Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:35:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have Wattman working with TeamViewer or Remote Desktop?  (Read 467 times)
tf2addict (OP)

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:20:58 PM

Wattman just displays a white window (or sometimes translucent) in both of those remote viewing apps.  So I literally have no way to use Wattman remotely, I have to plug in a monitor and keyboard/mouse to the rig.  Very irritating.

Why don't I just use Afterburner?  Afterburner doesn't work with my AMD cards, never has.  That's a whole nother problem.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:03:00 AM

Why don't I just use Afterburner?  Afterburner doesn't work with my AMD cards, never has.  That's a whole nother problem.

Well I guess, this is associated with your problem, All my AMD rigs can do remotely and can open up wattman or MSI Afterburner to do configuration or play around with it, you may try to fix this first, as I see something is messing up with your wattman or MSI application, I am using teamviewer to do remote and sometimes VNC and I dont encounter any problem with it.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 06:00:53 AM

All of my gpu rigs managed remotely with teamviewer , never had any problems like you have  , all my build is from amd cards rx470/rx480/rx580

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
bouldou

Activity: 403
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:03:47 AM

It's really strange Afterburner don't work with your setup... It should be ok

Are you using the latest AMD Mining driver ? Then you should go to the topic on bitcointalk and check for some advice to make it work with Afterburner

Good luck

Vous voulez une Lambo ? Investissez dans le YENTEN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2706079.0
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 08:46:47 AM

All of my gpu rigs managed remotely with teamviewer , never had any problems like you have  , all my build is from amd cards rx470/rx480/rx580

2 of my rigs are still running (I checked in pool) but when I login to Teamview, it always likes "initializing display parameters".
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 12:43:16 PM

Wattman only works if a monitor is plugged in. A HDMI to vga dummy plug can simulate a monitor: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/laptop-to-projector-hdmi-to-vga-cable-converter-adapter-hdmi-vga-video-convertor-hdmi-vga-cable/32516776717.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: