Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:14:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Regulations  (Read 276 times)
tehuantepecer (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:51:34 PM

Anyone have any information + specific links as to why ICOs nowadays tend to avoid being open to citizens of Singapore?
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:08:47 PM

You can expect countries to follow suite with USA did and disallow their citizens from participating in ICOs but I did not see it coming from Singapore. I do not have any details about any of the ongoings about this issue but if you still wish to participate in ICOs as a resident of a country that banned participation, use a VPN which does not store logs and everything should still be fine.
europesss

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:18:06 PM

Anyone have any information + specific links as to why ICOs nowadays tend to avoid being open to citizens of Singapore?
You can check the central bank's announcement , maybe they publish some rules to ban ico like China . I am not a Singaporean, so I can't help you check.
Yhotolu

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:31:40 PM

I heard that there banned ICO.
tehuantepecer (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:02:30 AM

I heard that there banned ICO.

Any sources?
ngefek berat

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:12:27 AM

I think actually bitcoin is very difficult to be accepted by the country itself so that the public must run the program ico closed to anticipate the pros and cons in the country that will lead to division.
Zenixin

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

MR06Q8ZM3194

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:15:02 AM

Singapore is very open for cryptocurrency that's why many ICO choose to establish their HQ there.  I don't here any news regarding ICO ban on singapore. USA are very eager to kill all the threts to their economy.

⌂ the SUITE | THE NEW GENERATION OF LOYALTY PROGRAM
Visit : www.fidelitysuite.com
Dullmartini

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:28:37 AM

Here's your official statement link from the regulator, the Monetary Authority of Singapore: http://www.mas.gov.sg/News-and-Publications/Media-Releases/2017/MAS-clarifies-regulatory-position-on-the-offer-of-digital-tokens-in-Singapore.aspx

Basically, the regulator says that tokens that are securities are regulated like securities and the issuer has to file a prospectus and comply with securities laws. As such it seems that singapore has taken the same stance as the USA.

It also said that some tokens (that are currency and not securities) are not regulated.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: