Bitcoin Forum
October 08, 2024, 04:40:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.009 bt after almost 24 hours 650 mhash  (Read 741 times)
scph9002 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:07:04 PM

Whats wrong?

With that amount it probably wont even brake/even the power consumption of my gpu FAN

How long until unconfirmed credits (which is the majority of my credits) gets confirmed btw?
karlsberg

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:23:53 PM

What do you expect? 10k BTC after 24 hours? Wink
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:39:44 PM

Whats wrong?

With that amount it probably wont even brake/even the power consumption of my gpu FAN

How long until unconfirmed credits (which is the majority of my credits) gets confirmed btw?

Mine Litecoins or other altcoins. They may be more profitable.

See: http://www.coinchoose.com and http://dustcoin.com/mining to determine which suits you.
scph9002 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:46:21 PM

I expect more then 0.009, also expect gain more then break even with the power consumption of my computer. At this rate I would get max 40 USD (thats with todays exchange rate mind you) if I mine day and night non stop for 30 days. Maybe I brake even with the power consumtion of my computer or maybe earn a few usd's but whats the point of that.

A couple of bux and i have to have my computer running very hot and being very noise 24/7, and I cant really game on it while doing so?

If i realize now that its just a big waste of time, and I cant retrieve my bitcoins I earned because its below the 0.01 threshold.. where does that money go?.......
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:52:40 PM

Mining Btc with GPU isn't going to be profitable anymore.
There is better hardware and there are countries with very low electricity costs.
My opinion: Let it mine til 0.01 to retrieve your coins and either mine some altcoins that are still worth it or stop mining.
Dopaminergic

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:56:24 PM

Haha reading the title of the thread I thought you were surprised you made so much, as I was.
scph9002 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:56:37 PM

Mining Btc with GPU isn't going to be profitable anymore.
There is better hardware and there are countries with very low electricity costs.
My opinion: Let it mine til 0.01 to retrieve your coins and either mine some altcoins that are still worth it or stop mining.

How was is profitable a few years ago? The block where like 50 coins each or smth like that then and that was the reason it was profitable right? But hardware where slower and the exchange rate where ALOT lower :S
Birdy

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:15:17 PM

How was is profitable a few years ago? The block where like 50 coins each or smth like that then and that was the reason it was profitable right? But hardware where slower and the exchange rate where ALOT lower :S
It's not the only reason, mining is competitive. There were a lot less other miners with worse hardware than now, so you had a far higher chance to gain coins (read about difficulty level).
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:26:17 PM

Your pool have probably been unlucky. You should normally get at least 0.025 at current difficulty.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Birdy

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:39:03 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 02:54:11 PM by Birdy

Your pool have probably been unlucky. You should normally get at least 0.025 at current difficulty.
Could be the case, so maybe it's still worthwhile atm.
I'm no miner so I don't know the amounts per mhashs. If it's still worthwile, use it while it lasts. That is going to end soon.
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:50:14 PM

Could be the case, so maybe it's still worthwhile atm.
I'm no miner so I don't know the amounts per mhashs. If it's still worthwile, use it while it is. That is going to end soon.

It should pay your electricity at 50M too, but you should probably not buy any dedicated CPU's. :-)

The longevity of the card is reduced, but you are still likely to switch it out by other reasons before it fails. (Still - the fan might need to be replaced before that.)

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:35:19 PM

You came late to the game Smiley

Late spring and summer of 2011 and spring of 2013 until recently were the most profitable moments to mine with GPUs. It will only be getting worse and by the end of this year GPU miners will probably consist of <1% of total hashpower.

Signature space available for rent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: