Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:59:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: does wars will affect the cryptocurrency market?  (Read 1166 times)
jonathan6655321 (OP)

Activity: 286
Merit: 23

GuerrillaBuzz ICO/STO/IEO Marketing and PR company

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 06:59:11 AM

can you if wars will affect the cryptocurrency market?

GuerrillaBuzz: Blockchain, Crypto & Web3 PR Agency

GuerrillaBuzz is a leading blockchain PR, crypto, Web3 marketing agency. Trusted by CoinGecko, BRD, Bancor, AAX, Telos.
https://guerrillabuzz.com/
newlone

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:04:02 AM

Did you mean what is going on with the crypto market right now? The affect  is sure but it will gradually recover after the tripping.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:07:13 AM

there are actually different theories. some say wars lead people to invest their money in valuables to try and save up any loss when their country's currency tanks. so they choose bitcoin as one of their options so it may lead to a huge bitcoin price rise.

some say it won't affect it since people will be concerned about other stuff during a war. and even if the above is true, people will look for old stuff such as gold instead.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:02:35 AM

Imho it might influence the BTC price. Like if people think their national currency will fail it seems to be a good idea before the start of a real mess. But the problem is that they might not have access to internet or any payment systems that will allow to buy crypto.
maximus.a

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:06:50 AM

Depends on country.

Every news affect this market if they are global.
At the same time we have many ongoing wars in the world, many dont even aware of them.

So it depends..
bad3p43

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:14:23 AM

I think it will definitely drag down the market, wars can cause economic crisis so yeah  Sad
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:23:34 AM

Yes since wars could affect the price of anything. War could make a country in chaos making the market fall. If this applies to the whole world then it really could affect even the crpytomarket, making it to fall because of the anarchy cause by war.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:27:16 AM

I think a lot of folks in Bitcoin will tell you that a major war or stock crash would be great for the price of Bitcoin. "Everyone will put their wealth into sound money," they say. I don't buy it.

In times of economic turmoil and crisis, you hold historically sound assets and you concern yourself with surviving and keeping your family with food on the table. I wouldn't think that people would decide at a time like that to invest in the newest, riskiest asset class available. But who knows? I'm no prophet. I'm hoping we don't need to find out.

Nyenyepogi

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:29:34 AM

Yes its a big loss in market but i hope the war will not happen becuase many people die so keep praying becuase war is totally happen soon . i can say that becuase of war the amout of btc going decrease so much .
ap3311

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:35:59 AM

when we look at the situations we have lived in recent times, the reasons for the prices being affected are the changes experienced in the world as well. some countries threaten each other and even war scenarios are drawing attention to bitcoin prices.at the same time, this question was also brought to my mind. bitcoin or gold ? In such times of war, the bitcoin will definitely be safer than the gold. gold can be carried. may be lost or stolen. In any case, the bitcoin can be stored more securely than anything else. I hope we will not join a war anytime soon but if something like that comes up I guess I can choose to convert all my assets to bitcoin.

⚫▶      BUILDERIUM 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Creating the future you desire, one bid at a time

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
YOUR RELIABLE PLATFORM FOR SKILLED &
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION CLIENTS & CONTRACTORS

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Whitepaper
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN AIRDROP

moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:37:35 AM

Any global news does affect the Crypto market (either positively or negatively)....This includes 'Wars' for sure

But it depends on the nature of that war, the countries involved, its impact.....and many other factors

Also, keep in mind that BTC & other crypto currencies are weightless & can hold great value...so they are among the things that people can hold during periods of crises

crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:44:43 AM

It really depends on a type of war would be going on.

Following that it really depends of what needs of people are threatened and a scale of war.

At the and you need only basic stuff, money really doesn't matter.

If potentially everything leads to hell, you will end up trading with bread and water. No one will care for crypto.
Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:17:45 AM

If the war goes on a large scale and involves all countries in the world, it could be that cryptocurrency will not last, because everyone is at war. People will prefer food, weapons, and gold / diamonds.
But if war only happens in one country, it will have no big impact except on the country itself.
MisterKT

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:29:54 PM

War implies political unstability, and fiat currencies are directly impacted: as we can see in Venuzuela money lost a lot of value and people have started to mine bitcoin, buy bitcoin and the altcoins.
So in my view war will affect the cryptocurrency market in a positive way
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:39:06 PM

there are actually different theories. some say wars lead people to invest their money in valuables to try and save up any loss when their country's currency tanks. so they choose bitcoin as one of their options so it may lead to a huge bitcoin price rise.
The right thing to say is to switch from fiat to Bitcoin rather than "investing." People would prioritize their survival than investing money. It would be a good thing to use Bitcoin as a mode of payment in times when country's fiat system tanks like you said.

some say it won't affect it since people will be concerned about other stuff during a war. and even if the above is true, people will look for old stuff such as gold instead.
This is exactly as I'm saying that people would be concerned about survival and hence one of the key to survive is to look for an effective way to use another mode of payment in times that country's fiat tanks which can be Bitcoin or stick to the traditional way like gold.
wildet60

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:42:38 PM

War can surely affect the crypto market. The country being invaded, they would try to save their liquid assets. Abd crypto currency is the best hiding place. Demand will hugely rise.
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:45:34 PM

Yes it can. If a country with a great volume of bitcoin experienced war, their economy would fall down and the bitcoin holders of that country would be affected.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:47:08 PM

War can surely affect the crypto market. The country being invaded, they would try to save their liquid assets. Abd crypto currency is the best hiding place. Demand will hugely rise.

For any markets to grow people need a cash and wars will make investors nervous and everyone pulls out their money and keep liquid cash so all markets will be dragged down if any wars happen. It is not a good thing so shouldn't allow for any wars to happen. Thinking that if no issues then bitcoin prices may reach to 10K in next one to two-year time so don't want any wars.
traccdev

Activity: 81

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:49:02 PM

Yes it can. If a country with a great volume of bitcoin experienced war, their economy would fall down and the bitcoin holders of that country would be affected.

May I ask in what way? Bitcoin is not centralized so econimic turmoil of a country can not affect btc. other countries will be safe from that. Also which country hold how much btc is unknown.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:49:17 PM

Every war impacts currencies, especially the local currency of the warring factions and the USD. War at times can kick start a fledgling economy, especially its manufacturing base, when forced to concentrate its efforts on war time production. It will impact crypto currencies, not sure how though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: