Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:53:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed to recieve my bitcoins  (Read 1608 times)
atl4nti5 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:29:58 AM

Just wait some time, it will work.

its been almost 8 hours now, you think theres still a chance its coming?
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:05:34 AM

i just installed the client for bitcoin.org but am unable to get it running. The client i have before is from bitcoins.com i searched for a wallet.dat file but only found wallet.h and wallet.cpp. i sent the webiste and email but im starting to get a little leery with the legitimacy of the site, i noticed theres only about 3 or 4 webpages. im going to restart my comp see if that changes anything.

Is this the address you used? 1Goct84NNkrTt6BYt3vZsooHBWWmXBxuix

Those wallet.(x) files are source code files for the client.
I'm not sure about the linux path to the wallet.dat, but in windows it's c:/users/<user name>/AppData/roaming/Bitcoin. Perhaps linux uses a path similar

~/.bitcoin/wallet.dat
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:08:10 AM

Check your client is actually getting blocks and is in sync with the network.

Again, if using the client from bitcoin.org, you should see a progress bar at the bottom of the window - if that hasn't moved at all then that would explain your issue and you need to check your firewall settings.

The transaction itself is definitely sent and confirmed so this is a local client issue.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:10:46 AM

Again, if using the client from bitcoin.org, you should see a progress bar at the bottom of the window - if that hasn't moved at all then that would explain your issue and you need to check your firewall settings.

The transaction itself is definitely sent and confirmed so this is a local client issue.

He isn't using the satoshi client. He is using this one http://www.bitcoins.com/

Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:12:05 AM

He isn't using the satoshi client. He is using this one http://www.bitcoins.com/

In that case i'd defer entirely to the developer site
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:13:10 AM

Having said that, the actual download links go to the satoshi sourceforge project
atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:14:12 AM

well thank you guys so much for the help it is greatly appreiciated. im gonna get some sleep and check back on the situation tomorrow.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:18:17 AM

Having said that, the actual download links go to the satoshi sourceforge project

Oh, haha! I didn't realize that  Tongue

Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

well thank you guys so much for the help it is greatly appreiciated. im gonna get some sleep and check back on the situation tomorrow.

The main thing is keeping your wallet.dat safe, do this before messing around any further:

cp /home/alex/.bitcoin/wallet.dat /home/alex/wallet.dat.bak

Then store a copy of wallet.dat.bak somewhere safe - so long as you have the private key contained in that file you haven't lost anything.

One thing i'm obligated to say however: BitInstant can not accept liability for any client or wallet issues as our responsibility is fulfilled once the transaction is sent on the bitcoin network and so any support offered here from myself is purely from me personally and not representative of the company.

With that out of the way, if you're still having issues tomorrow and just can't get it to work, get in touch and i'll assist you in switching to an easier to use wallet.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:19:06 AM

Never heard of bitcoins.com until this came up. For some reason, they link to ancient version of the client on sourceforge. This client is out of date. Try to locate and save your wallet, and move to the legitimate, latest client.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
progambler

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:20:14 AM

I would use more reliable services like MtGox, CampBX, Coinbase, or a trusted seller on localbitcoins.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:43:18 AM

Never heard of bitcoins.com until this came up. For some reason, they link to ancient version of the client on sourceforge. This client is out of date. Try to locate and save your wallet, and move to the legitimate, latest client.

a ha!

That would explain things - there's been some protocol changes right?
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:49:12 AM

I would use more reliable services like MtGox, CampBX, Coinbase, or a trusted seller on localbitcoins.
Read the thread. He used bitinstant, and he received the coins without any problems. He even received free foot massage here from their representative. The problem is that he was using an outdated client which is likely out of sync with the network, so it doesn't show the transaction. Ultimately, the problem is that bitcoins.com, apparently operated by one of your "reliable" services (tibanne, that is mtgox) is irresponsibly abandoning their website and leaving it with outdated information.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:12:43 AM

Read the thread. He used bitinstant, and he received the coins without any problems. He even received free foot massage here from their representative. The problem is that he was using an outdated client which is likely out of sync with the network, so it doesn't show the transaction. Ultimately, the problem is that bitcoins.com, apparently operated by one of your "reliable" services (tibanne, that is mtgox) is irresponsibly abandoning their website and leaving it with outdated information.

this is what i figured the problem was but the problem with that is there is no wallet.dat file in the client i downloaded. I meant to go to bitcoin.org but i guess i was just tired or something and went to bitcoins.com
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:27:06 AM

Don't delete anything! Download the latest client (0.8.2) and run it. It uses the same data dir and should show your coins once synced to the network.

atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:30:34 AM

Don't delete anything! Download the latest client (0.8.2) and run it. It uses the same data dir and should show your coins once synced to the network.

Good il try this when I get home.
emmaq

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:40:58 AM

got your bitcoins yet?
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:43:24 AM

got your bitcoins yet?

raze

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:29:38 PM

I honestly have no idea why I read this whole thread, but I'm curious to see what happens now. *watching*

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
atl4nti5 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:50:36 PM

I opened the new client and it is now synching with the network but its taking forever since i was 116 weeks behind. I hope this works looks more promising than the last client.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: