Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:09:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining now is it too late?  (Read 1557 times)
siforek

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:16:21 PM

Mining is a long term investment strategy. If you are looking to make quick cash by investing in a mining rig, that's probably not going to happen and you should listen to your friends. If you don't care about making a quick profit and want to accumulate coins for the long term instead, then mining is certainly an option.

Thant's what I'm doing. I was able to get 5.3cents/KWh & while difficulty is always rising it seems to me anyone smart enough to not expect fast returns & is willing to adjust their strategy with the market can still do well. I'm mining Eth right now but I'm watching many other options everyday always looking for the changes.
Edsemen

Activity: 413

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:23:25 PM

Mining is a long term investment strategy. If you are looking to make quick cash by investing in a mining rig, that's probably not going to happen and you should listen to your friends. If you don't care about making a quick profit and want to accumulate coins for the long term instead, then mining is certainly an option.

Thant's what I'm doing. I was able to get 5.3cents/KWh & while difficulty is always rising it seems to me anyone smart enough to not expect fast returns & is willing to adjust their strategy with the market can still do well. I'm mining Eth right now but I'm watching many other options everyday always looking for the changes.

That's a better idea, you should be more careful on how the coins that you are mining went well. For me it's not going to be bad now for eth and as it rises lately it's current value. That's why people who invest for it nowadays begun to hold their token and other investors also buying eth same as you are mining it.

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 07:34:08 PM

Hi guys,
i had known about crytocurrent five months ago, but i only trading. The current market is unstable so I decided to keep it. i'm studying about mining, but my friends, they tell me forget it, present difficulty is too high. i don't mining BTC or ETH. Mining other small coins is easy but low profit. what should i do now?. please give me advice.

I would not say is to late to get into mining , i would say right now its not the best time Smiley

There is a lot of factors you need to consider about ...
Mining is a long term investment...
Investing into mining is a little bit gambling right now...

Yes difficulty is going sky high , but if the coin/fiat exchange rate somehow following the difficulty growth you are still good Smiley

Mining is still profitable , but the ROI time is much more longer than it was 3-4 or 6 months ago

Members suggesting to use profit calculators .. you need to understand those calculators is for just that moment when you typing your information , its not calculating difficulty increase , or Coin/Fiat price increase/decrease for tomorrow Smiley

One of The most important thing when you thinking about get into mining ... how much your paying for electricity , kwh/$ or kwh/euro ,  make sure all the taxes included in your kwh/$ or kwh/euro price.

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 728
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 07:39:31 PM

Well I can't start right off the bat say that if had started five months it would have been much better. Profits from mining are getting lower and lower. Mining profits is controlled by the difficulty of the network. More diff.= less profits. And as more and more people start mining the diff. goes up.

In the past few months, mining got so much hype and everyone bought gpu cards and started their own mining rigs which pretty much explains why all cards are either sold out or are for insane prices.

I started two months ago and I can say that it's not bad considering that my electricity is not expensive. I pay about $0.045/kwh.

Electricity in my country is $0.1/kWh.
That's a lot. If I were you I'd actually not get into before doing the maths and calculating how many months needed to ROI (keeping in mind that your calculations can be useless if diff. goes up for example.)

It's really your and only your decision. Think about it and since you're trading as well compare it with the profits of trading and do the better.

Good Luck.
nikolaich

Activity: 224
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:08:31 PM

you can count your profit by yourself here https://whattomine.com

Yeas. Quite a nice source of info.

Look what Bitmain is doing do Dash difficulty with its Antminer D3
MaxDigger

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:32:47 PM

Yes, if you are referring Bitcoin as your mining cryptocurrency. There is no way you can mining bitcoins through GPUs.
No, if you are willing to try mining other Altcoins but also under the condition that you have access to cheaper electricity.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:21:32 PM

Another thing is that you noobs think is profitable but in truth is not and you will be in debt soon. It happened to many people that I know, they thought it was profitable and in the end it was not. they had to sell computer parts to pay the bills and give up mining.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
sevenmiles

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:22:28 PM

Hi guys,
i had known about crytocurrent five months ago, but i only trading. The current market is unstable so I decided to keep it. i'm studying about mining, but my friends, they tell me forget it, present difficulty is too high. i don't mining BTC or ETH. Mining other small coins is easy but low profit. what should i do now?. please give me advice.

you should just pull out the calculator, and spend about five to ten minutes, and you will have the conclusion, right?
your return on investment = ( hardware investment ) / (daily mining revenue - daily electricity cost)
you can easily find the price of any miners, right? here or Google
and you can easily find the online calculator of daily mining revenue of most popular coins, right? here or Google
and you know your electricity rate, right?

Cheesy

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:08:46 PM

Eth hash rate dropped like nealy 15 percent this weekend as dummies exit
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:29:38 PM

Eth hash rate dropped like nealy 15 percent this weekend as dummies exit

eth network hashrate is still the same, no changes since the difficulty bomb.

Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 781

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:40:25 PM

It's too late to invest your funds to get into mining, I did it a few months ago and yet to achieve the full return of my investment. The earnings have dropped tremendously the past month rendering it unprofitable to run a machine 24/7, especially if you have high energy costs.

I highly doubt that anything will change for the better any time soon.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:18:54 PM

I don't really think mining is dead, i don't think it will ever be 'dead' if you have decent electricity costs, it might take much more to ROI but its still a better investment than the bank, and its not really a lot of work
Phantoms001

Activity: 135

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:38:33 PM

It depends on your circumstances and what you want to get out of it. I'm new to mining, it's a learning experience. I'm gaining a large amount of hardware knowledge and it's introduced me to crypto in a relatively low risk way. The cards I use haven't lost any resale value as I bought them used and I'm looking after them in terms of temps and fan speeds. This also mean my ROI on each card is less than 3 months.

lol,

We did the same thing.  We started a few months ago buying used gtx 970s off Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for 100.00.  You can always find someone that needs money really bad for bills and things like a computer or computer parts are the first thing to go.  We just kept adding what ever cards we could that were cheap. 

Even with prices coming down if you were to get into mining at this point with new gear I think you would have a tough way to go.   I don't think its too late if you want to get in with cheap used gear. 

papasmurf1337

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:07:34 AM

I would invest into ICO Smiley
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:16:53 AM

stay away from, ico scam.

joshuaj

Activity: 224

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:00:52 AM

stay away from, ico scam.

Yes, I agreed. Most ICO are scammed. So, it is better you start mining at some alt coins.

hyet24

Activity: 166

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:28:34 AM

It's too late for on demand profit but long term its not too late.   You should just mine the coin your doing and promote the crap out of it and see how it goes.   2013 the bitcoin increase by 50 times from YTD.   ATM its 4 times.  Getting more people involve like using it and of course mining it can boost the popularity even more.
dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:36:40 AM

You will more than likely never return on investment if you bought gpus now.  You could buy ASIC machines when they come with a new, faster version of hardware and buy as many of them as you can right when they come out.

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: