Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:24:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unexpected transaction  (Read 322 times)
Beerwizzard (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:25:22 AM

Hey guys!
I've just found out that I've recieved the unexpected transaction of 0.00001 BTC : https://blockchain.info/ru/tx/3f9482fb4fcd337cf0c6f2645d23b26c76afd762fe3c930389ca1624f19daa8c
Seems like someone sent a lot of satoshies to various different adresses. Is that a spam attack?
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:41:01 AM

my guess would be that this transaction is a payment of some sort that you forgot about. some kind of service (faucet, micorjob,...) that you signed up with your bitcoin address and forgot about.

i can't be sure about this being a spam. because the amounts are not the same. otherwise they would all be the same payment amount. and the fee is very large for this type of spam. 151.583 sat/B is not what they usually choose, specially now that 10 s/B is more than enough.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
tabrin

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:02:09 AM

my guess would be that this transaction is a payment of some sort that you forgot about. some kind of service (faucet, micorjob,...) that you signed up with your bitcoin address and forgot about.

i can't be sure about this being a spam. because the amounts are not the same. otherwise they would all be the same payment amount. and the fee is very large for this type of spam. 151.583 sat/B is not what they usually choose, specially now that 10 s/B is more than enough.

I agree, it's just forgotten money
entebah

Activity: 1566
Merit: 153

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:29:25 PM

Do not mind that, you get a paying faucet.
you have to find out where it came from. and now there is no faucet paying, you did it in a good year. maybe 3 years ago.

haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:47:23 AM

Think very well! Either you participated in a bounty on this thread that paid in btc, or you have some referral account laying somewhere which the platform automatically sent you your referral bonus (which I am guessing right now) ... Nevertheless, it is apparently not what you are thinking. No one will send you satoshis just to attempt to get into your wallet, as there is no possibility of that.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:53:55 AM

Even if its a spam I dont really think its going to harm you in anyway. No can eat your money just by sending a few satoshis to your address. Try to remember any faucet which you signed up for.
skhurram007

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

"People are birds unable to fly."

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:59:06 AM

It can be any of the following:

1- It can be a transaction by mistake. But I doubt that someone would have been sending this little amount considering the transaction charges. So I doubt that.

2- It can be bounty money of some sort but I least expect that because it should have been not long ago that you have performed the bounty activity.

3- It might have been some faucet service that you abandon long ago and it decided to clear all wallets by depositing to their owner BTC addresses.

4- It can be some referral service to some service like a faucet when a person or more decided to follow your link posted somewhere and the referral amount generated. It can be one time only or can be first of the continuous income as well; depending on your referral activities.

My 2 Satoshis...  Wink

skhurram007

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

"People are birds unable to fly."

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:01:42 AM

...you have to find out where it came from. and now there is no faucet paying, you did it in a good year. maybe 3 years ago.

I don't get that no one paying anymore. I still can see tons of them out there and one of my close friend just transferred last week; around 50K Satoshis he earned from a faucet (several weeks of hard work  Grin).

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3273

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:52:59 AM

During the Sochi Olympics, somebody sent satoshis to thousands of addresses. It happens periodically and I don't think anyone has figured out why.

But since different addresses in the transaction are getting different amounts, maybe it is a faucet paying off a bunch of accounts automatically.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:57:51 AM

During the Sochi Olympics, somebody sent satoshis to thousands of addresses. It happens periodically and I don't think anyone has figured out why.

But since different addresses in the transaction are getting different amounts, maybe it is a faucet paying off a bunch of accounts automatically.

This makes the most sense to me. OP probably signed up to a faucet a while ago and got some referrals and totally forgot about it. Always nice to get come free money. lol
Simss

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:03:57 AM

It can be any of the following:

1- It can be a transaction by mistake. But I doubt that someone would have been sending this little amount considering the transaction charges. So I doubt that.

2- It can be bounty money of some sort but I least expect that because it should have been not long ago that you have performed the bounty activity.

3- It might have been some faucet service that you abandon long ago and it decided to clear all wallets by depositing to their owner BTC addresses.

4- It can be some referral service to some service like a faucet when a person or more decided to follow your link posted somewhere and the referral amount generated. It can be one time only or can be first of the continuous income as well; depending on your referral activities.

My 2 Satoshis...  Wink
yes I agree with some of the possibilities you give, all of those things can happen. even not only you I also never get some satoshi repeatedly. and I hope that will continue to happen  Grin
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:06:03 AM

That's weird because even I got received an amount of 0.00001 btc in my wallet yesterday. I had a payment receiving on my address and just after I received the 0.00001 btc I got my payment. So it may also be a verification amount because many times my friend sends a small amount of coins to an address just to check whether it delivers at the right address or not. Its just a possibility and not necessarily that one would do.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███