Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:05:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed to recieve my bitcoins  (Read 1608 times)
atl4nti5 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:35:12 PM

I purchased bit-coins through Bit-instant >ZipZap>Moneygram> and payed a CVS. I have a conformation letter from both ZipZap and Bit-instant saying the transaction went fine but i have no bit-coins in my wallet yet. Its only been 3 hours since my purchase but i am a little skeptical from all the forums i have read. I checked the order on bit-instant and it said it was a success but when i search the order ID on blockchain it cant find anything. I was not expecting any complication at all. I am a first time user and this is not looking good for bit-instant. I have 60 less dollars in my pocket and still no bit-coins. Iv triple checked to make sure my bit-coin address is correct and it is. Would anyone on this forms be able to help me?

-thanks
atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:37:15 PM

for future reference my order ID is: 340a1a31-13f0-472d-86b5-8cd16bc1aaec
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:58:59 PM

Hi, it looks like your order did in fact execute as seen here:

http://blockchain.info/tx/adcbf0c524e9598cad4dadf3885d1a46021985f657ec4089e123aaa3b8e80989

If you do not see your wallet balance updating it might have 3 possible causes:

1 - You're not up to date on the blockchain ("out of sync" is what the bitcoin.org client calls this)

2 - If you're using a third-party wallet provider such as an exchange or web-based wallet they have not updated your account balance

3 - You provided the wrong address - this can happen sometimes for blockchain.info wallet users who mistakenly use the privacy feature and enable the mixer
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:09:18 AM

I purchased bit-coins through Bit-instant >ZipZap>Moneygram> and payed a CVS. I have a conformation letter from both ZipZap and Bit-instant saying the transaction went fine but i have no bit-coins in my wallet yet. Its only been 3 hours since my purchase but i am a little skeptical from all the forums i have read. I checked the order on bit-instant and it said it was a success but when i search the order ID on blockchain it cant find anything. I was not expecting any complication at all. I am a first time user and this is not looking good for bit-instant. I have 60 less dollars in my pocket and still no bit-coins. Iv triple checked to make sure my bit-coin address is correct and it is. Would anyone on this forms be able to help me?

-thanks

Happened to me on bitcoin-e site. I bought a small of amount of bitcoin (around $14) and my money was taken out but never credited to my bitcoin.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:10:36 AM

-thanks

Happened to me on bitcoin-e site. I bought a small of amount of bitcoin (around $14) and my money was taken out but never credited to my bitcoin.

Was this via BitInstant? If so, please provide your order details and it can be fixed
atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:45:13 AM

http://blockchain.info/tx/adcbf0c524e9598cad4dadf3885d1a46021985f657ec4089e123aaa3b8e80989

1 - You're not up to date on the blockchain ("out of sync" is what the bitcoin.org client calls this)

2 - If you're using a third-party wallet provider such as an exchange or web-based wallet they have not updated your account balance

3 - You provided the wrong address - this can happen sometimes for blockchain.info wallet users who mistakenly use the privacy feature and enable the mixer

The bitcoin address i used is not through a blockchain wallet, i am using the Linux bitcoin client as seen on the front page of Bitcoins.com so im guessing this is a "third-party wallet provider". I know the address i used is correct, i copy and pasted it and iv quadruple checked to make sure. Could it be that the bitcoint client has not updated yet? if so how can i get it to update? thanks for the response
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:19:33 AM

The bitcoin address i used is not through a blockchain wallet, i am using the Linux bitcoin client as seen on the front page of Bitcoins.com so im guessing this is a "third-party wallet provider". I know the address i used is correct, i copy and pasted it and iv quadruple checked to make sure. Could it be that the bitcoint client has not updated yet? if so how can i get it to update? thanks for the response

It's very difficult for us to troubleshoot someone else's software.  There are many wallet providers out there and we are currently not one of them.  I am not familiar with the Linux client that you speak of so your best bet would be to look at the devs site for support and if that fails I would try searching for other users with the same issue or contacting the developer of the software in question.
atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:24:14 AM

i understand, thanks for the info
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:34:33 AM

If by linux client you mean the one from bitcoin.org the most likely issue is your client hasn't updated on the blockchain, when using bitcoin-qt you'll see a little progress bar at the bottom of the main client window showing how far along it is - if this progress bar is not moving along at all or remains at 0% then you need to check your firewall settings etc.

Most importantly, make sure you don't lose your wallet.dat - even if your client is out of date, your private keys in wallet.dat are still of use. For detailed debugging i'd refer you to the rest of this forum if it is indeed the bitcoin.org client - if you are using another client then contact the developer for support.
atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:40:52 AM

i just installed the client for bitcoin.org but am unable to get it running. The client i have before is from bitcoins.com i searched for a wallet.dat file but only found wallet.h and wallet.cpp. i sent the webiste and email but im starting to get a little leery with the legitimacy of the site, i noticed theres only about 3 or 4 webpages. im going to restart my comp see if that changes anything.
atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:48:21 AM

restarted, still cant open any of the files from the client from bitcoin.org  but i noticed that the client from bitcoins.com is v 0.3.24 and the one from bitcoin.org is .0.8.2
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:50:53 AM

i just installed the client for bitcoin.org but am unable to get it running. The client i have before is from bitcoins.com i searched for a wallet.dat file but only found wallet.h and wallet.cpp. i sent the webiste and email but im starting to get a little leery with the legitimacy of the site, i noticed theres only about 3 or 4 webpages. im going to restart my comp see if that changes anything.

Is this the address you used? 1Goct84NNkrTt6BYt3vZsooHBWWmXBxuix

Those wallet.(x) files are source code files for the client.
I'm not sure about the linux path to the wallet.dat, but in windows it's c:/users/<user name>/AppData/roaming/Bitcoin. Perhaps linux uses a path similar

atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:54:04 AM

Is this the address you used? 1Goct84NNkrTt6BYt3vZsooHBWWmXBxuix

Those wallet.(x) files are source code files for the client.
I'm not sure about the linux path to the wallet.dat, but in windows it's c:/users/<user name>/AppData/roaming/Bitcoin. Perhaps linux uses a path similar

yes that is the address i used, how did you know that. looked everywhere for wallet.dat file couldnt find it
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:58:09 AM

The blockchain is the ledger like your bank keeps track of fiat. It tracks the history of every Bitcoin. Wink
Don't worry, that is a public address and can NOT be used to steal your coins

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:01:18 AM

Do you have a search function? Search wallet.dat

edit: it looks like you already did that...

atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:01:49 AM

The blockchain is the ledger like your bank keeps track of fiat. It tracks the history of every Bitcoin. Wink
Don't worry, that is a public address and can NOT be used to steal your coins

haha im not worried about u stealing my coins im worried about how to get my coins or at least my $63.95 back. is there anyway i could access that bitcoin address from a different wallet?
atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:02:44 AM

Do you have a search function? Search wallet.dat

already did nothing came up but wallet.h and wallet.cpp Undecided
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:16:37 AM

Try this!
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory#Linux

atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:24:03 AM

well it doesnt really look like it did anything i typed find / wallet.dat -print 2>/dev/null and the next line said /home/alex/.bitcoin/wallet.dat i looekd for it there but couldnt find it
FastBoySlim

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:27:48 AM

Just wait some time, it will work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: