Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:41:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrop  (Read 1207 times)
swoolzze

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:39:26 AM

Just want to add insight, why some people do airdrop, and what are the advantages of people who do airdrop?

People do some airdrop to gain some free money for easy steps/tasks. The advantages of people who do the airdrop is to gaining profit, some of them is filling up the requirements that is required for joining the airdrop.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:56:53 AM

Just want to add insight, why some people do airdrop, and what are the advantages of people who do airdrop?
It's an introduction for their product or project. Who don't want to have free money? But before you gets your stake on that airdrop. They required you to do some tasks. Maybe wear signature for weeks, tweet, or follow their page or slack sign up etc. For me, there's no difference between airdrops and bounties. Bounties are giving you tasks in able to get the stake and so as airdrops. I see some airdrops here. So far, i don't see an airdrops which is successful as deeponion. But it just dumped after.
Deeponion is a good project though. TOR system which you can't be trace. Total anonymity.
sTakkato

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:32:40 AM

ICOs have been very popular. However, ICO is heavily developer favored program.
Let's say they produced 10000 coins and each worth $100, and sold 9500 coins to the public durin ICO and kept 500 coins for dev themselves.
The dev raises $900,000 initially, and left with $50,000 worth of coins for themselves.
Ideally, the dev continues the development of their coin or services to increase the value of their coins.
However, to raise more money, it is way much easier for them to run away, and start another ICO project, than continuing their development works.
This is the reason why ICOs are heavily developer favored, and very risky for the investors.

Now, let's talk about airdrops. Airdrops are investors favored, since they don't cost the investor anything for the most part.
Because the developers do not gain any money in the beginning, they are required to put effort on development, in order to increase the value of coin to earn money.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:01:42 AM

Instant community, maybe a more fair way of distributing as you don't need lot's of hash power.
AschPlatform

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:17:37 AM

I think airdrop costs nothing for people who receive it, and is the best advertisement of their project which will bring much reputation.
BTW, if you are interested in XAS, you can pay attention to the CCTmie coin airdrop.
CCTime will airdrop, you can get more information here: http://docs.asch.mobi/en/whitepaper/cctime.html
CCTime is developed based on Asch, referring to the ANN of Asch to get further details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2176697.msg21831492#msg21831492
The airdrop will reopen soon.

ASCH Platform - Next-Generation Blockchain Application Platform Based on Multi-Chain Architecture and Cross-Chain Technology
WebsiteWhitepaper •   ExplorerGitHub Community Forum •  Weibo Slack
 • Twitter •  FacebookTelegram Reddit  • FAQs •  Medium
naocb

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:19:05 AM

airdrop type of distribution gives incentive for dev to increase value of a token. I think it's more fair way than  typical ICOs...
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:22:06 AM

I think the bottomline of all airdrops is just to gain easy money on both sides. But not good for real investors, because usually those projects are short-lived that you will be left hodling those coins and later on will have no more value in the market. So be careful in dealing with these free tokens/coins/assets.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:11:58 AM

Airdrop help people known about coin! More than other way! At this times! Many coi make ICO and bounty!
Leonbtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 190

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:02:55 AM

There is actually no risk to join airdrop as long as you dong share your peivate key.

linkin87

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:11:05 AM

Token developers call it "free airdrop" but everybody knows that they want you to use their signature in order to be able to receive the distribution, it is okay, but it is a different way to refer to a "bounty campaign", since you are getting paid by tokens for posting.
But once that everybody dumps their coins, the price is going to crash, and that happens with almost all the airdrop coins that are right now, like deeponion, it reached $5 each a few weeks ago, and now it is below $0,80 each.

What do you mean? And what happen with the price of deep onion?
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:13:25 AM

Token developers call it "free airdrop" but everybody knows that they want you to use their signature in order to be able to receive the distribution, it is okay, but it is a different way to refer to a "bounty campaign", since you are getting paid by tokens for posting.
But once that everybody dumps their coins, the price is going to crash, and that happens with almost all the airdrop coins that are right now, like deeponion, it reached $5 each a few weeks ago, and now it is below $0,80 each.

Signature? What about ebtc, eneo, eltc airdrop do they have signatures? certainly not because they are purely airdrop
miguelborges99

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:15:39 AM

Yes, it seems that it is happening.
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:26:46 AM

People like free coins and to sell them, I don't see any other reason why would someone take free coins.
Do you see any other reason?
I don't know why there are so many airdrops lately, promotion perhaps? To spread a word?

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PenStand

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:08:40 AM

Airdrop can make the toke/coin widely spread and circulate. Dev will hold some tokens/coins for himself. When the token/coin reaches a good enough price, then he can sell out the remaining tokens/coins in his hand for money.

Natalim

Activity: 2954
Merit: 592

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:26:31 AM

With airdrop method devs can expect effort from the participants, although they do not actually invest money but they can give their effort to make
the project successful. One good example is deeponion, being part of the airdrop is a privilege but you won't be getting that free coin without giving anything in return, we are paid with our support and with more support it would make the project successful. Usually it's a long journey but as long as the supporters are here to stay, there is a great potential of success.

Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:37:09 AM

airdrop type of distribution gives incentive for dev to increase value of a token. I think it's more fair way than  typical ICOs...
LOL are you nut? the dev just take the possibility to get a lot of the shares and where from the money to pump the price of each token? I think the dev will dumping their shares to the market.
You can try to look at the previous airdrop token and that was very bad.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:38:24 AM

I do airdrop. It's simple, you get free money out of it and airdropped tokens get popularity amongst the community. They get big chunks of impressions in very short time and people actually engage into it to get that free token and then expect to sell them at very high prices which is their 100% profit in the future. That's easy money really but those who engage in multiple airdrops get benefited because you never which airdrop might just become obsolete. So things are little unpredictable here.
tss_ben

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 04:52:22 PM

Like many people mentioned, it's partly for marketing purposes. But it's free, just take it  Tongue

KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:04:52 PM

for me i can see airdrop easy money.
based on my experience I just Sign in on the Airdrop site and i got free tokens/coins.
because of the Signing  bonus.
and I just do link referrals and i get the Tokens/coins that i deserve

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
Vasyan

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:47:52 AM

there is almost no advantage, it's a lottery where you can lose your time or in rare cases get a few coins for free that do not cost anything))) and very very rarely you can get a few coins for your wallet that will cost several dollars))
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: