Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 06:11:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could the Federal Reserve kill Bitcoin?  (Read 524 times)
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:03:37 AM

My only big worry about bitcoin:

The Federal Reserve; the people who own the US government(and the mightiest military), have much to loose when bitcoin goes global mainstream.
We are starting to see some possible tactics with recent statements by fraudster fed associate Jamie Dimon.

Asside from turning off the internet what else are these thieving pricks likely to do?

There isn't a whole lot that they can do against bitcoin.

As bitcoin is a decentralized ledger there is no point of failure that they can attack. As you said unless they shut down the internet there is really no way of getting every single node to stop operating on the bitcoin network.

They absolutely hate bitcoin though and are going to come up with measures to slow or attempt to stop its growth. For instance, shutting down all bitcoin exchanges could be possible. But then, trading could simply move to localbitcoins or other p2p trading sites.

Smiley
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:09:22 AM

The Federal Reserve; the people who own the US government(and the mightiest military), have much to loose when bitcoin goes global mainstream.
We are starting to see some possible tactics with recent statements by fraudster fed associate Jamie Dimon.

Asside from turning off the internet what else are these thieving pricks likely to do?

They have vested interest in seeing bitcoin fail.

Therefore they are going to attempt to do whatever they can to halt people from getting into bitcoin. If they were desperate then they could definitely terminate all bitcoin exchanges just like the Chinese government did. However, they can't do the same to bitcoin itself because it is indeed decentralized.

They could shut down bitcoin related businesses as well. But as i said, no way of 'shutting down' bitcoin itself, so there is no way the Fed can kill bitcoin entirely.
Stangkular

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:16:21 AM

They can kill bitcoin if they will ask the governments in different parts of the world to completely ban bitcoin because if they will ban bitcoin then it will become impossible for bitcoin to receive demands and also get transactions from people and since demand is one of the major foundation of the life of bitcoin so it is easy for bitcoin to die.
Exactly !! One could not just kill bitcoin. Since bitcoin is not backed by any government or an individual it is very tough for anybody to completely disable bitcoin transactions. Unless every government bans bitcoin completely , it is not possible for anybody to kill bitcoin. I don't find any reason for the federal reserve to kill bitcoin because they are the one's who are making profit in some way since we need fiat to convert it into bitcoin.
So bitcoin will be there, now and forever.

Maybe they don't really see bitcoin as a threat but a helping hand when they surely need it, or they are the one that taking credit in bitcoin technology that is why they don't interfere with certain bitcoin relative topic, well I think some of them, well like you have said they can't do something about bitcoin because maybe some of them are earning with it.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:22:07 AM

I don't think the Fed is considering Bitcoin as a threat, if it would Bitcoin would have been banned long time a ago, and if the US Federal bank were to ban it, would cause lot of pain to Japan and South Korea it allies that use Bitcoin as revenues. I feel post trump Bitcoin is finding favors in the Fed and maybe that's why that Jamie is running scared. They can't kill Bitcoin, it's cannot be destroyed, however they may consider to regulate it, as many countries are planning to do so.

Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:00:06 AM

Don't worry. The government cannot shut down bitcoin the same way they shut down LibertyReserve because in order to do that they would have to shut down the entire internet, and that is impossible and unfeasible for the government.

Of course they could technically make bitcoin illegal in the country, or make bitcoin exchanges/trading illegal.

But then, who would comply? There is really very little way they're going to find out, especially if you are trading irl, p2p style.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: