Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:34:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon to accept Bitcoin as early as this October?  (Read 3538 times)
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:00:05 AM

I was waiting for this for a long time and i hope this time it can be happen this coming october  but i was confused honestly i seen a news yesterday that amazon will not accept bitcoin every and we are just seen that amazon was not accepting bitcoin until now..
And i think this is impossible to happen..
Well for now i can do is to wait.. and if ever amazon are not accepting any bitcoin anymore or in the future.. there are some ways that you can buy product from amazon using purse.io best alternative..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sanjeevtalks (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 05:30:39 AM

Maybe the best thing we can do is to wait until Oct 26th if Amazon will really finally accepts bitcoin for payments. But for me, that is not really the problem. I want that Amazon will decrease their charge if they'll delivers other countries.  Grin
Even if they acknowledge on 26th October that will implement btc payment system in a few months time for a specific region it will give the btc a significant push in value.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:47:44 AM

As per a report broken by Squaker.org Amazon will accept Bitcoins as a form of payment soon. We could see a likely announcement on October 26th during Amazon's earnings conference call.

If this does happen then it'll definitely impact bitcoin's price and drive it up quite a bit, and make a full recovery up to $4000+ and making the $4000 level as a floor finally. However, this remains to be speculation and it's hard to say whether or not Amazon is actually going to do it.

An important reason why Amazon won't be accepting Bitcoin anytime soon is because a lot of their sales come through 3rd party sellers.

Good point, but they can simply act as the middleman and convert the btc to fiat or even just have an option for people to accept btc directly. It's not difficult to implement at all.

But i can see what you're trying to say, and as i said - this remains to be speculation, not confirmed news. Don't get too excited. But if it does happen price will go up for sure.
mozillaspez

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:52:30 AM

it would really mean a lot to a bitcoin. If that happens this means that the widespread use of bitcoin, Bitcoin prices will rise. the fact indicates payment using bitcoin is very convenient so this can happen. waiting
Exactly good statement at all because look at the market. Market is surprised to see the change because look at the change bitcoin is once again going upward and people are once again coming to invest great effort by bitcoin.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:54:18 AM

it seems like this news is becoming kind of viral.

although i have a feeling that there is no much truth about it and it is mostly "rumors" than anything else. reading different articles online it seems like all the news sites are also taking advantage and repeating the same thing like always! without even checking facts.

i dare say it even had some effects on the price and helped a little rise. the same way random FUD causes a little drop.

but if it comes true, the long term effects on it must be huge. it will be a very nice publicity for bitcoin and in long term it will introduce bitcoin to many others and lead to wider adoption and much more usage of bitcoin as a currency. we can expect the $10,000 to come faster with it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:57:32 AM

In my view, it is NOT going to happen in November.

This is due to being a real cluster to do so...... JUST ahead of the Xmas season would be complicated for Amazon.

However, if the rumor would have said spring...I may have bought in on the rumor.

So I think, unfortunately, is it only rumor and nothing else.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 07:11:45 AM

Seems to good to be true for me. I myself went into bitcoin because I saw it accepted as a payment means for some service I used. If Amazon accepted it, there would be millions of new Bitcoin users and that would make the price go to the moon.

As for conversion and the difficulties for amazon and 3rd parties, they could just convert the BTC asap after receiving them... I see not much problem with that.

sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 08:05:40 AM

In my view, it is NOT going to happen in November.

This is due to being a real cluster to do so...... JUST ahead of the Xmas season would be complicated for Amazon.

However, if the rumor would have said spring...I may have bought in on the rumor.

So I think, unfortunately, is it only rumor and nothing else.

My gut feeling says this is probably fake. If it were to be true they would probably announce a date when they would implement it rather than going live in a couple of months.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:30:47 AM

An important reason why Amazon won't be accepting Bitcoin anytime soon is because a lot of their sales come through 3rd party sellers.

So, even though Amazon is the sales platform, you're actually buying from an independent seller and Amazon is just handling the order processing (and sometimes fulfillment). This means that individual sellers would have to sign on to accept Bitcoin.

Just managing this process and dealing with all the complaints from sellers who aren't happy with the BTC/USD rate at the time of sale thinking that Amazon screwed them somehow would make this a nightmare for Amazon. Amazon only disburses money to sellers every two weeks, so you could have sellers who sold a product when BTC was at $4,500, but it's at $3,500 by the time it gets disbursed.

The technical implementation wouldn't be as easy as just adding another payment option, so I'd be willing to bet everything I have that they won't be accepting BTC anytime soon.

I agree that a large percentage of Amazon´s sales come through 3rd party sellers.

However, you are completely mistaken about how this relationship between merchant and Amazon works.
Your worries are unfounded, because Amazon not only handles the processing but also the payment.
This is why you aren´t redirected to a sketchy website where you enter your CC data and instead
use the CC data stored at Amazom from your previous purchases.

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:12:27 AM

So, even though Amazon is the sales platform, you're actually buying from an independent seller and Amazon is just handling the order processing (and sometimes fulfillment). This means that individual sellers would have to sign on to accept Bitcoin.

Just managing this process and dealing with all the complaints from sellers who aren't happy with the BTC/USD rate at the time of sale thinking that Amazon screwed them somehow would make this a nightmare for Amazon. Amazon only disburses money to sellers every two weeks, so you could have sellers who sold a product when BTC was at $4,500, but it's at $3,500 by the time it gets disbursed.

The technical implementation wouldn't be as easy as just adding another payment option, so I'd be willing to bet everything I have that they won't be accepting BTC anytime soon.

This is only rumors and it won't come as a surprise if it turned out to be exactly just that - rumors. Sources can be reliable but can also be unreliable. It does seem weird that Amazon would implement bitcoin when they aren't selling the goods themselves but rather only serving as a platform to connect buyers and sellers.

But it could still work, and if it was implemented by October it'll offset the negative news from China completely.

Then, price has the potential to go to another ATH of $5k+. But it does depend on the legitimacy of the news.

Smiley
panorama

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:20:04 AM

Good point, but they can simply act as the middleman and convert the btc to fiat or even just have an option for people to accept btc directly. It's not difficult to implement at all.

But i can see what you're trying to say, and as i said - this remains to be speculation, not confirmed news. Don't get too excited. But if it does happen price will go up for sure.

Amazon acting as the middleman would be just as unlikely since they'd be taking on exchange rate risk.

There's very little upside for Amazon to do this and it comes with a lot of risk and complexity. If they were to start accepting, it would help Bitcoin more than it would help Amazon. Amazon is the largest retailer in the world, so they don't need to attract such a relatively small number of potential users.

ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:26:03 AM

I very much believe it's a fake news.Amazon will not accept bitcoin this soon because amazon operates under regulation from government and deals with a lot of fiat daily.If they accept bitcoin(which is very volatile) they can lose or gain money in short period of time which is very risky.Amazon can accept bitcoin in future when it becomes more widely accepted and price of bitcoin becomes stable and not manipulated by some dumb chinese people. Tongue

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
panorama

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:51:07 AM

I agree that a large percentage of Amazon´s sales come through 3rd party sellers.

However, you are completely mistaken about how this relationship between merchant and Amazon works.
Your worries are unfounded, because Amazon not only handles the processing but also the payment.
This is why you aren´t redirected to a sketchy website where you enter your CC data and instead
use the CC data stored at Amazom from your previous purchases.

How am I mistaken? Someone has to take on the risk, so it's either Amazon or the 3rd party seller.

Amazon is willing to take on processing risk because they have security measures in place to minimize fraud and with millions of transactions per year, they can pretty accurately estimate what their loss percentage is and build it into their margins. You can't do that with exchange rate volatility.

It sounds like you're suggesting that Amazon would take on volatility so it's not an issue for merchants. If so, there's no way for Amazon to mitigate this like they can with risk of fraud. Even if Jeff Bezos personally thought Bitcoin is undervalued, it's not likely that all shareholders would agree.

The other option would be for Amazon to do conversions from BTC to fiat on the spot for each transaction. You eliminate volatility risk, but converting each transaction comes at an added cost.

What's more likely to happen first is for Visa/Mastercard to start allowing BTC at some point since that's how it works with other currencies. If someone wants to buy something on Amazon using a European credit card, the buyer pays with Euros and Amazon receives dollars. Visa/Mastercard takes on the currency risk, but they build in a favorable exchange rate to account for volatility. If you've ever bought something via credit card while traveling abroad, you can see this on your statement at the end of the month. If they were to do the same with BTC before it becomes a more stable currency, they'd have to provide a really poor exchange rate to account for the extreme volatility we see today.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16620

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 01:46:33 PM

... I think that this will not happen. The tax authorities will not be able to formally calculate and track such transactions and I think they will be against.
I expect Amazon to instantly convert the Bitcoin into the local currency, just like any other large online service that accepts Bitcoin. Taxes are calculated just like any other sale.
If I continu speculating a bit more, I expect Amazon to be big enough to create it's own payment processor to exchange Bitcoins without paying a third party. They may even start a competing Bitcoin payment processor for other businesses, just like many businesses sell their products through Amazon.
For large orders Amazon may even save on creditcard fees if it's paid in Bitcoin.

cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:29:46 PM

As per a report broken by Squaker.org Amazon will accept Bitcoins as a form of payment soon. We could see a likely announcement on October 26th during Amazon's earnings conference call.

This could turn out to be a massive moment in the BTC history which could open up further possibilities.

Here's the report

https://squawker.org/technology/breaking-amazon-will-accept-bitcoin-by-october/11

Original Source - James Altucher

https://allthepics.net/image/KoNqw

realy youre statement
iam not found amazon founder release news in amazon site, if amazon can accepted bitcoin in october

if true amazon accepted bitcoin in october, i think bitcoin price can incraese very high go the moon

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 04:55:36 AM

This could turn out to be a massive moment in the BTC history which could open up further possibilities.

Here's the report

https://squawker.org/technology/breaking-amazon-will-accept-bitcoin-by-october/11

realy youre statement
iam not found amazon founder release news in amazon site, if amazon can accepted bitcoin in october

if true amazon accepted bitcoin in october, i think bitcoin price can incraese very high go the moon
It's just speculation at the moment. I am assuming it will turn out to be fake. But let's see. Watch this space for updates.
sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 05:03:54 AM

I very much believe it's a fake news.Amazon will not accept bitcoin this soon because amazon operates under regulation from government and deals with a lot of fiat daily.If they accept bitcoin(which is very volatile) they can lose or gain money in short period of time which is very risky.Amazon can accept bitcoin in future when it becomes more widely accepted and price of bitcoin becomes stable and not manipulated by some dumb chinese people. Tongue
If Amazon starts accepting Bitcoin then it automatically becomes more acceptable and hence more stable.
lincolnmad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:26:48 AM

Here's the report

Today is 26th October, but there is still no official news from Amazon about this bitcoin payment. if this news turn out to be real it would be a good and big news into bitcoin community. The price of bitcoin will rocket for sure up to $5,000. I'm not quite sure actually about this news it might be only a prediction.
sanjeevtalks (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 05:50:08 AM

Here's the report

Today is 26th October, but there is still no official news from Amazon about this bitcoin payment. if this news turn out to be real it would be a good and big news into bitcoin community. The price of bitcoin will rocket for sure up to $5,000. I'm not quite sure actually about this news it might be only a prediction.
Today is 26th September. I would like whatever you are smoking today  Grin Tongue Tongue
albertvert

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:25:02 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 10:23:53 AM by albertvert

Here's the report

Today is 26th September. I would like whatever you are smoking today  Grin Tongue Tongue

Bitcoin is a digital currency system and it's day by day value  increased and  it's today rate was near by 4000 $ .So it can't use it all the shopping purpose in Amazon also accept bitcoin as early as to this October or may be soon.Many may expect this to happen at the October end or November Beginning.If so bitcoin will change the Amazon World.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: