Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:57:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon to accept Bitcoin as early as this October?  (Read 3538 times)
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:13:35 PM

If that happen, it would really mean a lot to a bitcoin and bitcoin users. One of greatest selling sites to accept bitcoin as a way of paying is not a small thing. I think that is a big step for bitcoin, but i hope it will not be its last. It would make me even more happier if more companies, big as Amazon start accepting bitcoin. First time i was this happy, it was when i have seen that Steam accept bitcoin as a way of paying. Go go Bitcoin!  Grin
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5078

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:17:25 PM

Would love to see this, as it has been discussed for years.

But my bet is this is a completely fake rumor and nothing more. Would like to be proven wrong though.
sanjeevtalks (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 05:02:24 PM

Let's wait till October 26th and find out.

This. I feel sure that if it was really true, bitcoin's price would have jumped as Amazon executives would have rushed to buy (because bitcoin is unregulated and they don't have to disclose if they own any, they buy without upsetting the SEC).

How do you know Amazon hasn't been buying millions since the $2800 dip? Hell, Jamie Dimon and Jeff Bezos may have teamed up to crash the market and buy a of cheap BTC before the news of Amazon accepting BTC became official. If it was fake, wouldn't Amazon have said it's fake already?

I would buy right now if I didn't own any BTC, you can't miss the potential pump if it turns out to be real.
This is what I was trying to achieve. Spread the news enough and with the right channels to get a denial from official sources. If there's no denial then they could either accept btc or get into the blockchain space.
baronious

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:10:37 PM

I wish it was true but seems like fake news.  Eventually Ebay and Amazon will have to add bitcoin in order to keep up with the advances but we'll see when it happens.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:15:41 PM

I buy on Amazon, but I would prefer to continue to pay as I do now with fiat, because of I better will stay bitcoin to myself which is going to rise and bring me much more money, so better I would have this money than Amazon which is rich already, but I don't  Tongue
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:37:05 PM

it would really mean a lot to a bitcoin. If that happens this means that the widespread use of bitcoin, Bitcoin prices will rise. the fact indicates payment using bitcoin is very convenient so this can happen. waiting

Make me great again
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:56:12 PM

Will this only be for USA or worldwide?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Thedrop82

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:26:07 PM

If you read the article you can clearly see it is FAKE news.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:27:21 PM

Amazon accepting bitcoin would be YUGE, to say the least.

Maybe I missed it when reading the article, but if indeed it is true that Amazon will be accepting bitcoin, will they be accepting bitcoin directly or via a bitcoin payment processor like Coinbase or BitPay?
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:10:05 PM

This could definitely be possible. Amazon has expressed interest in the past in accepting btc if i'm not mistaken as well.

Them being interested in accepting bitcoin and announcing acceptance of bitcoin is going to prove to be a very positive piece for the traders and they are likely going to open up long positions. I'd say as soon as they announce it we can expect at least $300 increase in btc price.

Though the timing is still unknown, but end of October seems likely.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:19:18 PM

Let's wait till October 26th and find out.
Indeed.  I've been reading about Amazon accepting bitcoin for probably a good year
now, and I'll believe it when I see it.  It would be smart for them to do so, as the people who
generally use Amazon are pretty tech savvy and would be the ones most likely to actually
use bitcoin as a currency.  In other words, it's about time they started taking BTC.  Hell,
I haven't ordered anything from them in a few years, but I'd be happy to spend some coin
there if they took it, just to show my support.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:39:37 AM

As per a report broken by Squaker.org Amazon will accept Bitcoins as a form of payment soon. We could see a likely announcement on October 26th during Amazon's earnings conference call.

This could turn out to be a massive moment in the BTC history which could open up further possibilities.

Here's the report

https://squawker.org/technology/breaking-amazon-will-accept-bitcoin-by-october/11

Original Source - James Altucher

https://allthepics.net/image/KoNqw

Finally, some positive news for Bitcoin!

It'll obviously be great news for Bitcoin if Amazon decided to accept it and I think that it's going to spark a new round of pumps if it does happen in October or even just this year.  Amazon is one of the biggest online ecommerce sites no doubt, and for them to show interest in Bitcoin at all is a major news in the Bitcoin field.

the price could well go above and beyond $5,000 per Bitcoin at the announcement once they announce it.  and that is quite conservative as we have seen much higher pumps.

Compradora

Activity: 88

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:42:25 AM

it has not confirmed yet right ? do not over hyping about something that we are not sure,
i remembered a months ago when cameron and winklevoss proposing it,i found a lot a threads and  an articles about it will be approved by them and etc.
but in the reality ? it's rejected by them and because of that the price crashed for the moment.
to be honest i never heard about this actually,and seems like this issue is not well known,right.
do not get me wrong,i hope they can list Bitcoin as one of their payment point.
but do not let your head up to high because it has not yet confirmed by them,and currently we are facing a great storm cause by the chinese.
so stay cool and do not let your emotion take control

It's not confirmed yet, plus this is not realistic for Amazon. Some countries are banning bitcoin and other things. Amazon can't have bitcoin payment service during this situation clearly.
sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 04:41:15 AM

If it gets implemented then I would assume it would have to start with countries where it is currently legal.
sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 04:44:08 AM

it has not confirmed yet right ? do not over hyping about something that we are not sure,
i remembered a months ago when cameron and winklevoss proposing it,i found a lot a threads and  an articles about it will be approved by them and etc.
but in the reality ? it's rejected by them and because of that the price crashed for the moment.
to be honest i never heard about this actually,and seems like this issue is not well known,right.
do not get me wrong,i hope they can list Bitcoin as one of their payment point.
but do not let your head up to high because it has not yet confirmed by them,and currently we are facing a great storm cause by the chinese.
so stay cool and do not let your emotion take control

It's not confirmed yet, plus this is not realistic for Amazon. Some countries are banning bitcoin and other things. Amazon can't have bitcoin payment service during this situation clearly.
Which countries? There's just China. That too is only because they will clean up the system first. Any one backing Bitcoins would know that this is the right time to push it. Who knows they may buy a few themselves and announce it and get rewarded.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1555

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:10:57 AM

If that happens it will be better than any of the legalization, but I think that this will not happen. The tax authorities will not be able to formally calculate and track such transactions and I think they will be against. I think such rumors are aimed only for advertising Amazon. Until 26 October will be free to spread news about them. Then some will say why this has not happened. What do they want?

So, how do they calculate taxes of companies that already accept payment with bitcoin? There must be a system. I don’t see any problem. I suppose it must be something like counting bitcoin payment as the equivalent in fiat money, that’s it.

Moreover, I am positively sure that they will accept bitcoin payment but not so sure it will be as early as in a month because virtually no companies accept it nowadays. To accept it would be very good for us but a big move for the company.

eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:27:51 AM

Maybe the best thing we can do is to wait until Oct 26th if Amazon will really finally accepts bitcoin for payments. But for me, that is not really the problem. I want that Amazon will decrease their charge if they'll delivers other countries.  Grin
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:36:32 AM

I'm sure it would only be region by region for quite a while. They would probably do a pilot program in, say, Seattle. Then they would gradually roll it out to other regions.

Scale is an issue. I actually don't think that Amazon nor the Bitcoin network could comfortably handle the potential volume that Amazon could bring. I feel like Satoshi re: Wikileaks. Cheesy I don't see this as feasible until we have a functioning Lightning Network. And if they did it through Bitpay or Coinbase, same problem.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:35:18 PM

I buy on Amazon, but I would prefer to continue to pay as I do now with fiat, because of I better will stay bitcoin to myself which is going to rise and bring me much more money, so better I would have this money than Amazon which is rich already, but I don't  Tongue

You will pay with what will be easier and cheaper to you. So as anyone else. Those that mainly sell BTC need more merchants, those that still accumulate, they dont really need them since they just reduce their pile of BTC.
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:34:30 PM

An important reason why Amazon won't be accepting Bitcoin anytime soon is because a lot of their sales come through 3rd party sellers.

So, even though Amazon is the sales platform, you're actually buying from an independent seller and Amazon is just handling the order processing (and sometimes fulfillment). This means that individual sellers would have to sign on to accept Bitcoin.

Just managing this process and dealing with all the complaints from sellers who aren't happy with the BTC/USD rate at the time of sale thinking that Amazon screwed them somehow would make this a nightmare for Amazon. Amazon only disburses money to sellers every two weeks, so you could have sellers who sold a product when BTC was at $4,500, but it's at $3,500 by the time it gets disbursed.

The technical implementation wouldn't be as easy as just adding another payment option, so I'd be willing to bet everything I have that they won't be accepting BTC anytime soon.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: