Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:48:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why i have decided to invest in Ignite (IGNT) now.  (Read 522 times)
martingore (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:22:31 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2017, 09:43:06 AM by martingore

Project name:    IGNITE  - igniteratings.com
Investment stage:   Pre-sale
Pre-sale/ICO:      Nov-Dec
Headline:   A decentralized rating system and Index for public offerings (IPO, ICO etc).

Description:  Ignite adopts an innovative approach by combining a decentralized ratings platform with an investment index that is powered by the ratings platform itself. Ignite's software automatically deploys the index's capital by way of investment into the highest rated assets.

It works much like any other rating or review platform, whereby Ignite's users are the ones providing opinions and feedback on blockchain-based assets. Ignite refers to their users as the Ignite HIVE, which seems appropriate - all users work together, combining their unique skills, opinions and investment methodologies to generate a collective ratings score.

Another interesting feature of the Ignite solution, is its "Reputation Engine". All individual submissions are, themselves, subject to review and rating by the HIVE members, which acts to build a user's on-platform reputation – HIVE members with low reputation scores have less, or even no influence on the ratings process, while highly reputable HIVE members have more of an impact. In this sense, the community is also self-moderating and the platform resistant to collusion from those who would seek to "game" the system. Ignite records all interactions with its platform on the blockchain, ensuring that all users' activity is fully transparent.

In traditional finance, ratings agencies are incentivized by the issuers, which creates a de facto conflict of interest Ignite points out that this "ratings shop" approach directly led to the financial crisis in 2008. Additionally, traditional ratings are not based on real time information, but are usually written and distributed after the fact; thus value for a trader or investor is limited at best.

Ignite breaks away from the traditional incentive model as its users are actually deploying capital which they contributed during the Ignite ICO. Thus, the token holders are incentivized to rate assets appropriately, as funds are automatically deployed by way of investment into the platform's most highly-rated assets. The HIVE members are also encouraged to revisit and maintain the adequacy of their ratings as assets can be liquidated, or purchased instantly should the HIVE make a collective "decision". The Ignite Index will only invest a maximum of 1% of its current net asset value into any one asset, which makes the token itself an incredible diversification tool in its own right, as it provides token holders with exposure to the highest-rated ICOs.

The end result is a decentralised ratings agency which, according to swarm theory, should provide superior returns to token holders, while providing real time ratings information to the industry in general.

WHITE PAPER: https://igniteratings.com/white-paper/

Team: Both co-CEOs have a solid background, with law, finance and investments in this history, with the CTO having all it takes to lead this project with an impressive solid technical background.  They are advised by a few very professional individuals from the financial sector, such as Joe Cammarata of Speedroute, Vikram Nagrani of Hassans, as well as an IBM security expert and others.  The team will grow once funding will happen.

Caps: “Unlike most ICOs or crowdsales where 100% of the capital raised disappears into the operating accounts of the business, a minimum of 60% of Ignite ICO contributions will be securely set aside and used solely for the purpose of seeding the Ignite MASTER INDEX”.  Until $25 million is reached, 60% goes to the MASTER INDEX, above that number, it goes all the way up to 90% going into the Master Index.  Hard cap  is 100 million USD.  So yes, the cap is high, but most of it is going into creating a serious INDEX, which all token holders will gain from.

Token use:      
These are the main features:

1.   Access to the Ignite RATINGS platform and the HIVE knowledge store;
2.   Ability to participate in the Ignite RATINGS process as a member of the Ignite HIVE (subject to eligibility and reputation).
3.   Deployment of a minimum of 60% of all capital contributed via the Ignite MASTER INDEX.
4.   A source of real-time income in the form of 50% of gains realised on "winning" trades of the Ignite MASTER INDEX.
5.   A reinvestment of 30% of gains realised on "winning" trades of the Ignite MASTER INDEX.
6.   Preferential early access pricing on third party pre-ICO and on all future Ignite INDEX IC.

SEC Regulation:   Perfect score on their HOWEY test.
https://igniteratings.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Ignite-RATINGS-Securities-Law-Framework-Checklist.pdf   

Conclusion:  The Ignite system provides an interesting solution to public offering ratings, both in crypto ICOs and in the old world IPOs. Due to how things are going with ICOs, it is clear a real rating service, one that can be dependable upon for being authentic and updated, will be required, needed, and desired by many. The timing in my opinion, with regulations hitting us, is perfect.   I find this project to be an incredibly solid opportunity with both short and medium term potential, but of course a great long term investment. 

(Edited 29/10/17)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tony Lane

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Ubermaster

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:06:14 PM

Great post,

Was on the fence about this one, what with there being so many ICO's to choose from these days.

It looks like this has been extremely well researched and it has now helped me make up my mind.

Looking forward to the next post!

Tony

❚ ❙ ❘                  ❘ ❙ ❚ P H O R E ❚ ❙ ❘                   ❘ ❙ ❚
bayong

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:18:43 AM

To invest in any ico is great specially if you know there background of the projects.

I'll just wait for further news of this Ignite Team...

Cheers.

IgniteDamon

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 01:10:00 PM

I'll just wait for further news of this Ignite Team...

We're here and available to answer any questions you might have about us, our background, the project etc. Fire away...

@Martin - thanks so much for the vote of confidence and the very thorough write-up of the Ignite project. We are super-excited to be bringing Ignite to life and grateful for the support and feedback that we are receiving from our contributors and the wider "crypto" community.

D.
vinjoza

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:30:46 PM

Martin, is Ignite still your pick? you had some good ones I saw on Reddit...
martingore (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:35:52 PM

Yes sure is, now more than ever actually. It is rare to find a project that has such value to its token from the stand point of the investor, but at  the same time providing a perfect score on the Howey test. I love the idea that you can invest in this project, and not have to depend on the exchange speculation to end up making a nice profit. All you do is HOLD and let the Index created by the Ignite Ratings system do the rest. It is just a matter of time till this whole project takes over Crypto. How could it not with so many ICOs popping up every day??
Crypto_Police

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 09:18:52 AM

I love this idea! I think it's one of the best ICOs I have seen yet, for these reasons.

1. The Idea

Ignite is solving a massive problem. The lack of information. As an investor in many ICOs myself, the first problem I notice is the lack of credible information. By bringing a community that is incentivised by trading gains together, we can ensure we receive top quality information, before anyone else receives it. Knowledge is Power!

2. The Team

No matter how good an idea maybe, the success of the idea depends on a strong team. And after personally interacting with the team over the past few months, I can vouch that the Ignite team is not just here for a pump and dump, they are here to solve an issue for the entire crypto community.

Just take a look at some the articles written by them, for instance, did you know the first IPO ever held was that of the East India Company?

https://medium.com/igniteratings/financial-markets-to-crypto-markets-history-repeats-itself-again-9e3881a23d7d

3. Adjusting to Market Conditions and Taking Feedback

It is not enough to have a strong team, we need a team that takes constructive feedback and implements it. The crowdsale was initially set at 20,000,000 IGNT tokens, but on feedback from the community, the cap was halved to 10,000,000 tokens, while keeping the price same!

This to me is the first sign of success as the community is shaping decisions in a true decentralised manner, and it shows the team is always responsive and pro active.

4. Media Awareness

We all depend on media to aid us in our decisions, and Ignite has been featured on many publications like NASDAQ, CoinTelegraph, TokenMarket and ICOBench, in a positive light.

From the NASDAQ release:

As all community members share the common goal of profit, interests are fully aligned across the community to ensure that individuals rate well and rate honestly. The end result is a decentralised ratings agency which, according to swarm theory, should provide superior returns, while providing real-time ratings information to the industry.

5. True Diversification

The Ignite Index will only invest a maximum of 1 percent of its current net asset value into any one asset, which makes the token itself an incredible diversification tool in its own right, as it provides token holders with exposure to the highest-rated ICOs, based on truly decentralised insights.

This is going to be a massive idea and will definitely revolutionise the entire cryptocurrency landscape.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: