Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:49:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon gonna accept BTC??  (Read 2486 times)
MBW_2

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:40:17 AM

According to a newsletter from The James Altucher Report, Amazon will soon begin accepting Bitcoin, which they will officially announce as early as October 26th during their earnings conference call.
Source: https://squawker.org/technology/breaking-amazon-will-accept-bitcoin-by-october/

How Reliable is the Source?

James Altucher has (co)founded more than 20 companies, authored 11 books, and has been a contributor to several major publications.
christsstrong

Activity: 81

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:42:54 AM

One day it may be possible. But at the moment I don't think so. But I know sites like fiver and namecheap accepts bitcoin.
AndriyPilipyak

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:53:30 AM

better of all wait and check what will  happened-in any case what we do)

haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:57:59 AM

Even if Amazon is going to be accepting bitcoin, is it James Altucher report we are going to rely on as an authentic news? The CEO of Amazon never came out to mention they are going to be doing that anytime soon and even if they have the mind of doing so, what we still have now is just basic speculation. The only last thing I heard was change.org sending a petition to Amazon CEO to consider including Bitcoin and Litecoin as means of payment for users which since then, there has been no word about any development regarding that.
coinjack1337

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:01:18 AM

I heard of a petition that wants amazon to accept btc & ltc. Have no source but it would be legit!
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:02:08 AM

One day it may be possible. But at the moment I don't think so. But I know sites like fiver and namecheap accepts bitcoin.
It can be very possible bruv! That is if they want to. Moreover! What makes you think it is impossible? Purse.io for some years now have been able to integrate amazon cart into their platform to enable users buy goods using bitcoin although it is somehow related to P2P process with someone with a gift card helping with the purchase. However, there are so many ways amazon can integrate this directly to enable sellers use it as an option for payment method if they wish.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:29:47 AM

Hoping that this news were true so that crypto and bitcoin users like us would have more convenience or options to use BTC. Although personally, I'd rather not use or spend my BTC in on a regular basis or for things found on amazon but it may be useful if you don't own a credit card or happen to be short in cash at the moment. This would also increase the popularity of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency as the people who use amazon would probably get curious and interested upon hearing about it or seeing it. This would diversify the world of online payments.

owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:32:23 AM

Well if that's true, that is a good idea, very easy and convinient for us having a bitcoin. But also please put some discounts on a delivery outside the country  Grin
sosobtc-Regina

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:40:24 AM

if they have official announcement, that would be true.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:40:28 AM

I heard of a petition that wants amazon to accept btc & ltc. Have no source but it would be legit!

it is true, there have been a rather popular petition to get Amazon to accept bitcoin and litecoin but a petition is just a petition it doesn't mean they are accepting it. it takes time and more petition for a big business like Amazon to allow bitcoin on their site but i do really believe that they will accept bitcoin sooner than you think. there is enough demand for it anyways.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:45:40 AM

I really look forward in using my bitcoins on Amazon. Also this would help us it will open the way to other onlines stores.. I like a copy/paste practice. When one does it, the rest follow.
Zrs

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:52:19 AM

if amazon accept bitcoin,this will be awesome for bitcoin holders and miners. but we had better wait for the official announcement from amazon.we hope thar by October, they may announce their official information about bitcoin.
gyu22

Activity: 127

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:17:21 AM

We have to wait until Amazon confirms, but anyway sooner o later Amazon or other internet relatailer will accept BTC. When they do it it will be good por BTC, as it will be more popular. Many BTC holders will use it because buying direct withour any third party has advantages: more fast, secure, no fees for intermediaries and easy.

pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:28:55 AM

Is it real? Also heard alibaba also planning the same
No i don't think it is real even, although i hope it is real too but the op does not give any detail the source of information about it, there is no link of website on there. It will be real until there is official announcement from Amazon website,  if you want buy something on Amazon use bitcoin, all of us can use purse.io to find the products and pay them use bitcoin, you will get discount too purchase of products use bitcoin on purse.io . Good luck
btcconvertor

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:32:33 AM

its already been debunked
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:37:14 AM

Rumors and fake news will always exist. Dont believe anything unless amazon says so. Also imagine the impact it would have on the bitcoin price if it was really the case? Amazon would not be able to sell anything for less than 0.000001 bitcoin
JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:48:37 AM

Is it true as I have started earning in bitcoins now so would like to shop a lot

May be it is a roumer

As site like Amazon which is earning so much with the local currency wont take risk with bitcoins

As bitcoins are not popular with the poor people who also have started shopping in Amazon

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
nankers

Activity: 634
Merit: 118

Bounty Hunter Indonesia

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:52:14 AM

Nope, it's all bullshit, don't believe Amazon will accept anything until they say it themselves.
yes before any information officially this will only look like a hoax. many statements say that, but surely we will trust when there is information officially. but I am sure that we are just waiting until the time amazon can accept bitcoin as payment media in amazon website.
yup,im agree with this opinion...cause as we know amazon is one of the buying and selling sites that use digital finance that has been famous.And also there has been no official confirmation directly from amazon party about it. But I think it would be very good if amazon receive bitcoin as one of the payment of buying and selling within the site

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:53:32 AM

Rumors and fake news will always exist. Dont believe anything unless amazon says so. Also imagine the impact it would have on the bitcoin price if it was really the case? Amazon would not be able to sell anything for less than 0.000001 bitcoin

I'm pretty sure it's fake news. The original article is basically one person's speculation. If they did accept Bitcoin, I'm sure they would need to do it through a payment processor like Bitpay. And I'm not sure that Bitpay (or the network itself) could handle the potential scale that Amazon might bring at this point. With the Lightning Network, maybe, but not right now. I've never even heard of the website that the rumor was posted on... I'd take it with a big grain of salt.

Westinhome

Activity: 1624
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 08:26:32 AM

I did not hear amazon will accepted bitcoin as payment, And i think it is a rumors in the other people or ads coming up form the social media. Must better to ask about that and be secure to your bitcoin as always.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: