Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:46:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Mt. Gox user accounts will have to be verified." (or use Bitcoin)  (Read 2325 times)
Frozenlock (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:00:37 PM

Statement Regarding Account Verifications

The Bitcoin market continues to evolve, as do regulations and conditions of compliance for Mt. Gox to continue bringing secure services to our customers. It our responsibility to provide a trusted and legal exchange, and that includes making sure that we are operating within strict anti-money laundering rules and preventing other malicious activity.

As a result, beginning May 30th, 2013 all Mt. Gox user accounts are required to be verified in order to perform any currency deposits and withdrawals. Bitcoin deposits do not need verification, and at this time we are not requiring verification for Bitcoin withdrawals.

In the past two months Mt. Gox has invested in more than doubling our verification support staff, and we are currently able to process most verifications within 24~48 hours.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please visit the Security Center in your Mt. Gox account if you are not already verified, and keep in mind that being careful to submit the proper documents will result in a much faster processing time.

Regards
Mt.Gox Co. Ltd Team.

https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130530.html

Just a little buy pressure.  Tongue
Frozenlock (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:03:30 PM

Uh? What's with the
(Forum warning: Possible phishing link!)
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:04:21 PM

Uh? What's with the

It's been put on every link as of today.  Nothing particular to yours, from my experience so far!
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 06:05:41 PM

I thought the verification process has been standard for a long time.

I had to go through it last summer to pull some money out.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 06:06:19 PM

Uh? What's with the

I clicked on that link and got hacked.

Thanks a lot dude.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Frozenlock (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:15:52 PM

Uh? What's with the

It's been put on every link as of today.  Nothing particular to yours, from my experience so far!

Yes, but I was wondering why?

Every link is always a possible phishing link...  Undecided
wonkytonky

Activity: 411

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:28:41 PM

it will help to give trust to bigger traders.
it will help to give trust to governments
it will help with more decentralisation for the one's who feel not to trade in  public

moar value to bitcoin..  

all is happy.

Whatever. And no you haven’t been in bitcoin since 2010. Plus if you really feel the way you do. Then sell. Have conviction. If not keep pounding sand.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 06:37:35 PM

Uh? What's with the

Yes, but I was wondering why?

Every link is always a possible phishing link...  Undecided

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220395.0;topicseen

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:47:16 PM

I've been verified for a while so I don't recall the exact amount but you were able to deposit and withdraw small sums without previously being verified.  It appears now you will need to be verified to do any deposits or withdrawals.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:54:16 PM

I've been verified for a while so I don't recall the exact amount but you were able to deposit and withdraw small sums without previously being verified.  It appears now you will need to be verified to do any deposits or withdrawals.

Verification was mandatory to use the Dwolla deposit option for at least the past year, not sure about the other methods.
ThatDGuy

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:59:30 PM

Verification was mandatory to use the Dwolla deposit option for at least the past year, not sure about the other methods.

I was able to use BitInstant to move money in before being verified prior to this.
abednego

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 09:03:49 PM

I really do not see the events of this month being bullish for Bitcoin unfortunately.  Fundamentally... if BTC cannot enter the economy then the price stagnates at best... decreases at worst.

I have been blogging about my technical analysis of Bitcoin but I have made a decision today to start cashing out through the remaining exchanges to limit my worst case risk.
http://www.adventcarraig.com/2013/05/30/bitcoin-concerns/
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:22:19 PM

Has anyone gone from a verified to a trusted account where you have to get an "apostille" (whatever that means)?

Is it hard? Did you have to go to your secretary of state or could you do it at a bank (in the US)?

The verified withdrawal limit of $10k per month and $1k per day is very low!

ThatDGuy

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:39:35 PM

"Verified Status (Level 1)

Maximum monthly withdrawal of 50,000 USD (or equivalent) capped to a maximum of 10,000 USD per 24 hrs and a 1,000 BTC withdrawal per 24 hrs without any monthly limit."

I would think Verified status covers the vast majority of BTC users right now adequately.
mgio

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:47:24 PM

Maximum monthly withdrawal of 50,000 USD (or equivalent) capped to a maximum of 10,000 USD per 24 hrs and a 1,000 BTC withdrawal per 24 hrs without any monthly limit."

I would think Verified status covers the vast majority of BTC users right now adequately.

Is that correct???

Because when I log in and go to "Withdaw", I see "USD : You can still withdraw up to $1,000.00000 provided you have enough on your account (your limit is $1,000.00000 per 24 hours and $10,000.00000 per 30 days)"

and I have a verified account.
Phil21

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:53:45 PM

Is that correct???

Because when I log in and go to "Withdaw", I see "USD : You can still withdraw up to $1,000.00000 provided you have enough on your account (your limit is $1,000.00000 per 24 hours and $10,000.00000 per 30 days)"

You have to request it be raised (with a max of $5k/day and $50k/30d iirc)
mgio

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:56:35 PM

Is that correct???

You have to request it be raised (with a max of $5k/day and $50k/30d iirc)

ok great, I will do that. Still kind of low, but much better than it was before!
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:59:58 PM

Has anyone gone from a verified to a trusted account where you have to get an "apostille" (whatever that means)?

Is it hard? Did you have to go to your secretary of state or could you do it at a bank (in the US)?

I can withdraw $10K per day and $50K per month. WAY more then I could ever imagine needing (I'm not a crypto-millionare) but I wouldn't be surprised if they capped this somewhere down the line. Seems like a lot to be able to withdraw.

Is that correct???

You have a lower level verified account. The next level up gives you 10K per day and 50K per month.

more or less retired.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 11:24:41 PM

You have to get documents apostilled, in my state there's only two places in the state that do it (I had to drive a couple hours, wait in line, and pay for the apostille itself).

Then you have to send a bunch of documents to japan, wait some time for it all to be processed, etc...

So its not exactly hard...a bit time consuming and slightly costly - yeah.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 12:13:09 AM

(I had to drive a couple hours, wait in line, and pay for the apostille itself).

Jesus walked for many years before finding his first apostille.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: