Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:11:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WhereToMine.org - Pools comparisson website  (Read 818 times)
naschpitz (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:46:42 PM

Hello there fellow miners,

A few days ago I launched a website (www.WhereToMine.org) intended to be used primarily as a pools comparisson tool, regarding (for now...) uncles rate, orphans rate and hashrate as sorting options. Up to now 31 pools of ETC, ETH, EXP, MUSIC, SOIL, are listed.
Besides, this platform can also be used as a pannel for the miner who mines in several different pools: just register and create an account, which will link a wallet to a pool.

Feedback is MORE than welcome.
UnknownX

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:00:08 PM

A few days ago I launched a website (www.WhereToMine.org) intended to be used primarily as a pools comparisson tool, regarding (for now...) uncles rate, orphans rate and hashrate as sorting options. Up to now 31 pools of ETC, ETH, EXP, MUSIC, SOIL, are listed.
Besides, this platform can also be used as a pannel for the miner who mines in several different pools: just register and create an account, which will link a wallet to a pool.

Great job!
But you need to add much more coins and pools and then your site become very useful

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:10:50 PM

Thanks! Indeed I will add more coins and pools, the main problem is that their API is not aways the same and some don't even expose one.
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:48:52 PM

I really like the idea, but it needs to be based off of algo.

It needs to compare ethermine to miningpoolhub to suprnova for the same algo.

anything coin specific will only vary because of luck and this will change daily no matter what.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:00:45 AM

It needs to compare ethermine to miningpoolhub to suprnova for the same algo.

anything coin specific will only vary because of luck and this will change daily no matter what.

If there is a comparison, everybody will see and know that mininpoolhub, suprnova e dwarfpool scams people.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:17:44 AM

That's part of the ideia behind the curtains. By keeping track of the blocks mined by these pools directly on the blockchain we will have an unambiguous source or information.
They DON'T tell their orphans block rate, but at least the uncles I can dig out of the blockchain.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:25:16 AM

I conducted tests on many pools and those 3 by far had unfair distribution of profits. I mean most profit stayed with them. If you can do to show exactly the blocks mined per day and then tell exactly how much eth per block somebody given the hashrate would get then it will be a great source to see which pools are scamming people.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:48:06 AM

site looks awesome, we needed a site like this.  I hope you would add monero, decred, siacoin, library credits, pascal, zcash eventually that would be killer!

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:54:07 PM

site looks awesome, we needed a site like this.  I hope you would add monero, decred, siacoin, library credits, pascal, zcash eventually that would be killer!

Thanks for your support Cheesy.
Certainly I will add more coins, it's just a matter of time until I implement other pool's APIs.
daboehla

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:58:31 AM

Cool homepage, thx for display my Pool Grin
coinfoundry

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Miningcore

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 07:33:38 AM

Does the site only supports pools for Ethereum based coins?

Miningcore.pro - Stress-Free, Reliable Crypto Mining. Period.
naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:16:45 PM

Cool homepage, thx for display my Pool Grin

You're welcome Cheesy
Let me know if something changes, like fee, minimum payment, stratum address or port, etc.
MikeLove2

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:54:56 PM

naschpitz, why when pressing AltPools.xyz there is an opening of https://wheretomine.org/?
AltPools.xyz is your pool?

naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:10:50 PM

Does the site only supports pools for Ethereum based coins?

Currently yes, but it's just a coincidence. Soon I will implement other pool's APIs, so other coins will be available.
naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:19:43 PM

naschpitz, why when pressing AltPools.xyz there is an opening of https://wheretomine.org/?
AltPools.xyz is your pool?

Yes, my first approach in this mining universe was trying to create a pool, a group of pools.
Quickly I realised that this would hardly be profitable, mainly due to the enourmous competition.
Then I decided to shift the project towards something to explore this plurality, taking advantage of the interface that I had developed for altpools.xyz group.
That's why when you hit altpools.xyz you're redirected to WhatToMine.org
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: