Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:35:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: coins4charity  (Read 2036 times)
WikiLeaksLover (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:00:59 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 10:40:16 AM by tysat

Hi all, i've concealed my true identity to remain anonymous.

coins4charity(dot)tk

this is my newest venture in support of Wikileaks, The Free Software Foundation, and The Non Profit Recycling and Exchange Network.

Here you can donate numerous altcoins in support of the above mentioned charities.

ADDRESSES REMOVED

The site is unable to accept bitcoins, only the altcoins listed on the website. If you wish to donate bitcoins, you can find information on how to do  so at http://bitcoinsforcharity.org/charities

Also, if you are interested in mining for charity, click on the "KRAD" links under a charity to start mining for that charity.

Sidenote: Funding is needed for a domain name. After searching, i have determined that the registrar Namecheap accepts bitcoin. the domain can be purchased for about 10 USD. If you wish to donate Bitcoins to the cause of getting a website up for this noble charity, please use this address: ADDRESS REMOVED

Thank you for your time,

WILL(WikiLeaksLover)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinscanada

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:04:07 AM

You need to fund raise to collect $10?
WikiLeaksLover (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:03:07 AM

You need to fund raise to collect $10?

yes, to buy a domain name for the site. let me be clear, the site will be used as  a donation site for Wikileaks, the Free Software Foundation, and The Non Profit Recyling and Exchange Network. So  i need $10 to buy the .org, but the donations of alt coins go to the aforementioned charities, and are separate from my endeavor to purchase a domain name.
WikiLeaksLover (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:55:19 AM

i'm bumping this so more can see it. maybe i can find an html programmer to beautify the site a little bit? i did the best i could with my limited knowledge of webdesigns.
Kaepora

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:11:43 AM

i'm bumping this so more can see it. maybe i can find an html programmer to beautify the site a little bit? i did the best i could with my limited knowledge of webdesigns.

You should install and use Joomla its fast and easy
progambler

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:17:08 AM

How do we know you're sending the coins or fiat money to these charities and not just taking it for yourself?
ninjarobots

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 04:24:42 AM

How do we know you're sending the coins or fiat money to these charities and not just taking it for yourself?

Good Question.

WikiLeaksLover If it's for a cause I'm willing to help Smiley drop me a PM
K4T13

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:01:08 AM

Really hope this is legit, supporting charities is great, scamming people who want to help them.. is not. I hope your not the latter <3
WikiLeaksLover (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:54:38 AM

no guys i'm not a scammer. so far i have only recieved one donation from the site. i'm just attempting to bridge the gap in funding charities to support more altcoins, by converting(selling) them for BTC. coins will be sold on the exchange once a week or when there is enough to reasonably sell and send to The charities split 3 ways.
Ghost42

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:34:55 AM

I hope so too,

but a lot of people try to get money by putting on the "charity cap" and collecting from all that want spend money on good projects.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:40:56 AM

Addresses removed from OP.  They are just a copy/paste from http://www.coinbit.pw/ (claiming to be a feeless exchange).  I'm 99% sure OP is a scammer just trying to get money.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 11:00:04 AM

Meh, scam. Prove that you are going to donates to said charities by donating some on your own and proof it to us. Not by saying you are collecting donations for charities and then going direct to get 10USD to "buy a domain name" which you definitely already have if you really wanted to help charities. Shame on you

WikiLeaksLover (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:19:00 AM

Addresses removed from OP.  They are just a copy/paste from http://www.coinbit.pw/ (claiming to be a feeless exchange).  I'm 99% sure OP is a scammer just trying to get money.

what? there arent even any addresses in that page
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:22:53 AM

I'm willing to bet it's your page and you changed it to take away the donation addresses.  You can still pull them up using google cache, good try OP but you still failed.
WikiLeaksLover (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:24:19 AM

Addresses removed from OP.  They are just a copy/paste from http://www.coinbit.pw/ (claiming to be a feeless exchange).  I'm 99% sure OP is a scammer just trying to get money.

I'm willing to bet it's your page and you changed it to take away the donation addresses.  You can still pull them up using google cache, good try OP but you still failed.

so i'm trying to fund my exchange. you caught me.

for the record though, i do plan on getting a .org and running the charity for Free Software Foundation, Wikileaks, and The Non Profit Recycling and Exchange Network. These are all very valuable charities,  The recycling and exchange network pariticularly, since it recycles computers we consider worthless in 1st world countrys and passes them on to less fortunate places in the world. and there is a role to be filled. these charities only accept bitcoin donations, and they need to be accepting altcoin donations as well. i thought a good medium of exchange would be to accept these and trade them on an escrow service for btc. really i was trying to kill two birds with one stone: create a charity and start a fee-less exchange, powered by tribalfusion CPM advertising. I guess i hate the fact that every exchange i make on <insert cryptocurrency site here> is making the owner rich in way of 15-30% fees.
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:46:49 AM

I guess i hate the fact that every exchange i make on <insert cryptocurrency site here> is making the owner rich in way of 15-30% fees.

AFAIK most exchanges has fee rates of 1% or less, not sure which exchanges you're looking at.

Lying isn't a good way to raise money.
WikiLeaksLover (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:49:38 AM

I guess i hate the fact that every exchange i make on <insert cryptocurrency site here> is making the owner rich in way of 15-30% fees.

AFAIK most exchanges has fee rates of 1% or less, not sure which exchanges you're looking at.

1.what does AFAIK mean??

2. technically i wasn't lying, but disguising or concealing parts of my plan.

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:13:42 PM

1.what does AFAIK mean??

1. AFAIK = as far as i know

2. Technically it may not have been lying, but close enough.
WikiLeaksLover (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:26:40 PM

1.what does AFAIK mean??

1. AFAIK = as far as i know

2. Technically it may not have been lying, but close enough.
no, its not the same though. no one would donate if i said hey, i need funding to start a feeless escrow service powered by CPM advertising. they would have laughed me off the board. Thats when i came up with the idea of a charity that takes unwanted/unused altcoins. i saw a mutually beneficial relationship. I get what i want, users get what they want, everyone gets a cheap escrow service that doesn't nickle and dime you to death, and the gap is finally bridged between cryptocoin charity donations. fuck

I mean the second i would have mentioned that i would also be using a portion (%5) of all altcoin donations to fund my escrow project(which really needs its own vps as well as a stockpile of each coin to get started) users would have called foul and both ideas would be dead.
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:21:18 PM

Here's what I've seen from OP (writing to put it on record):

Claims to be starting a charity and taking donations in pretty much all coins
I removed addresses from the post, newbie creating a charity seems sketchy/scammy to me
Searched the BTC donation address on google and it linked me to http://www.coinbit.pw/
http://www.coinbit.pw/ talked about taking donations to be used to create a no fee exchange
OP edits (what I believe is) his webpage to remove donation addresses

I check google cache, webpage shows the addresses that matched OPs charity donation addresses.  OP finally admits being caught

I'm willing to bet it's your page and you changed it to take away the donation addresses.  You can still pull them up using google cache, good try OP but you still failed.

so i'm trying to fund my exchange. you caught me.

for the record though, i do plan on getting a .org and running the charity for Free Software Foundation, Wikileaks, and The Non Profit Recycling and Exchange Network. These are all very valuable charities,  The recycling and exchange network pariticularly, since it recycles computers we consider worthless in 1st world countrys and passes them on to less fortunate places in the world. and there is a role to be filled. these charities only accept bitcoin donations, and they need to be accepting altcoin donations as well. i thought a good medium of exchange would be to accept these and trade them on an escrow service for btc. really i was trying to kill two birds with one stone: create a charity and start a fee-less exchange, powered by tribalfusion CPM advertising. I guess i hate the fact that every exchange i make on <insert cryptocurrency site here> is making the owner rich in way of 15-30% fees.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: