Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:53:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Perfect Press-Release  (Read 456 times)
Freedcoin (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 03:22:30 PM

Do you believe in such a thing in crypto-currency area? Grin

Lately I've been wondering if there are certain key elements or hook phrases, perhaps, for a not only bearable but also intriguing press-release. Most of those I've seen are either lacking in information or written in such a way that they are hard to comprehend.

Share your thoughts and maybe even examples.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
microtron

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:04:48 PM

I'll have to agree with you there, most companies seem quite difficult to define in a short phrase
crypthomonkey

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:41:31 PM

yeah, the problem exist. Maybe answer is testing your ideas (promo text) on your potential users (you can start with friends (non-professionals in crytho)) and if they understand you - congrats, this material is good.

Almost cryptho ICO companies telling everything about "unique" technology, blockchain algorithm, but nothing about customer life value, why this innovation so important, when they can use it. Understanding who are your audience, when and how your product really can help them - base on which you can write really good promo.
beBearKing

Activity: 256
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:58:59 PM

Monkey, absolutely agree. Simple and truly. But do those research activities require a lot of time and subjects?

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 07:19:13 PM

yeah, the problem exist. Maybe answer is testing your ideas (promo text) on your potential users (you can start with friends (non-professionals in crytho)) and if they understand you - congrats, this material is good.

Almost cryptho ICO companies telling everything about "unique" technology, blockchain algorithm, but nothing about customer life value, why this innovation so important, when they can use it. Understanding who are your audience, when and how your product really can help them - base on which you can write really good promo.

I agree.  The best press release is one that is not too long, gets the main message out in a way that a wide audience can understand, and has contact information where people can refer to the website, etc. if they want more details.

Look for examples in other businesses.  The ones that you think are most readable to you are probably the best ones.  When I write a press release, I usually start with two or three bullet points and then expand those into short, succinct paragraphs.  Wrap it in a quote from someone involved, contact info, and a bio paragraph at the end, and that's a pretty good formula for a winner.

Best of luck!

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
boulecoin

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:20:55 PM

It is common to have a number of press releases for different target journalists
Kat_messy

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:33:04 PM

Hey there) If If this is still actual then I propose: 1. Research your audience. 2. Check "best practice" and texts from leaders in your branch (your competitors) 3. Make "base" text (good advice about points and length) 2. Check "stop words" like "Please consider", "ladies and gentlemen, I present to your attention",  "excuse for troubling", "largest" ets (maybe this would help https://techcrunch.com/2009/08/01/10-words-i-would-love-to-see-banned-from-press-releases/). 3. Test it on real people.
crypthomonkey

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:53:06 PM

Monkey, absolutely agree. Simple and truly. But do those research activities require a lot of time and subjects?
No, it's a hoax) you need 5 or more subjects (read it https://www.nngroup.com/articles/quantitative-studies-how-many-users/), time depends on your task: if read and retell two or three paragraphs - 15 minutes for each subject is enough.
Balleteam

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:38:27 AM

im write someone but moderators think is it was not good informaition ^( Cool press-Release from CripTo for new dance in this marcet is it big boom whith new name but famouse mouse for today , Did not i?
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:24:29 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 06:52:39 AM by milani

Yes, totaly agree with you. Starting from the very beginning first question should be -  should I read something like this and what is interesting for me in the topic, what is the profit or goal in it? Why this can become so interesting for investors, readers and people in everyday life. Because now there is such a trend - cryptocurrency is not so interesting to people only for it's existence, but for how it can work in real everyday life and what are the advantages of it's use for us. Therefore, in my opinion, the ideal press-release is a kind of few words about your own constructive vision of the subject and short main idea and main points of the projet.
voronint

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:04:01 AM

It’s very hard to find a writer who could describe the idea of the project just as you see it yourself. We are facing major problem with that unfortunately.
DelevIsak

Activity: 190

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:44:32 AM

It’s very hard to find a writer who could describe the idea of the project just as you see it yourself. We are facing major problem with that unfortunately.
So why you aren't write by yourself and then give it to writer? Or maybe try to tell him not a technical description, but a story with a hero, plot and main idea. Like to kids) Read more about storytelling technique in PR/press-release/web. Good luck)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: