Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:58:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info and SatoshiDice  (Read 673 times)
Korbman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:01:36 PM

Has anyone had trouble with transaction confirmations over Blockchain.info to SatoshiDice?
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I seem to be failing at searching for an answer this morning.

Last night while working on my Blockchain.info account I had (re)discovered the option to send bets to SD, so I figured I'd give it a go just for fun.
I sent BTC0.01 using the 10x option to the "Under 1" address, but only one of the transactions (the first one) is showing as having gone through. The other 9 transactions are still showing unconfirmed, even 12+ hours later. Network propagation started out fine (70%+), but then dropped to showing a propagation of just 2 nodes...but seems to jump every once and a while to 100+ nodes.

As a test this morning to see if it was just a fluke, I sent another 5x BTC0.01, but the results seem to be the same (except no transactions have gone through). I took a look at the logs for the SDice address and it shows the 5 transactions as being unconfirmed as well..but transactions from other addresses (both before and after mine) have confirmed just fine.

To top it off, now it seems my normal transactions (non-SD) are stuck in an 'unconfirmed' state  Undecided

Anybody seen this before?

piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:07:04 PM

There is over 2k unconfirmed transactions at the moment so it is likely your transactions are simply waiting behind other higher priority ones.

Please link your bitcoin address or specific transaction.

Korbman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:33:14 PM

There is over 2k unconfirmed transactions at the moment so it is likely your transactions are simply waiting behind other higher priority ones.

Ah, yeah I saw that as well.

Please link your bitcoin address or specific transaction.

Sure thing. 1qokD8RN9i7zZfD54VVFZyZJpHBwW6sKk

And I made a mistake before..this morning's transactions were to the 1.5% address, instead of the 0.0015% like last night.

piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:39:08 PM

There is a fairly long chain of unconfirmed transaction from that address and while most of them do include fees the root transaction (https://blockchain.info/tx-index/75347434/1) doesn't.

I have rebroadcasted it a few times manually and there should be no reason why it won't confirm but it is low priority so could take a while.

Korbman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:53:46 PM

There is a fairly long chain of unconfirmed transaction from that address and while most of them do include fees the root transaction (https://blockchain.info/tx-index/75347434/1) doesn't.

I actually had the "pay fees" setting set to 'Frugal' for a bit (since I didn't have that much in the account), but I switched it back to 'normal' this morning before sending the second batch of bets and my other non-SD transaction. I'm not sure it has helped so far, but I figured I'd wait and see.

I have rebroadcasted it a few times manually and there should be no reason why it won't confirm but it is low priority so could take a while.

Much appreciated, and there's no rush so low priority isn't a problem. I was just more concerned for the reasoning behind the unconfirmed status than anything else.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: