Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:44:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: End goal - amass ETH. Better mine Monero & exchange for ETH? GPU mining  (Read 382 times)
jang430 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:22:58 AM

Hi.  I'd like to earn more ETH.  As it is, ETH mining, at 300 MH/s takes me about a month to earn 1.  Is there another currency, e.g. Monero, that I can mine, and with the same time 1 month period, mine enough Monero to echange more than 1 ETH?

I will mostly be using RX 580s, and GTX 1070s.

Hope to hear your thoughts. 

If not Monero, maybe another coin.
Branko

Activity: 2478
Merit: 318

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:45:22 AM

Hi.  I'd like to earn more ETH.  As it is, ETH mining, at 300 MH/s takes me about a month to earn 1.  Is there another currency, e.g. Monero, that I can mine, and with the same time 1 month period, mine enough Monero to echange more than 1 ETH?

http://bfy.tw/Avdt
coinfoundry

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Miningcore

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 07:11:50 AM

Hi.  I'd like to earn more ETH.  As it is, ETH mining, at 300 MH/s takes me about a month to earn 1.  Is there another currency, e.g. Monero, that I can mine, and with the same time 1 month period, mine enough Monero to echange more than 1 ETH?

whattomine.com is usually an easy way to come up with answers to questions like this.

Miningcore.pro - Stress-Free, Reliable Crypto Mining. Period.
jang430 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:17:16 AM

Yes, taking a look at whattomine, but am confused how to use it as a tool.

I've populated # of cards on top.  I saw for ETH, it's all 100%, for profitability for Current, 24 hours, 7 hours, 3 days.  I assume since it's in comparison to self. 

So for XMR, I see 67/67/66/60%, I assume, it means it's more unprofitable to mine XMR, to earn ETH?  Is that it?

My next question is, does whattomine website take consideration of existing difficulty level for both ETH and XMR? 

Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:53:48 AM

So for XMR, I see 67/67/66/60%, I assume, it means it's more unprofitable to mine XMR, to earn ETH?  Is that it?
As you suppose, and as it Is written on the webpage, GPU mining is compared to ETH mining.
XMR reward is lower and it always was is the past so there is no point in mining it.

My next question is, does whattomine website take consideration of existing difficulty level for both ETH and XMR?  

Yes, it does.
What would it consider to do its calculations otherwise?

Just go on mining ETH or ETC, there is no point in switching this days
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: