Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:32:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum for Android install problem  (Read 1360 times)
Sailing_Nut (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:53:16 PM

Hi,

I'm using Electrum on my desktop and really like it. I wanted to install the Android version but when I attempt to run the install python script I get an error.

SL4A reports that it cannot run the script and then reports "null" I'm assuming that an error should be reported when it shows null but that is all that I get.

TIA for all help!
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 05:14:13 PM

Hi,

I'm using Electrum on my desktop and really like it. I wanted to install the Android version but when I attempt to run the install python script I get an error.

SL4A reports that it cannot run the script and then reports "null" I'm assuming that an error should be reported when it shows null but that is all that I get.

TIA for all help!

There is a bug in the installation process since 1.7.3 AFAIK. I manually installed the latest version, without using the e4a_install.py script. But I cannot test it right now with the 1.7.4 release. Is that the version you are trying to install?

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
Sailing_Nut (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:40:11 PM

Yes, I'm trying to install the 1.7.4 client.

Can the client be manually installed without root access? (Never got around to rooting my current phone. Embarrassed) If yes, can you point me to instructions? I looked around the electrum.org site a bit and was unable to find any manual install process.

Thanks!
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 11:18:29 AM

http://electrum.org/android.html

1.7.3 is the latest version in that script

The 1.7.4 package need to be manually created (unless you want to wait for the official package to be release). I use an Android app to manually copy the files directly to the SD card on the phone from the PC.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
Sailing_Nut (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:13:25 PM

http://electrum.org/android.html

1.7.3 is the latest version in that script

The 1.7.4 package need to be manually created (unless you want to wait for the official package to be release). I use an Android app to manually copy the files directly to the SD card on the phone from the PC.

Been out of touch for a while and just got back to this. I'm trying to install the version that is referenced from the page you posted the link to. I assumed that it was 1.7.4 since I found the link on a 1.7.4 download page.  Embarrassed

So, my problem is with trying to install 1.7.3.

Sorry for the confusion!
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:53:23 AM

i scanned the QR on SL4A (3rd step), but the script does not show up on the list
rampantparanoia

Activity: 516
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 03:12:20 AM

i scanned the QR on SL4A (3rd step), but the script does not show up on the list

Menu -> Preferences -> Check Show All Files
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:19:22 AM

Menu -> Preferences -> Check Show All Files

Wow thanks it works. other than this the manual should also say to click on android python app and install, to really finish python installation. I thought python was installed after I installed it from the play store.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: