Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:44:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earning Tokens In The City.... Intro Questions!  (Read 255 times)
tOKENCITY (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 06:45:29 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 06:57:17 AM by tOKENCITY

Good day everyone, my name is Igor & I am looking forward to become part of the community here, as it all is very interesting!

tOKENCITY is a concept I came with, to describe a futuristic place. It's obviously a city where cryptocurrency took over the fiat money, but which still might be dark & grimey, with a dystopian feel. Think Blade Runner locations, this is how I envision it. Also, since it is about Tokyo-sized, there is a little bit of everything: from night clubs to violence to flying vehicles. Advanced technology meets human vices, all as always Smiley Alongside this, @tokencity is also the name of my Twitter where I try to post the most relevant & interesting news on crypto: mainly stuff about how it can change the future, or about the countries that are about to jump the train (Estonia, Malaysia etc), the idea is to post everything that grabs my attention: I scroll through my feed and share only the best bits.

(I hope I am not breaking any rules here by talking about what I do, I thought it would be relevant to introduce myself;
If someone feel like checkin' it out, you'll probably be able to find some things of interest among my tweets & favorites.)

Now, to the questions! Cool

1. What would be my best option if I want to have my crypto-tokens on a plastic card with me always? This far, I've discovered bitpay — which seems great, — but as I'd probably want to make money on bounty campaigns foremost, that might be a little bit inconvenient to convert everything to ETH then BTC... Is there maybe a Ethereum plastic card that I can use on ATMs worldwide? And which one you'd recommend, if there is more than one?

2. Can all alternate cryptocoins be freely exchanged for Ethereum's? And what is the place to check actual exchange rates for those? It's not always obvious, as (so far it seemed to me) not many companies care to publish that info, both in threads or their website. I don't really need super precision charts or anything, just rough estimate of a given token against ETH.

3. Do all companies run their bounty campaigns trough BCTalk? Obviously not everyone can take part, these requiring member status & everything... but I seem to recall seeing "Bounty" pages on some websites, where they probably do not redirect to the forum, but just describe the rules and how you can claim your tokens. Or do these kind of companies not outline you have to have certain status on forums also? Because that would seem to me a kind of loophole where one can bypass the forum altogether, and sign up via the website instead — this not making much sense if I'm being honest.

OK, That's it — I probably wanted to ask something else also, but can't recall. Will follow up with further questions later if I do.

T H A N K S !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:29:35 PM

1. New project:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2206814.new#new
Maybe in near future you can use it! And I!  Roll Eyes

3. This forum is best and only place for bounty campaigns.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:59:23 PM

Is this a virtual city you thinking of ? Like a game ? A virtual world ? Sounds good but i don't see pictures or drawings to try Invision your idea. Why not tell us more in-depth abut it and when will a demo become available ? This is a massive amount of work and I would love to see something like this made but I have my doubts. You need a huge team for something like this.

Who are you and who are your team ?

tOKENCITY (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 03:06:56 PM

Thanks for the replies!

Added Proxy Card to my watchlist — will be following the project and see where it goes.

@Mike Mayor — sorry, it is hard to convey a thought on the Internet sometimes without being misunderstood. No, it's not a concept of a virtual reality or an experimental city (I'm not Elone Mask to take on such ambitious projects! Smiley). tOKENCITY is more of a cryptocurrency world newsfeed at this point. I find & share interesting news on my Twitter and look forward to writing more publications on my Medium. I just think it is a good name for something of this kind and was describing the inspiration behind coming with it. There's a chance I may have a website one day, for now Twitter is quite a good platform to keep finger on the pulse, so I'll be sticking to it for a while.

I hope I didn't disappoint you much I do not actually work on something you envision Smiley Thx for the interest, either way!
Littledragons

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:23:01 PM

I think the concept is sound.
As far as real life applications (such as bitpay) there is regulatory hell to be wrought.
One of the harder things is that its really really difficult to say "yes this is where I can convert my tokens to cash" - as it may not be listed on an exchange. Its sticky for sure. Who knows where it will all end up?

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: