Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:13:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ASIC STATUS 5/29  (Read 5520 times)
Caesium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:25:10 PM

(if you don't take into account the AM blades, that are heavly overpriced).

People keep saying this, but the prices were set by us, the free market.

They're clearly selling at the advertised price, and something is only worth what someone will pay for it. So how are they overpriced?

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:27:29 PM

crazy temps I see Cheesy this board die very soon

Since when is 76C crazy?

I run my GPU's at that all the time mining for years.
I'm sure AMD/Nvidia use a higher quality process.
Proof?

I used to work for NVIDIA. Believe me, they do.
ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:32:20 PM

The way AM is selling blades is something that makes sense - selling with a price a blade would earn (maybe) in a year.
BFL or KNCMiner model is something I don't understand.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:38:53 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 10:47:42 PM by Bitcoinorama

The way AM is selling blades is something that makes sense - selling with a price a blade would earn (maybe) in a year.
BFL or KNCMiner model is something I don't understand.

I do. The idea is to distribute the network fairly amongst those willing to adopt the concept before one entity becomes so powerful it can claim ownership of the network.

Selling the price a blade would earn in year, when it is most likely obsolete is akin to lending BFL monies for a year to be given a product that is most likely obsolete. People in this forum seem to like this method when the chips themselves cost significant NRE, followed by pennies to a handful of dollars each, but then I can see why ASiC miner and Avalon welcome 5000% profit. Few industries will give companies such obscene profits and give you that time wastage and minimal returns...oh wait the current banking system.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:42:15 PM

I find this situation fascinating from a psychological perspective.

If someone repeatedly lies to you, why would you suddenly think that lie #19, lie #23, or lie #58 might actually be true? What makes you think that this time they are telling the truth, as opposed to the previous 30 or 40 or 50 lies?

This company has proven that they can not be considered honest and trustworthy. At least to anyone who has done more than 30 minutes of research on the forums here.

Fascinating situation...

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
chanson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:50:59 PM

Since when is 76C crazy?

Proof?

I used to work for NVIDIA. Believe me, they do.

ITT fired janitor knows best.
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:54:33 PM

You know.. their hardware looks pretty nice. Whereas the Avalon and ASICMINER boards look slapped together*, these things have some appeal to them. Now if only they could get them out the door at an acceptable pace.

*- love my Block Eruptor but hot damn is it ugly.

Fortunately, ugly pays the bills.  Pretty stays poor forever.
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:58:04 PM

Since when is 76C crazy?

Its not gpu and that is a open case. I guess what's a case closed.w

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:00:13 PM

Since when is 76C crazy?

Proof?

Seriously? BFL does not even know what QA stands for! Their track record of failures speaks for itself.

You really wanna compare AMD and Nvidia with them BFL cowboys?

I don't know how you're coming to your conclusions regarding their QA standards. I think it's a fair assessment to say that their CS pretty well sucks balls, but the big complaint that I hear from most people is that they are spending too much time on QA, and delaying shipment as a result.

Just because a company is lacking in the Customer Service department doesn't say anything negative about their quality assurance. And conversely, having great customer service does not say anything positive about quality assurance. I never heard anything about any serious QA issues with their FPGA miners. In fact, pretty much everything I've seen was that they were a great product. Which refutes your assertion that their QA sucks (or that they're ignorant of it altogether).

Hate BFL as much as you want. But making statements about their QA standards, without a shred of evidence, is talking out your ass. Then again, talking out your ass seems to be one of the key tenets of the He Man BFL Haters Club...  Roll Eyes

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
hexed (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:03:31 PM

If someone repeatedly lies to you, why would you suddenly think that lie #19, lie #23, or lie #58 might actually be true? What makes you think that this time they are telling the truth, as opposed to the previous 30 or 40 or 50 lies?

This company has proven that they can not be considered honest and trustworthy. At least to anyone who has done more than 30 minutes of research on the forums here.

Fascinating situation...

Broken analog watches tell the correct time twice a day.

Both of these comments are comparing apples to oranges..

This situation is more like "When your meth addicted friends tells you on a monthly basis that he "is clean now" and "I'm never going to touch that stuff again".  It may be true at the time... and it may be his/her intention.  But after the 4th, 5th, 20th time they do it, you just nod your head and say "Good for you" all the while not really believing that this will be the reality.  

..The people who did not order BFL, or cancelled their orders are the people who don't really have a relationship with that person, and say in a very blunt way "whatever, you'll fall off the wagon soon enough", and even at times would rather see them fail so they won't have to deal with seeing them later on.  The people who do have orders with BFL are like the friends or family of that person.  They don't really believe it will happen, or believe in the timing, but only hope that one day what they say comes true.

I personally think the company doesn't really plan for the setbacks, and when given an expectation by a vendor (say 1-2 weeks), they tell their customer base "1 WEEK!".  By now it is at the 7-8 month mark, but they are still going.  The way I figure it is, if the company was a true scam, they would have taken the money already and moved on to a new scam.  This is beyond the meaning of "long con".  The only thing that will tell is time.  I could see a possibility that they take too long, and only a handful of people getting these devices while they are still profitable.  That would be my personal opinion of a "worst case scenario".  At that point either they can get back several returns until they file bankruptcy, and at that point, everyone looses their money that still have not received their product.  Best case scenario is within the next 2 weeks they get anywhere CLOSE to shipping out to their reported amount of 400 per day.  I have this sneaking suspicion that the reality will probably somewhere in between.
hexed (OP)

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:07:41 PM

You know.. their hardware looks pretty nice. Whereas the Avalon and ASICMINER boards look slapped together*, these things have some appeal to them. Now if only they could get them out the door at an acceptable pace.

EXACTLY.  I would put a V12 in a room in my house and feed it gas daily if it mined enough.  Oil leaks, exhaust and all.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:08:58 PM

EXACTLY.  I would put a V12 in a room in my house and feed it gas daily if it mined enough.  Oil leaks, exhaust and all.

And the carbon monoxide?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:14:30 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 11:28:29 PM by erk

Easyminer  photo at 52GH/s showing 58C temp with case on.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/attachments/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1207d1369940031t-may-29-2013-asic-update-discussion-thread-butterfly-labs-shows-their-asic-minner-bitcoin-2013.mp4.jpg

troner

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 09:20:27 PM

I got my refund and I feel soooooo good  Cool
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:30:18 PM

If one miner is earning BFL $8k/month, why would they sell it, for $2500?
LOL Oh man I can't believe people sometimes. BFL is priced too low, so they must be mining to compensate. ASICMiner is priced too high, but they are blatantly mining on the hardware before they sell it (currently at what, 30TH/s?).

Love it.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:41:53 PM

LOL Oh man I can't believe people sometimes. BFL is priced too low, so they must be mining to compensate. ASICMiner is priced too high, but they are blatantly mining on the hardware before they sell it (currently at what, 30TH/s?).

Love it.
When people want to smear something, they will twist any feature or point to the negative even if it means becoming obviously hypocritical. Just watch politicians during an election campaign, all ethics goes out the window.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:52:31 PM

Since when is 76C crazy?

Proof?

Seriously? BFL does not even know what QA stands for! Their track record of failures speaks for itself.

Erk got owned  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:14:47 PM

Love it.
When people want to support something, they will twist any feature or point to the positive even if it means becoming obviously idiotic. Just watch politicians during an election campaign, all ethics goes out the window.

FTFY.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
KGambler

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:26:42 AM

Fascinating situation...

Broken analog watches tell the correct time twice a day.

Both of these comments are comparing apples to oranges..

This situation is more like "When your meth addicted friends tells you on a monthly basis that he "is clean now" and "I'm never going to touch that stuff again".  It may be true at the time... and it may be his/her intention.  But after the 4th, 5th, 20th time they do it, you just nod your head and say "Good for you" all the while not really believing that this will be the reality.  

..The people who did not order BFL, or cancelled their orders are the people who don't really have a relationship with that person, and say in a very blunt way "whatever, you'll fall off the wagon soon enough", and even at times would rather see them fail so they won't have to deal with seeing them later on.  The people who do have orders with BFL are like the friends or family of that person.  They don't really believe it will happen, or believe in the timing, but only hope that one day what they say comes true.

I personally think the company doesn't really plan for the setbacks, and when given an expectation by a vendor (say 1-2 weeks), they tell their customer base "1 WEEK!".  By now it is at the 7-8 month mark, but they are still going.  The way I figure it is, if the company was a true scam, they would have taken the money already and moved on to a new scam.  This is beyond the meaning of "long con".  The only thing that will tell is time.  I could see a possibility that they take too long, and only a handful of people getting these devices while they are still profitable.  That would be my personal opinion of a "worst case scenario".  At that point either they can get back several returns until they file bankruptcy, and at that point, everyone looses their money that still have not received their product.  Best case scenario is within the next 2 weeks they get anywhere CLOSE to shipping out to their reported amount of 400 per day.  I have this sneaking suspicion that the reality will probably somewhere in between.

It could be a more advanced long con.  Their CEO or whatever is a convicted con man, and spent time in prison for fraud.  It's possible that he has learned from his mistakes, meaning he is now a "better" con artist.  The "best" con men tend not to go to jail because they operate inside the law as much as possible.

Here's an example...  Let's say Sonny is drawing a huge salary and one day BFL announces that their venture has failed and that they are declaring bankruptcy.  It's clear where the money went - right into Sonny's bank account.  What did he do illegal?  Will they be able to put him in jail?  
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:27:57 AM

Since when is 76C crazy?

Proof?

Thats like comparing a multi-billion dollar...NASA engineered hardware with something some guy made in his garage with duct tape. If the wind blows, it will fall over immediately and explode.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: