Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:41:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $100 of bitcoin in 2010 is worth $75 million today  (Read 2274 times)
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:54:11 PM

Yes, bitcoin's potential was very big that time but only few people believed. Bitcoin is still a great investment today but not as great as it was years before. There are other coin's that could follow the line that bitcoin made, I believe in the potential of those, that like bitcoin its price would jump at an unpredictable rate.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16832

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 01:56:33 PM

For example it is indeed true that:
100$ invested in  2010 would give you back 75 millions now, but
100$ invested in  2013 (december) and you will "only" have 350$ now.
It's very easy to pick the right investment when you're looking back. Therein lies a big risk: people tend to easily assume it will continue, the recent altcoin bubble is a nice example of people jumping on the train because of FOMO (fear of missing out).
Common sense dictates anything that increases 10% per day in value can't last.

kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:04:35 PM

There's no question that it's been a good investment, particularly if you bought at the right time.

It's more important when you sold. How many of these people do you think have held on their coins till now? And how many knew about Bitcoin in 2010? Some nerdy computer guys fucking around with their hardware and figuring out stuff on their own that's how many lol. Plus it's very easy to draw conclusions after the fact lol.
I think there are very few people who can keep Bitcoin at this time because they tend to sell when they make a profit and buy when it's cheap. If anyone buys BTC in 2010 and keeps 2017 then surely they are enjoying their life without doing anything.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:14:59 PM

Yes I do agree but when would be the right time? I think as long as you have the capital for investment, anytime would be the right time to make a good investment. If today you will invest $100 worth of Bitcoin then for sure after 7 years it will be worth more than that.
ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:17:26 PM

So we aren't too late even now, you still have chances to become future millionaire. The buying opportunity will last few years because Bitcoin is now like Internet in 1991.
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 02:18:10 PM

Yeah, I missed the bitcoin thing back then. If only I have a decent access to the internet back then. Well, there are lots of altcoins in existence now so better choose your coin carefully as to which can skyrocket in a few months or years.

UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:18:53 PM

Yes exactly, if you really believe and invested 2 when the time it was started then you are lucky enough now if you still holding it, because surely it will make you millionare now. How unlucky I was, because I was not able to know bitcoin on its first year.
farhaan

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:21:46 PM

In today's world,bitcoin is definitely an unmatchable investment.I bought my first bitcoin last year when its price was just $650.Today,its price is almost $3,704.It is a decentralized currency not backed by any country,but still it has gained trust of people all over the world.But sad thing is that some people become victims of FUD spread voluntarily by big whales to create panic among investors.Recently,we saw JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon commented bitcoin as a fraud which resulted in a fall of bitcoin price.Bitcoin has already crossed eight years successfully and the sad thing is that we still rely on such person's tweets for evaluating bitcoin's potential.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
gabber007

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:25:34 PM

thanks gosh I have invested in BTC when it costed $590  Cool
AdamCooper

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:45:29 PM

I need a hot tub time machine.

Everyday I'm HODLing.
JCB44

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:55:20 PM

$100 to 75Mil, fantastic growth indeed, almost xmillion times. Was there any similar assets in history which grew at same rate?
BTC price was around 4-5$ when i`ve heard about it for first time, but i havent bought any at that time because a lot of guys been saying,
that btc is ponzi, not backed by anything etc etc.
Really regret that i`ve listened to that damn FUD.
tigaasayosa

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:23:47 PM

There's no question that it's been a good investment, particularly if you bought at the right time.

if someone really hold ther bitcoin from the start :3 but you know maybe they sold it when they double their money or maybe just make small profit  Roll Eyes
but yeah right now is not to late to start buying bitcoin and made it as investment
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:32:56 PM

Indeed, bitcoin has grown a lot in these past seven years and stayed strong after those hard times and those who bought bitcoin in 2010 and still holding today well congratulations you are now a millionaires.  We can be still be like them just keep holding those bitcoins and don't sell it (if you are a smart investor) and don't listen to DIMON
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:54:00 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2017, 04:16:42 PM by Ucy

Wow, Wonderful!  I believe then not so many people trust  Bitcoin to invest for long-term. Only the risk takers went for it & are currently enjoying the benefits..
10—15yrs from now we would tell our story too if we are as patient and disciplined.

Just wish there are services that could be used to lockup ones Bitcoin on long-term fixed deposit till 10—15yrs. It's hard sometimes to stick to plan
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1553

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:06:20 PM

$100 to 75Mil, fantastic growth indeed, almost xmillion times. Was there any similar assets in history which grew at same rate?
BTC price was around 4-5$ when i`ve heard about it for first time, but i havent bought any at that time because a lot of guys been saying,
that btc is ponzi, not backed by anything etc etc.
Really regret that i`ve listened to that damn FUD.

I don’t know if there was a similar asset, it would be interesting of someone can enlighten us. I am sure, though, that if it keeps growing and hits what some people have predicted, like 100.000$, 1.000.000$ or more, it will be for sure the most profitable asset in History. That’s also why some people are skeptical and think it is just a bubble but the fact that there hasn’t been an asset like that without being a bubble doesn’t mean that this can’t be the first one.

mistanama

Activity: 327

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:29:05 PM

That's right. But is there anyone capable of holding their purchased bitcoins in 2010? Because if there is anymore, they can not open their wallets or have forgotten it. Bitcoins are really good investment because of the huge size it raised in the past. And we can not deny that many people are rich here. Well it's not too late because bitcoin is still increasing than you expect chance. So continue your beginning so you'll find the answer to all your questions. Why you have a hard time making money
Wandika

Activity: 508

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:42:12 PM

That's right. But is there anyone capable of holding their purchased bitcoins in 2010? Because if there is anymore, they can not open their wallets or have forgotten it. Bitcoins are really good investment because of the huge size it raised in the past. And we can not deny that many people are rich here. Well it's not too late because bitcoin is still increasing than you expect chance. So continue your beginning so you'll find the answer to all your questions. Why you have a hard time making money
I don't think anyone will left their btc on such amount in their wallet for the long time. We know by that time btc seema to have no future for it's slow adoption at those times,so when we decide to left btc,we for sure pull out our btc too.

btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:45:10 PM

If people want take the risk , there is only 2 chance, win or loss !
For what I think is bitcoin become unique especially when it can be use for transaction or investation , that's what people always looking for because bitcoin provide cheaper fee rather than fiat
aplistir

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:47:00 PM

Where did you get your numbers?

I remember, that in the summer of 2010, 30$ bought almost 20000 BTC,
and 100$ would have bought 60000BTC:s, which would be about 240.000.000$ today

Maybe your numbers are from the end of 2010?

My Address: 121f7zb2U4g9iM4MiJTDhEzqeZGHzq5wLh
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:16:57 PM

Ofcourse that $100 would be in millions (maybe like $4m). (Your math may be off.)

Bitcoin is the ultimate store of value asset which cannot be controlled by any government.
It's value will always be higher than the period 5 years before. Always, simply because of the world's broken fiat system:

Efforts by any country's central bank or government to regulate bitcoin (ie make illegal or legalizing) will accelerate that country's demise of fiat value. These costs of such attempts and many other costs are absorbed by monetary inflation - making fiat even more worthless over time. Fiat system has been broken for decades. Bitcoin however had reached escape velocity globally 4-years ago in 2013 thus will continue to rise & be adopted as it is the only escape from financial slavery and an opt-out of war-making, slave-labor producing central bank regimes.

Fiat around the world is heavily infested and broken from the burdens of:
-regulatory burden on fiat banks & system (incredibly costly)
-insurance fraud
-unemployment & other welfare costs
-inflating fiat to keep stock market rising and to keep house-prices from collapsing
-frivolous legal costs (lawsuits bogging the system down)
-financing conflicts, bombs, and "aid"
-keeping monopolies with internet access centralized and search engine crawlers centralized
-money laundering
-false claims (outside of insurance)
-chargebacks
-state-sponsored corruption and unofficial corruption (governments and gangs, banks and conartists)
-retirement obligations (debasement in value to keep up with payments from government or other retirement-obligations)
-fake credit (goods being transacted with credit-loss, replaced by inflation of monetary base rather than bringing perpetrators & source to justice)
-costs of auditors and budgetors and accountants to governments and businesses

Bitcoin, systemically, is free from these burdens.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: