Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:21:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Day Trading  (Read 3831 times)
emalithcrypto

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 08:03:43 AM

Day Trading is a good way to earn money. but if you new to crypto currency world, I really not recommend to you it. because , short term trading is risk than HODL. $100 - $200 is Enough to start it. but do not be lost with fake signal oh tricky things.
best of luck... Wink Wink Wink

bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:07:30 AM

it's all depend on your situation,financial,and your strategy.
from $100+ is a good amount of money to start trading,i think your capital does not help you to do trade but instead,
the most important thing that you need to know is how much your financial and how much that you can lose.
trading cryptocurrency aka Bitcoin and else are not same like forex and other assets,
you can lose it in the next day and you can double it in the next day.
it's very hard to predict the price because it can be manipulated by some people/groups.

just make sure that you have financial back up,no matter how much your money/capital is,
as long as you have a financial back up and strategy it's a good start to do the trade in the cryptocurrency.
and my suggestion is try to do it by small amount first,try to feel it.how it works,market sentiment and movement.
later on you can work your way up

First off, great post! I agree with the points raised. In investing, whatever amount you are planning to put in, there's always a lot of aspects one must take note of to be able to guarantee a better success rate and lesser risk. I think if you are a starting trader, better not invest a whole lot of coins, because most likely, the coins you would initially invest would be your trial-and-error fund. As you get more experience under your belt and gain more knowledge with the ins and outs of the trading market, then you can invest more.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
clarkt

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:09:13 AM

Starting day trading with $100-$200 is somemething but you may not see any appreciable profit. The fact that you will be required to research and analyse chart on constant bases is the same regiment and routine you will also carry out for bigger fund.The profit you will gtet from $100 may not worth your time and effort!

Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:53:23 AM

If you invest in altcoins, you should spend a bit to trade slowly. If you wanna invest in Bitcoin, I recommend you spend all money you have to buy.
slyfox

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:51:46 AM

I've been thinking for a bit about day trading Bitcoin, and am curious, what is a good amount to start with? Would it be possible to start with maybe $100-200 and work my way up?

Sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section, pretty new to forums here.

I keep the below for such questions as this.

Before anyone starts trading they need to know the facts. Over 80% of traders are not profitable over time and only 1% make it big. The rest just struggle to stay above the line. For nearly 2 decades of part time (hobby) trading I have seen countless people think trading is easy fast money or at least easily possible to make good money in the end. The truth is its not easy and it takes a diverse set of skills + experience to be able to make some money on the side.

This is why people give up too soon. Every loss is valuable experience, many losses results in a lot of experience. If your interested in trading, start each trade small, stupidly small. Buy/sell on 3-5% margins and be thankful for your "wins". There wont be many. But learn from the stupidly small losses over and over again. Analyse your losses, don't go on feelings but data, both fundamental and technical, especially regarding crypto.

Set yourself $100 and make 5 x $20 trades on different commodities/coins etc try and turn each into $25 (excluding fees). You'll learn a lot before you get there. Trading will always be here, take some time out to perfect your skills, trade on data not emotions and enjoy the ride, its fun imo.
I’m bookmarking this since this is something that I have always thought people think that trading is an easy thing but that is simply not true, making money is always hard and in trading it is even harder, you need a lot of skill to overcome other traders and their skill.
trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:19:10 AM

100-200 is a great starting point in my opinion, you can hone your skills and profit some in the mean time, by the time you eventually grow your money to a few thousands (it will really take some time) you'll have learned so much that you can put in to practice. Some may say it's a waste of time as your hourly return is so little but if it works out, in the future that time invested will be invaluable.

roseybanez

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:28:36 AM

100-200 is a great starting point in my opinion, you can hone your skills and profit some in the mean time, by the time you eventually grow your money to a few thousands (it will really take some time) you'll have learned so much that you can put in to practice. Some may say it's a waste of time as your hourly return is so little but if it works out, in the future that time invested will be invaluable.
It's really hard to say that because if his capital is high so the profit for day-trading only 100-200 is too small, it's not worth . So i think the day-trading profit should be about nearly 5% of your capital is fine. It's not too much but not too less. It's acceptable.
dominikas18

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:24:49 AM

Hi guys! I have few thoughts regarding the upcoming btc Fork, would be glad to hear your opinion on the topic:
https://youtu.be/fpWNENPsNw4
Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:10:52 AM

If you are a newbie, $100-$200 is a suitable amount of money for trading. There are many things you have to learn to become an expert. Therefore, let cheat it like school fee.

johnnyns

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:27:21 AM

I began with $60 over a month ago, now I got about $15 Smiley
I do think I learned a lot though (but still nearly nothing), and think I still got a lot more to lose to be able to earn something (one could get lucky though).
If you plan trading it every now and then, you got little chance cause you're probably not serious enough and just got no skill. So with such a small investment, I'd propose one of two things:
- day trade, try, learn about coins, about trading, lose cash, it's a school you have to pay. Try having a kind of money management in advance, it'll help your money management skills later,
- choose 2-4 small cap coins that might increase a lot in next month/year, and hold. Add another 2-4 coins with your next $200 and so on. Set alerts to be sent to your email so you actually know when your coin hits some significant gain, and be ready to sell and not hold it while it goes back to where it came from. If you still believe in the coin, get it back for cheaper price.

jcowallace1968

Activity: 99

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:23:01 AM

Day Trading is a good way to earn money. but if you new to crypto currency world, I really not recommend to you it. because , short term trading is risk than HODL. $100 - $200 is Enough to start it. but do not be lost with fake signal oh tricky things.
Good advise. With 100-200$ i think Hold is a good option. Do not take risk with day trading.

elimi

Activity: 255

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:23:34 AM

You only need knowledge before entering the market so you can easily strategize in the market. You could miss out on a great opportunity because you sell certain coins in just one day where it is most likely to be able to ride on the next day ... in this case you have to be patient to get to the big fortune.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:58:08 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 11:58:40 PM by richminded

If you are a newbie, $100-$200 is a suitable amount of money for trading. There are many things you have to learn to become an expert. Therefore, let cheat it like school fee.

Day trading is really not advisable for the newbie since they might loose that money for just 1 day. If you are new then learn first how to trade and don't focus much on 1 day income always look for long term goal since crypto is our future, don't rush things because when you rush your money will surely gone in a just a snap of your finger.
farwellbit

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:15:49 PM

Good advise. With 100-200$ i think Hold is a good option. Do not take risk with day trading.
Day trading is a short term form and if someone has actually been trading since a long time ago, Then he must choose it as an option of quick earning.

The type of trading is quite vulnerable to higher level of risks than the long term trading methods therefore it is mostly restricted to the international market and has little percentage in the local business. Only those who have skilled in this professional well must opt for day trading but with limited amount in monetary terms.
rainezerr

Activity: 378

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:42:43 PM

I've been thinking for a bit about day trading Bitcoin, and am curious, what is a good amount to start with? Would it be possible to start with maybe $100-200 and work my way up?

Its not necessary for you to really use your salary to have a capital for investment and start trading. You can earn bitcoins by just working on bounty campaigns and when you have enough then that is the right time to start trading.

alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:45:21 PM

Day trading is a short term form of trading. this kind of project is used in a long time ago,for quick earning of profits.this not advisable for the beginner in trade because it might loose your money in a few moments,in a one shimmer of your eyes.its is advisable only for the experience and professional traders because they much knowlegeable of how to play this kind of game in limited amount of monetary terms.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:36:23 PM

Day trading is a short term form of trading. this kind of project is used in a long time ago,for quick earning of profits.this not advisable for the beginner in trade because it might loose your money in a few moments,in a one shimmer of your eyes.its is advisable only for the experience and professional traders because they much knowlegeable of how to play this kind of game in limited amount of monetary terms.
the fact that it is in such cash sizes as 100 or $ 200, you can start and learn to trade. for this select for yourself identified coins, which will do. optional to work at once with bitcoin. better take those coins, practice тopыx promising and they have a goal in the future. plus-minus 5% will give good result.
Tobson

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:15:23 PM

I would say that everything > 20$ is fine. But I want to add that daytrading might get you a lower profit since taxes might apply. In some European countries crypto earnings are subject to taxes if they are cashed less than one year after investing. I can't tell what tax laws apply in your country but it might be worth checking that.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:52:08 PM

I would say that everything > 20$ is fine. But I want to add that daytrading might get you a lower profit since taxes might apply. In some European countries crypto earnings are subject to taxes if they are cashed less than one year after investing. I can't tell what tax laws apply in your country but it might be worth checking that.

People don't care about declaring anything of their crypto holdings and activities. It's safe to say that like 90% of the people have never even considered paying tax over their holdings. Their mentality is what the government doesn't know, the government can't claim, and I can't blame them for thinking like that. As long as exchanges aren't snitching on their customers, there is no way any government will find out that you actually made any profits. The only thing people seem to worry about, is what trading fees are involved, and what withdrawal fees they need to pay when cashing out.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:13:45 PM

Its not necessary for you to really use your salary to have a capital for investment and start trading. You can earn bitcoins by just working on bounty campaigns and when you have enough then that is the right time to start trading.

That might be true for some people. But others are looking to inject a lot more money into Bitcoin and altcoins than they can earn from bounty campaigns. People should just listen to the cardinal rule: don't invest what you can't afford to lose. Crypto is highly risky.

People don't care about declaring anything of their crypto holdings and activities. It's safe to say that like 90% of the people have never even considered paying tax over their holdings. Their mentality is what the government doesn't know, the government can't claim, and I can't blame them for thinking like that.

I think that era is ending. Did you see the way the IRS is trying to shake Coinbase down? This will continue and it will scare a lot of people -- at least Americans -- into reporting and paying taxes. I'm not too familiar with tax enforcement in other countries, but people are pretty afraid of the tax man here in the US.

Honestly, I'm worried that the shutdown of BTC-e was only the beginning. Bitfinex served the US market for 4 years.... I could see them shutting down unlicensed exchanges that serve(d) US customers, and forcing licensed exchanges to provide 1099s like other brokers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: