Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:19:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Market in Cryptocurrency  (Read 296 times)
Kencha77 (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:59:22 AM

There's this alt coin that i have been seeing in my news feed this past few weeks. Apparently, this alt coin which is more than 2 years old already will be added to the coinmarketcap.com in the next few days. Within this 2 years of its existence, the coin was only traded personally(online/meet-up) between sellers and buyers (mostly coming from the same region as i am) without having the coin added to any exchanges.

My question is, is it better for an alt coin to build its 'closed' community first before adding it to exchanges first for the global community to notice it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:14:15 AM

There's this alt coin that i have been seeing in my news feed this past few weeks. Apparently, this alt coin which is more than 2 years old already will be added to the coinmarketcap.com in the next few days. Within this 2 years of its existence, the coin was only traded personally(online/meet-up) between sellers and buyers (mostly coming from the same region as i am) without having the coin added to any exchanges.

My question is, is it better for an alt coin to build its 'closed' community first before adding it to exchanges first for the global community to notice it?

I think that way it would be better to speculate the price of a coin.
A coin that have already established a user base and a value would show low fluctuation when added to an exchange as well there would be lesser chance for devs or any person to manipulate the price as we see in many of coins when they hit the market.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Kencha77 (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:33:59 PM

I think that way it would be better to speculate the price of a coin.
A coin that have already established a user base and a value would show low fluctuation when added to an exchange as well there would be lesser chance for devs or any person to manipulate the price as we see in many of coins when they hit the market.

That is the kind of argument i tell when people keeps 'forcing' the dev's of a just recently finished ICO to add their coins to popular exchange sites for the coin to be have more public exposure which they said will greatly increase the value of that coin.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:41:05 PM

I do not believe in the success of closed communities. Any coin valued only for its capitalization. The more people invest in coins money the more popular this coin. The laws of the market has not been canceled.
YYmeans

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:55:13 PM

No , I don't think it's a better way . It's not transparent enough for me . So I don't invest in such coin like you said, even I don't want to know what's the name of it . Good luck to you .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: