Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:19:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scare-C'Robots  (Read 574 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 07:17:28 PM

Imagine a robot that is basically like a remote control car with stronger wheels and a re-enforced frame so that it can handle being top heavy (something like the gas powered skate board). But it has a sensor on it that lets it know if it is about to run into something (like rumba) and it can steer in all directions.

Then on top it has a scare crow, so it's more efficient than a regular scarecrow, because it moves. And it could listen for bird noises and when it hears one, it could reply with a mosquito tone that birds can hear, but not humans (so as not to disturb sleep).

It should probably be equipped with a flash-light or headlights also, and a way to alert you when it is being tampered with.

And eventually it could be mixed with Baxter-Bot technology and taught how to farm.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadToHell

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:51:19 PM

Couldn't we just replace all birds with robot birds?  Then the Scare-C'Robot could easily get rid of them with a simple EMP blast.  Unless someone invented angry-robot-birds.  I don't know if angry-robot-birds would be vulnerable to EMP.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 09:01:14 PM

Couldn't we just replace all birds with robot birds?  Then the Scare-C'Robot could easily get rid of them with a simple EMP blast.  Unless someone invented angry-robot-birds.  I don't know if angry-robot-birds would be vulnerable to EMP.

I'm pretty sure scare crows would be easier than replacing all birds. And they already have robot birds.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
RoadToHell

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:41:35 PM

I'm pretty sure scare crows would be easier than replacing all birds. And they already have robot birds.
It wouldn't be that difficult.  Start out with a bunch of climber-bots, like monkeys.  Yes, robot-monkeys.  The robot-monkeys are programmed to climb through all of the trees looking for bird nests.  When they find nests they distract the birds and then replace any eggs with robot-bird-eggs.  The real birds won't know the difference and will look after the robot-bird-eggs until they hatch.  They'll even teach the little robot-birds how to fly.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
bb999

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:58:03 AM

Lol everyone knows angry-robot-birds are only vulnerable to angry-robot-pigs.
ninjarobots

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 05:00:56 AM

Old MacDonald had a farm,
E-I-E-I-O.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: