Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:21:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ASIC STATUS 5/29  (Read 5520 times)
hexed (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:31:18 PM

29 May 2013 - ASIC Update

29 May 2013 - ASIC Update

Almost there... I'm attaching a picture of our test board. We've almost got the firmware finalized, as you can see, we've brought power usage down quite a bit. This is a 50 GH/s unit with unbinned chips (meaning the chips were randomly selected, so some of the chips have non-functional engines. What this means is the unit can perform faster if you use binned chips with known good engines).

I think the picture speaks for itself, and I apologize for the quality... just took a quick snap while we were working. However, you can see that our power usage is under 5w/GH/s. This should apply across all product lines. I plan on testing out the short boards tomorrow. We should be getting in many of the reworked short boards tomorrow as well as some long boards. Next week, we expect a much larger shipment of both long and short boards to arrive (possibly even this Saturday, but that's still up in the air.)

In any event, we should have the firmware finalized by tomorrow night or Friday at the latest and ready to go.

The picture included is of the 50GH miner mining at 52GH.  If anyone wants to post that pic feel free.
Reckman

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:32:17 PM

obviously this picture of the mining GUI should set everyone at ease
AnonBitcoinBuyer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:35:03 PM

Jesus.  I know 50GH/s is a lot, but I never ran the numbers before.  Does that really mean Avalon owners are pulling in $10k/month at current conditions?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:39:39 PM

Click for larger images.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:43:14 PM

Jesus.  I know 50GH/s is a lot, but I never ran the numbers before.  Does that really mean Avalon owners are pulling in $10k/month at current conditions?
I heard it was 20K for Feb/March
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:44:52 PM

Click for larger images.

This should calm a few people down. It may not be happening as and when they wanted, but it's headway at least...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:48:04 PM

Now they only need to ship in quantity...

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:52:38 PM

Now they only need to ship in quantity...
Right. They've put such an emphasis on quality>quantity, but some of us just want the damn 60GH/s!

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:03:15 PM

since this is the prototype of a 50gigahash I'd say just give it at least another 2-12 months.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:23:53 PM

since this is the prototype of a 50gigahash I'd say just give it at least another 2-12 months.
I think that if they had the money (and chips in quantity, that should not be far from the truth), the should theoretically be able to ship every order in a short tf, like, 1 month.
They should simply outsource everything, from the pcb to the case/packaging...

However, i think that since that they lack liquidity, they will do it in house and as slow as possible.

Why don't they start selling batches of their chips as well? That could have a fixed delivery time...

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:27:23 PM

Why is there never time/effort to upload a quality pic of their progress? All they can manage is a washed out screen, off center shot with a Kill-a-watt meter in the background that may or may not be plugged into their ASIC unit?
Anytime I see a crappy picture that is supposed to relate how awesome/perfect/sell-able and item is, I get the heeby-jeebies. I've got no stake in the whole BFL game, but it is readily apparent to me how bad they are.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:28:53 PM

I think that if they had the money (and chips in quantity, that should not be far from the truth), the should theoretically be able to ship every order in a short tf, like, 1 month.

However, i think that since that they lack liquidity, they will do it in house and as slow as possible.

Why don't they start selling batches of their chips as well? That could have a fixed delivery time...

Liquidity problems?! That one rig has scored them over $8k the past 30 days, it says so on the screen. That's their rent paid for at the very least!

PeZ

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:31:22 PM

Projected earnings without any difficulty increase.
Tamerz

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:33:17 PM

76C with the case completely open seems rather high. Although I have no idea what type of heat is normal for them.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:33:27 PM

Projected earnings without any difficulty increase.

Don't think so. I think the GUI displays cumulative earnings. Besides, it's not as if they have much current competition or the hash rate has started it's real climb, they hold most of the projected hashrate in pre-orders!

TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:33:29 PM

Liquidity problems?! That one rig has scored them over $8k the past 30 days, it says so on the screen. That's their rent paid for at the very least!

$8k is a drop in the bucket when you start figuring 30+ employees, wafers, PCB, PSU, marketing etc. I bet BFL is burning over $500k a month easily.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:34:27 PM

$8k is a drop in the bucket when you start figuring 30+ employees, wafers, PCB, PSU, marketing etc. I bet BFL is burning over $500k a month easily.

How much is it mining though? You know, just in prototype rigs Roll Eyes

bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:43:35 PM

Did they redesign the board? The fan headers in the most recent pic look to be different. The second fan appears to be plugged in somewhere else. Maybe I'm not seeing it right.
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:50:58 PM

You know.. their hardware looks pretty nice. Whereas the Avalon and ASICMINER boards look slapped together*, these things have some appeal to them. Now if only they could get them out the door at an acceptable pace.

*- love my Block Eruptor but hot damn is it ugly.
KGambler

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:24:07 PM

So last week's status update was all lies then?   Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: