all especially day one. I have seen many people losing their money in day trading. Trading should not be done if your coin is bitcoin. Holding it will generate a lot of profit. Just be patient.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:20:12 AM

I lack skillfulness of day trading techniques, because i think deviation too small, and as it like a job that takes my time. Long term  really a trading strategy that makes me feel comfortable, because this is an investment. So, i don't need to hurry for make open or close order.
Day-trading is surely a huge job on its own as its needs your whole time and dedication. Although with small money, you can quickly build it up with day trading, but it can be risky too as well. Therefore anyone considering this, should know they are up for a real full time job. However, if you have huge cash, long term trading can really be a very good one to earn more as you can just auto buy and auto sell without having to monitor the charts too much.

There is no real day trading in crypto, it is all mostly flash and burn. There are occasional smart sign candlesticks that will keep you for 8 hours, but the real fluctuations and within a 48 minute market breaker.
Day trading is sort of a full time job for a trader because he cant move himself away from the fast trading market.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:38:13 AM

How much money can you make if you start with say 10k or 25k?  Are there people that make 50k doing this?  But most importantly how much money would they need?
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:47:07 AM

How much money can you make if you start with say 10k or 25k?  Are there people that make 50k doing this?  But most importantly how much money would they need?
its up to you dear how much money do you effort for daily trading. however i am a daily trader and i personally suggested to all that you become a daily trader for your secure future. As many as you effort here you can earn much more.
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:49:14 AM

I think is enough to start trading and I believe you'll need knowledge and time also. No one can find the best strategy in short time with only little money. But I believe your hard work will give you the best result. Day trading is more difficult than long time period trading ( for me ) but is worth to be done. I suggest you try change mindset as an investor not a trader, it will help you to find best strategy. Good luck.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 07:42:00 AM

Yes it's possible to start with that amount. There are many coins that worth only cents so you can buy them or you can choose the higher value coins and then have a portion of it. If you plan to day trade then I suggest to try altcoin vs bitcoin because they have a possibility to increase in enormous percentage within a single day or drop as well. It depends on your analysis and I suggest to do your own research because if you try to ask someone what is the best coin to buy then surely he would suggest a coin he bought so that it would increase in value and then maybe it is already at the top so you would end up on a loss instead of profit.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:51:08 AM

what is a good amount to start with?

Trading is like gambling, you have to invest what you afford to lose and as for the newbies you can invest a short amount of 0.003BTC-0.005BTC. This is a good starting amount but if you don't have budget you can adjust and lower it.

Would it be possible to start with maybe $100-200 and work my way up?

Yes, you can start with that amount and it's going to be a good amount that you can afford to lose. Just choose those coins that are in hype it's good for day trading.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:34:24 PM

Day Trading would require much of your time, if you wanted to experience trading, you may use demo account https://www.bitfinex.com/trading or other exchanges/trading sites as well.

100$ to 200$ was a good start. you may earn 5$ to 10$ per day or more, if you we're good enough.
It is very unlikely that  a beginner is going to earn any money in trading he is going to be lucky to not lose all his money, that is why I have always thought that is a better idea to make the first trades without putting any money down.
pilsnerJosef

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:47:39 PM

Day Trading would require much of your time, if you wanted to experience trading, you may use demo account https://www.bitfinex.com/trading or other exchanges/trading sites as well.

100$ to 200$ was a good start. you may earn 5$ to 10$ per day or more, if you we're good enough.
It is very unlikely that  a beginner is going to earn any money in trading he is going to be lucky to not lose all his money, that is why I have always thought that is a better idea to make the first trades without putting any money down.

I also think so. That's why I didn't trade at first and only took part in some airdrops.
raking

Activity: 159

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:51:20 AM

ftp://

It is true that you can start with a small amount that in line with the amount you have. But currently btc price is $ 6000, so $ 100- $ 200 I think it's really too small to be able to invest in btc. You should save a lot of money and choose a suitable time to buy.
usekevin

Activity: 2212
Merit: 558

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:34:50 AM

It is true that you can start with a small amount that in line with the amount you have. But currently btc price is $ 6000, so $ 100- $ 200 I think it's really too small to be able to invest in btc. You should save a lot of money and choose a suitable time to buy.

I think it's not a high amount to get into trading so. For trading you should have good capital to start.Like 1/10 of BTC=600$.I think 600$ is the small amount to get reasonable profit from the Bitcoin.you can start with 100-200 $.I won't oppose you.But the profit for that will be very very low.So earn from Signature Campaign and Mining and inverse that in Trading.I am dam sure ,you will be Successful .
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:20:27 AM

I think it's not a high amount to get into trading so. For trading you should have good capital to start.Like 1/10 of BTC=600$.I think 600$ is the small amount to get reasonable profit from the Bitcoin.you can start with 100-200 $.I won't oppose you.But the profit for that will be very very low.So earn from Signature Campaign and Mining and inverse that in Trading.I am dam sure ,you will be Successful .

Just start with small capital like if you're just new in trading and didn't have enough knowledge just little amount will do. Yeah the profit will still be small but at least you won't lose some big amount. Just add little by little when you are profiting already and all will be easy.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:04:57 AM

trading is a name of risk so if you are risk taker then you can can start trading but there types in trading one is called holding while other is called day trading. day trading is very risky than holding trading but also day trading is profitable than holding trading. For day trading you should have strong and enough knowledge to observe every sec of your trading.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 11:28:19 AM

You can start trading by any amount but remember trading is high risk high return investment, so for the better use money that afford to loose. For trading startegy because the price of BTC now increasing fast so for better do trading altcoin paired with USDT or other fiat currecncy, but if you like to trade altcoin paired with BTC better do short trade to minimize the risk because price of BTC rise so fast now. 

greatk

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:40:51 AM

Day trading a bit risky and comes with a lot of tension, it's advisable to only use a small amount of your portfolio in day trading until you master the trade 

DevilSlayer

Activity: 1414
Merit: 358

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:57:10 AM

Day trading is really profitable but I think it is better if we do long term investment. It is better to hold our coins and sell it in the future. I know that long term investment is more profitable than day trading.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:49:44 PM

Winning amount depends entirely on you and Bitcoin price, so if you do not have a huge price drop you can win small amounts. Learn the fundamentals of economy.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:41:05 PM

Day trading is really profitable but I think it is better if we do long term investment. It is better to hold our coins and sell it in the future. I know that long term investment is more profitable than day trading.
Day trading is definitely not always profitable. Day trading is largely you just gambling. As quickly as you make some decent profits with day trading, you can lose these profits equally as quick, and end up with a loss for the day.

I have done it for a while, and there is no real satisfaction in this type of trading at all. It cost a lot of your time and you often end up with a loss after a full day of trading ~ it sounds better than it in reality is.

People believing that day trading is 'really' profitable, haven't done any day trading themselves, or they had just a lucky day (again, day trading is largely gambling) ~ try to repeat this for a longer period of time. Wink

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Olis1000

Activity: 92

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:15:38 AM

Yes you can make use of 100+ to start... Just know your capital how much you have gained and how much you loose..look for good alts and get in stock
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: