Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:12:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do ICOS's work?  (Read 1339 times)
cocoinin

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:16:05 PM

Yep! Or rather... that's why traditional financial markets are cluttered with regulations in the first place. It seems like the crypto-world always needs to learn the hard way why the traditional financial system works the way it does.
refactoring is always hard
rebuilding classic "banking and co" system is f*cking almost impossible job

most effective way to build financial system in XXI century natural for global economy and fast internet - is to build it from scratch
that is what happening right now

it's not a "death of banking system". It's a whole new world. Like mail vs email vs messengers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:35:56 PM

Yep! Or rather... that's why traditional financial markets are cluttered with regulations in the first place. It seems like the crypto-world always needs to learn the hard way why the traditional financial system works the way it does.
refactoring is always hard
rebuilding classic "banking and co" system is f*cking almost impossible job

most effective way to build financial system in XXI century natural for global economy and fast internet - is to build it from scratch
that is what happening right now

it's not a "death of banking system". It's a whole new world. Like mail vs email vs messengers.

Just a development or an upgrade of the old one from an new developer who copy and adds new idea from other developers,that how it goes and we can which is better once were already doing research were to put our investments.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
cocoinin

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:52:15 PM

Just a development or an upgrade of the old one from an new developer who copy and adds new idea from other developers,that how it goes and we can which is better once were already doing research were to put our investments.
sorry, I don't get what you want to tell
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:45:08 PM

An ICO is essentially the first public offering to purchase coins for their blockchain project. The chief advantage is the same as being an early investor in any company or business project. The objective is that the company or blockchain project is going to use those funds to grow and make the company and/or coin more valuable in the future. We have a blog post expanding on this, so check it out:

Bit.ly/GuideToExchanges

Smiley
bitcoinpete

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:08:49 PM

As a good promotion for startups
And to get tokens for a good price b4 ICO will be finished

Wink

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
atithisha

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:46:40 AM

Hi guys,

Initial coin offering have become more popular with the rapid growth of cryptocurrencies. This model has helped a lot of successful projects and companies get the funding required to start their business.

Following are the steps explaining how exactly the ICO process works:

1. Pre-Announcement
2. Offering
3. Running PR-Campaign
4. ICO Sale.

ICO website can help to develop your business growth every day
BEX

Activity: 25
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:56:28 AM

If you want a description of the different steps of an ICO you can follow this link https://www.blockchains-expert.com/en/initial-coin-offering/
ahtsham90

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 08:07:40 AM
Merited by waqasniaz007 (2)

Its no that simple. filtering out the right project form the number of projects is not an easy task. ICOs are launching every single day before investing the ICOs you have to look into many things PROJECT AIM, TEAM, TOKEN SUPPLY, TOKEN DISTRIBUTION, RESERVED HOLDING. These all are the factors which is necessary to consider before choosing the right on.

coinuser101

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 08:31:46 AM

An ICO is an investment in the future of a business or technology.

Generally, a group of people will propose a project to build a technology or a business, and they sell the coins that the project will use. If the technology or business is successful, then the coins might have some value in the future.

ICOs are extremely risky. It is likely that most ICOs are just scams, and it is also likely that most of the rest will fail. And even then, the values of the coins for the few projects that succeed may never reach the value that you paid in the ICO.

That is true, if you even consider the fact that over 90% of startups fail within three years!
zangleerb

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 09:21:21 AM

ICO is the way a project need to do when they begin their bussiness or platform. It's very risk for newbie in crypto market when you want to invest in ICO. Many scam project around here, even if it's not scam, it's not always give you benefit you want. Don't invest your money when you see your friends or people around you do that, they're not always do the right things. You need to research carefully about the roadmap, whitepaper, about their platform, etc.
I think you should trade or hold tokens before learing to invest in ICO.
santorinii

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:51:46 AM

do not expect to make 5x, 10x your money, That's very rare, unfortunately, not all developers are fair and many companies collect millions of dollars and do not follow their promises and roadmaps
MXgirl150

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:02:20 PM

Yes... as a few people mentioned before, research very very well before buying!!

I saw this other post and thought it was helpful: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3115076.0

Basically just do a ton of research before buying... just like any other investment!

Good luck
Revi250cc

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:26:46 PM

Yes... as a few people mentioned before, research very very well before buying!!

I saw this other post and thought it was helpful: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3115076.0

Basically just do a ton of research before buying... just like any other investment!

Good luck

this vid was funny n helpful to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyuZ_bCQeIE
zacxavier

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:44:53 PM

I dont have much time in the cryptoworld, but i'm interested on how so many people trust on ICOs and claim them to be a good way to simply x2, x3 or even x10 your money.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but a TOKEN Based ICO sell their unique tokens at a price, just so months later the token gets accepted on an Exchange then you can trade those tokens and double your money.
It it really that simple?

It's never that easy. What I did was I use my fundamental skills, meaning you guess the price according to the upcoming events of that particular token/coin then I buy then I would sell on profit. Other way around this won't make sure guess, and there comes technical analysis that you need to study the price according to price movements which I am trying to learn now. Just don't put to much money on an investment you are not sure of to avoid heartbreaks and just play the game cool
lirvine

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:56:30 PM

its like IPO, just ICO Wink
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:57:59 PM

Investing on ICO coins is profitable but many people complain of the risk involved but, to me investment most especially when it comes to cryptocurrency is all about risk. As a beginner Pre-ICO investment  will really help you a lot you can even gain times 20 but you have to read all rules involved and always be careful.
tooteeh

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:39:30 PM

Yeah I also think about investing in ICO and agree that you have to do a ton of research before. Everyone is saying that their ICO is great and give you arguments, videos and articles confirming that.
freepbt

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:07:21 AM

I dont have much time in the cryptoworld, but i'm interested on how so many people trust on ICOs and claim them to be a good way to simply x2, x3 or even x10 your money.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but a TOKEN Based ICO sell their unique tokens at a price, just so months later the token gets accepted on an Exchange then you can trade those tokens and double your money.
It it really that simple?

What you say, it seems right, some people just participate the ICO, then the tokens what they got befor go to online excchange market will double their money. but, sometimes, the token can't go to online exchange market, at the meanwhile, when the token go to online with difficulty,the price of the token become cheapper.

So the most important is find a good token which it have a good future.
bananapeelfeed

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:17:49 AM

Some ICO's do airdrops that can be lucrative if you pick the right ones.

Copy / paste the twitter url in my signature for a list of airdrops updated daily. I even have a top 10 ranking for the most promising ico's.
butrsukumpanumet

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:24:47 PM

It is likely that most ICOs are just scams, it is also likely that most of the rest will fail. And don't expect to make 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x your money. That's very, very rare.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: