Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:59:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use ASICMiner Block Erupters with CGMiner on Windows 7  (Read 87320 times)
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:06:30 AM

Dose every one have to fight with these things? I thought all the bugs were worked out and that most people could just plug um in? Dose the latest Cg-miner detect them?
use cgminer 3.1.1 with this code:

Code:
C:\Users\XYZ\Desktop\cgminer-3.1.1-windows\cgminer-nogpu.exe -o http://rr.btcmp.com:8332 -u XXXXX -p YYYYY --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COM3 -S \\.\COM4 -S \\.\COM5 -S \\.\COM6 -S \\.\COM7 -S \\.\COM8

Of course change the things you need to change.  Does that help?

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
movellan

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:12:45 AM

Dose every one have to fight with these things? I thought all the bugs were worked out and that most people could just plug um in? Dose the latest Cg-miner detect them?

Did you install the Zadig drivers exactly as the OP instructed in the first post of this thread? You must let the installer finish and you will get a message indicating a successful install.

THEN, go to Control Panel > System and Security and click on "Device Manager", then click on "USB Controllers". You should see your ASIC'S listed as UART devices. Now CGminer 3.3.x should auto-recognize them as AMU's and if the rest of your command line is correct they should be mining away.
movellan

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:18:23 AM

Dose every one have to fight with these things? I thought all the bugs were worked out and that most people could just plug um in? Dose the latest Cg-miner detect them?
use cgminer 3.1.1 with this code:

Code:
C:\Users\XYZ\Desktop\cgminer-3.1.1-windows\cgminer-nogpu.exe -o http://rr.btcmp.com:8332 -u XXXXX -p YYYYY --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S \\.\COM3 -S \\.\COM4 -S \\.\COM5 -S \\.\COM6 -S \\.\COM7 -S \\.\COM8

Of course change the things you need to change.  Does that help?

It will if he has the Zadig drivers properly installed and then installed the SiLabs CP210 drivers ONLY ONCE. If he tried fiddling around installing and un-installing the CP210 stuff like I did at first, the COM numbers are going to be different and your command line might not work for him.
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:24:44 AM

I have not even gotten mine yet. But threads like this scare the shit out me

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
movellan

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:28:43 AM

I thought all the bugs were worked out.....?

There are always bugs, even in 1916.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc5hPcpEL7o
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:49:59 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 08:13:48 AM by Quantus

so you have to use  command line interface for these things you can't use the gui miner interface?
I'm just looking for simplicity. I screw things up at every turn. I'd prefer to install a virtual OS on top of Windows if its easier.

NVM i found a better break down here
http://rdmsnippets.com/tag/install-block-erupter-on-windows-7/

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
joae1975

Activity: 752

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:25:54 AM

so you have to use  command line interface for these things you can't use the gui miner interface?
I'm just looking for simplicity. I screw things up at every turn. I'd prefer to install a virtual OS on top of Windows if its easier.

To be a BTC miner means you gotta learn how to be one.  Search and search the boards, the internet, until you get it.  You will.  We're happy to help, but that's how I learned.

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:11:58 PM

To be a BTC miner means you gotta learn how to be one.  Search and search the boards, the internet, until you get it.  You will.  We're happy to help, but that's how I learned.

im fighting with this right now....

digeros

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:55:17 PM

For my 7 miners, I'm using:

--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM5 -S COM6 -S COM7 -S COM8 -S COM9

Note that I saw a post from one of the cgminer authors suggesting to use 115200:2:1 and 3.0=80.  When I did that, I got errors and cgminer immediately crashed. 

I'm getting about 333mh/s with the above on Win7x64.

M

Thanks for the tip. Yours is the best amoung so many. But I can't get any to work starting at COM10.

Anybody got solution for this? btw, no USB hub. I got 16 USB slots on my pc.

Windows 8 is able to find 1 USB Erupter. Testing on my Windows XP laptop tomorrow.

You need to add the \\.\ in front of the com ports call, so it will look like this for cgminer -S \\.\com113 -S \\.\com199... etc
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:10:30 AM

If you have a raspberry pi at home give minepeon a try .... Wink

Neptune

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:40:42 AM

Ok, I've tried this every way I can think...  can't get the zadig drivers to install...when I plug in the AsicMiner I get an error 43...

This is the only thing that has seemed to work(but obviously doesn't)   I plug in the miner, go to device manager and uninstall it, open Zadig and install the WinUSB driver, it says it installs successfully, device manager never changes and I never get a prompt to reboot...

I have installed the CP210x driver also...nothing...  If I try to install the Zadig WinUSB driver without first uninstalling the default driver in Device manager, the install fails.

Anything would help at this point and a big Thanks in advance, this community always steps up!

P.S. when I install the driver from Zadig, the device disappears from the list in Zadig.

ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:39:32 AM

For some strange reason, CG miner 3.1.1 has started crashing with a USB block erupter. Could not get it to work with either cg miner 3.3.1 or 3.2.0 or 3.2.1 or 3.1.1. Even though 3.1.1 worked fine before. ...I know...weird..

So, I went to bfgminer 3.1.2, uninstalled the UART drivers on page 1, rebooted, installed the drivers again, rebooted, and I'm using this line in my .bat file.

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u youraddresshere -p x -I 9 -S all

It recognizes the usb block erupter, no other drivers needed, I don't have to specify a com port, and it's recognizing my dual Nvidia 560GTX cards (yes, i now, don't ask, they were paid for a long time ago...Smiley

Hope it helps somebody. Grin

sephtin

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:26:32 AM

Ok, I've tried this every way I can think...  can't get the zadig drivers to install...when I plug in the AsicMiner I get an error 43...

This is the only thing that has seemed to work(but obviously doesn't)   I plug in the miner, go to device manager and uninstall it, open Zadig and install the WinUSB driver, it says it installs successfully, device manager never changes and I never get a prompt to reboot...

I have installed the CP210x driver also...nothing...  If I try to install the Zadig WinUSB driver without first uninstalling the default driver in Device manager, the install fails.

Anything would help at this point and a big Thanks in advance, this community always steps up!

P.S. when I install the driver from Zadig, the device disappears from the list in Zadig.

Not sure if you've gotten it working yet, but this (linked earlier in this thread, I think) got me working on 3.1.1:

Note: don't reset them to WinUSB after installing the other drivers.  Just make sure that they are listed as having COM#, and then specify the COM# in your shortcut or batch file, and you should be ok.
Neptune

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:04:47 PM

Not sure if you've gotten it working yet, but this (linked earlier in this thread, I think) got me working on 3.1.1:

Note: don't reset them to WinUSB after installing the other drivers.  Just make sure that they are listed as having COM#, and then specify the COM# in your shortcut or batch file, and you should be ok.

Ya I've been every permutation of these instructions I can think of and I get the same "no go" situation...  When I plug the devices(I have 3) into any USB port it is reported that there is a problem with the device and it is shut down.  Error 43.  I have tried this on 4 different systems and I get the same error from all 3 USB miners.   The actual information when you look at the properties of the device is:  "Windows has stopped this device becuase it has reported problems. (code 43)"

any further assistance would be greatly appreciated!

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:31:35 PM

Ya I've been every permutation of these instructions I can think of and I get the same "no go" situation...  When I plug the devices(I have 3) into any USB port it is reported that there is a problem with the device and it is shut down.  Error 43.  I have tried this on 4 different systems and I get the same error from all 3 USB miners.   The actual information when you look at the properties of the device is:  "Windows has stopped this device becuase it has reported problems. (code 43)"

any further assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Did they ever work?  I would suspect they are damaged, but the odds of having 3 damaged are pretty slim.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Neptune

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 02:24:54 AM

Actually I got 2 of the 3 miners working which is great, but the third just wont show up as anything other than "Unknown Device" and the 'Bridge' drivers won't install on that device...I've contacted the guy I bought them from and he is willing to try to get it to work and send me an alternate.

Like them so much I bought 3 more yesterday...

Thanks for the help!

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 11:42:39 PM

I just got five new erupters going on a new Anker USB 3 hub, thanks to a lot of help from this thread and elsewhere.

The usual thrashing about, but two particular oopsies that made things messy for a while: first, despite many comments here, it took me a while to realize that 3.1.1 really is the version to use, at least for now. The main symptom if you don't is that the -S argument is not recognized in 3.3.1 (and other versions, I think). Second, I got obscure errors (pool 0 json stratum auth failed) for a while because of a simple upper/lower case error in the first character of my pool user name - the sort of thing you could stare at and miss for quite a while. Very humbling fooling around with the old DOS-style interface - I used to know that stuff inside out, now it seems absurdly labor-intensive.

I can still use my 7970 with Guiminer at the same time, but the power draw, the heat, and the fan noise will probably make me give it up. I've only tried it with Guiminer for a few minutes just now, but the hash rate for the 7970 seems to be down quite a bit also. Maybe I can use it for gaming!

Five more erupters tomorrow on a different platform and hub if all goes well.

Thanks again for all the good advice here.

rrrix

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:15:14 AM

Followed instructions to the T - using 3.1.1 - perfect!
bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:50:39 PM

This far its been some adventure getting these usb miners to work
It looked all simple but it can be less simple just because either hub or usb ports might mess up
I had bought 5 usb erupters from a group buy, and since i received these things been trying to get them to work all 5
Now here comes the crazy thing some work easy others don't
Also had struggled with the jalapeno but since i installed the latest FTDI driver it works easy with bfgminer
Since that i wanted to add the block erupters which i will call amu's from now on i had to try many things
First i tried to get them working with bfgminer but it does not see the amu's
So i took cgminer 3.3.1 and poof it does see 2 amu instant but was whining about the wrong driver
Then i downloaded the zadig driver tool at first zadig does not show any devices

You have to select in the top bar under options list all devices
Then it shows the uart bridge controllers if you plugged all in
This might get confusing or might not even work easy

I found that best way for me was when i had one stick in and reboot after i changed that driver into winusb
people said that only once the winusb driver has to be installed but that does not work on my machines

After that its best to reboot your machine when the zadig has stopped searching
Do not start before it ended the search because windows instant message restart now just wait till that search ended.
I am not sure if its really is needed to wait but to be honest better safe then sorry.

I had to select each and every one of them separate to get the amu's to work

So i took all out besides the one allready installed
You can start cgminer with the mentioned parameters and you see the amu starting to mine at your pool

Then i started zadig again and put the next stick into a free usb slot in cgminer you get the message that it does not have the right driver. Which is libusb by default for windows sadly the rename driver does not work else it would have been easier to see which one has been changed properly.

You select again list all devices in zadig en you will see an newly added uart and when you click on it in zadig you will see in the first box what driver it shows in my pc it showed libusb.

So i changed that by choose install winusb driver.

Now windows whines about reboot again you do not need todo that simply pull the last added amu out and reinsert it.

Meanwhile keep an eye on your running cgminer you will see it being added and a few seconds later it starts hashing like the first
Keep doing that with all of your amu's till they are hashing like they should

After i got them all plugged in from 5 i found 2 stick where giving alot of HW errors and where not sending any shares or at least hardly any.
I think these are flawed/broken sticks ( after 1 day working one of them does not mine at all anymore ), currently trying to get them replaced before i order more of the amu's

Now to make this story even more complex cgminer does not find the stupid jala but guess what the bfgminer finds the jala instant.
But bfgminer refuses to find the amu's  Huh :S
I have been messing with this for several hours and really do not understand why it does see one or the other but not both

There are posts from people who seem to have any hardware running on cgminer and bfgminer but somehow for me its a mess
It might have todo with me running win8 but i am in the proces to buy such a solution like the raspberry pi although i see people having issues with them as well

Some usb hubs gives issues and usb 3.0  ports can be a some work as well, in most cases a pc has usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 slots as soon as you got the amu's to work on the usb 2.0 slots you get them to work on the 3.0 slots as well is what i found out.
I found some ports on the mainboards are shared ports and have a limited power output look carefull at the specs of your mainboard if these ports are shared hubs.
For instance the board of a friend an gigabyte board has 4 usb ports which are actually 2 REAL usb ports but being split into 4 which obvious gave an issue if put 4 amu's in those 4 ports when he took at 1 and put that into the front usb ports they ran fine.

bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:15:19 PM

I had to switch to 3.1.1. Using 3.3 it auto-detects just fine, but would randomly "disconnect" requiring me to hot-plug it (remove from USB port, re-install). Now going on 3 days with no interruptions.  Grin

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: