Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:52:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NO ICO] HumanitaryCoin | CPU Mining | No Pre-Mine | Asic-Resistant  (Read 26785 times)
humanitarycoin (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:39:43 PM

Thanks for letting us know.

This error must have occurred at dawn when I edited the website, the drowsiness was strong.
humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:47:30 PM

I love that it's CPU only at the moment, kinda wish it would stay that way. Setup via Windows 10 bash, easier than messing around with a vm. Bash is already a part of windows. I wish you every success with this project moving forward.
The CPU at the beginning is good for everyone to do mining and get some coins, the cryptonight algorithm is resistant at ASIC, so we will not have extremely high difficulty problems, I believe everyone could do CPU mining for a long time.
humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:53:46 PM

can anybody please let me know the steps on how to start or configure gui wallet in windows 7.
At the moment, I am trying to compile a wallet for Windows, but as I am doing this through the Windows operating system, this is giving some errors (compiling in Windows is awful), I will try to compile in the linux.

If anyone can help make wallet for windows, I will give reward as a form of gratitude.
humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:00:06 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2017, 08:20:22 PM by humanitarycoin

update: I will not continue to work on the pool. Without a normal RPC wallet and distinct parameters, this takes too much time.
okay, no problem, I'm already getting in contact with some mining pool for HCN list, I believe that in the next few days I already have at least one mining pool available.
humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:10:36 PM

When I try to run ./humanitarycoind , I get this:
Code:
./humanitarycoind: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.58.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Help.
is missing some dependencies, so it presents this error, if you run Ubuntu 16.04 use the command below:
wget http://www.humanitarycoin.org/install-dependencies.sh
bash install-dependencies.sh

for other unix operating systems, download and install (apt-get install) the dependencies below:

build-essential, python-dev, gcc-4.9, g++-4.9, cmake, libboost1.58-all-dev, librocksdb-dev

I am using Ubuntu 17.04, help again? I can't install libbost1.58-all-dev because it says Repository not found.
to start a wallet, we recommend using Ubuntu 16.04 or 14.04 as it is easier.

start the wallet in Ubuntu 17.04, install this dependency:
https://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/zesty/universe/base/libboost-all-dev

if still continue giving the error of lack of dependency, search google for tutorials aiming at Ubuntu 17.04
Highspeed123

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:37:42 PM

Is there an official Slack or Discord channel I can join for the latest info? Thank you.
humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:57:17 PM

Is there an official Slack or Discord channel I can join for the latest info? Thank you.
not for now, but we'll do it soon, i give support if anyone does it first.
humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:00:53 AM

How many developers are working on HumanitaryCoin?
currently only 2 dev, for a start it's good Cheesy .
humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:07:32 AM

When I try to run ./humanitarycoind , I get this:
Code:
./humanitarycoind: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.58.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Help.
is missing some dependencies, so it presents this error, if you run Ubuntu 16.04 use the command below:
wget http://www.humanitarycoin.org/install-dependencies.sh
bash install-dependencies.sh

for other unix operating systems, download and install (apt-get install) the dependencies below:

build-essential, python-dev, gcc-4.9, g++-4.9, cmake, libboost1.58-all-dev, librocksdb-dev

I am using Ubuntu 17.04, help again? I can't install libbost1.58-all-dev because it says Repository not found.
to start a wallet, we recommend using Ubuntu 16.04 or 14.04 as it is easier.

start the wallet in Ubuntu 17.04, install this dependency:
https://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/zesty/universe/base/libboost-all-dev

if still continue giving the error of lack of dependency, search google for tutorials aiming at Ubuntu 17.04

I just made a VM on my main computer with Ubuntu 16.04 instead, and it works now. Thanks for the Help!
When you need it again, ask for help, we will be happy to help you.
Highspeed123

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:39:53 AM

I hope you keep working on this project and see it through. I take it you're actively working on securing exchanges and fulfilling its future purpose of being a coin to help those in need? Don't give up! Smiley
humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:44:49 PM

I hope you keep working on this project and see it through. I take it you're actively working on securing exchanges and fulfilling its future purpose of being a coin to help those in need? Don't give up! Smiley
We are working hard  Cool.

Iin the moment, we are focused on listing the HCN in some mining pools to later focus on the exchanges.
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:38:44 PM

What's so special about this coin? because anonymity already exists in the monero as informed in the post informed by voices in the ANN. Explain to me the difrential of this coin please  Wink Wink
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:48:48 PM

What's so special about this coin? because anonymity already exists in the monero as informed in the post informed by voices in the ANN. Explain to me the difrential of this coin please  Wink Wink

Technically nothing I suppose. Right now the only advantages are that it has low diff and can be cpu/gpu mined. So it's accessible to everyone... as soon as the windows wallet is released of course

Unfortunately cryptonight coins have fallen out of favor for a few reasons.
1) they are harder to add to exchanges
2) they are vulnerable to mining attacks, such that a few extremely high hash miners mine for a small period of time exploiting the fact that diff is slow to adjust. Then they go away leaving the poor people mining on high diff for a long time.

It remains to be seen if the dev team can add value to it somehow. It's not a certain event. I already have quite a few dead cryptonight coins in millions that never made it to an exchange.

I'm hoping they can make something of it, otherwise I just waste some electricity. But it's not like my cpu has anything else worth mining these days.

Truth be told,, I'd much rather see coins based on lyra2z or argon2d. They are closer to bitcoin clones (so easy for exchanges) and pure cpu too. Unfortunately, they are probably harder to clone too.
Cryptonight is almost too easy. With forknoted, all you need is a config file

humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:44:34 PM

I am the first one to follow you on twitter. I understand that there is no genesis block and you are mining alone for a pre-sale. However how will you find the coins to trade for humanitarian missions? Is there going to be a masternode collecting all the fees and that will be sold on exchange to pay for it? Or mining pool fee will be pay for this kind of aid?
thank you for following.

the pre-sale has been canceled, now anyone can start mining, and then waits for the humanitarycoin to be listed in an exchange, then just trade.

will soon also be listed in a mining pool.

for the humanitarian aid campaign, throughout the project we will notify everyone, each one can help and donating HCN, the campaign will be created from 2018, we are the only one without pre-mining and will still help the needy.

Thanks.
You aren't going to do a ICO for this coin? If so then you might want to change the title of your thread to NO ICO so more people can be interested in it.

Thanks for the guidance, I'll do it now.
humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:00:13 PM

What's so special about this coin? because anonymity already exists in the monero as informed in the post informed by voices in the ANN. Explain to me the difrential of this coin please  Wink Wink
your doubt is perfectly normal, I would also do the oturos dev.

the cryptonight algorithm is used by other CryptoCurrency only for market capitalization, ie, it only targets profit, some there is no specific script, only mining, listing on an exchange and dumping all the coins billing thousands in cash, HCN has one a mission of beyond capitalization, to be used as a humanitarian currency, so if there is a disaster in some country, rather than a person donating money, which often they do not know how to do, they donate HCN, or to humanitarian aid organizations or institutions that help those in need.

instead of just capitalizing on the market of CryptoCurrency, we will also allow humanitarian aid to be taken more quickly without bureaucracy.
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:07:32 PM

Shouldn't be better to use a non-anon coin to humanitarian causes?

I'd rather see where my donations go for example. These days when we donate to some cause, we never know where the money will end...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:14:24 PM

What's so special about this coin? because anonymity already exists in the monero as informed in the post informed by voices in the ANN. Explain to me the difrential of this coin please  Wink Wink

Technically nothing I suppose. Right now the only advantages are that it has low diff and can be cpu/gpu mined. So it's accessible to everyone... as soon as the windows wallet is released of course

Unfortunately cryptonight coins have fallen out of favor for a few reasons.
1) they are harder to add to exchanges
2) they are vulnerable to mining attacks, such that a few extremely high hash miners mine for a small period of time exploiting the fact that diff is slow to adjust. Then they go away leaving the poor people mining on high diff for a long time.

It remains to be seen if the dev team can add value to it somehow. It's not a certain event. I already have quite a few dead cryptonight coins in millions that never made it to an exchange.

I'm hoping they can make something of it, otherwise I just waste some electricity. But it's not like my cpu has anything else worth mining these days.

Truth be told,, I'd much rather see coins based on lyra2z or argon2d. They are closer to bitcoin clones (so easy for exchanges) and pure cpu too. Unfortunately, they are probably harder to clone too.
Cryptonight is almost too easy. With forknoted, all you need is a config file
It is not easy to do a CryptoCurrency by forknote, if you try to make, you will encounter several errors and give up in half, we compiled and created the blockchain by another method.

coins with cryptonight algorithm exist few compared to scrypt, x11, and there are some cryptonight coins listed in exchanges.

In addition to a good dev, a currency to grow needs a faithful audience and a specific roadmap, for creating a pre-mined currency at 5% or more just to dump after being listed in an exchange and then fading away, there are many of these, what we're trying to do is something different.
humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:20:51 PM

Shouldn't be better to use a non-anon coin to humanitarian causes?

I'd rather see where my donations go for example. These days when we donate to some cause, we never know where the money will end...
depends, the bureaucracy to receive money in large quantities in other countries are many, taxes, fees, do this through a decentralized network is very efficient, because often, a humanitarian aid can not wait, I believe it.
Nerf_herder

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:23:23 PM

Meh I'll pass on this. Good intentions perhaps but the dev seems like he is unfamiliar with the workings of his own coin.
humanitarycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:33:36 PM

Meh I'll pass on this. Good intentions perhaps but the dev seems like he is unfamiliar with the workings of his own coin.
every day we learn something new, impossible to start already knowing about everything, but do not worry, join us and I will do my best for this project grow more and more, I am professional in everything I do, I like it that way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: