Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:10:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Split screen, control & viewing multiple rigs.  (Read 460 times)
siforek (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:04:00 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 12:17:25 AM by siforek

I've got a big box with a few rigs in it. I'm mounting a monitor on one of the doors & while I could just plug the display & the keyboard USB dongle into another rig every time I needed to switch, I'd like to split the screen & show all of them if possible & find a better way to use 1 USB keyboard for all the rigs. It seems KMV is my best bet & while it doesn't split the screen the way I wanted it does give me lots of control even remotely.

Any suggestions on hardware/setup. I've never needed to use KMV.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 12:57:39 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 01:20:58 AM by xxcsu

Install Teamviewer on each rig you have.
Then you can monitor your rigs from your pc on your desk Smiley and you can use your PC keyboard , mouse to control your rigs.
Set the mobo bios power settings to turn on after power failure or outage .
If you are using claymore's software for mining , use the built in Remote manager ,  ETHMAN ( included in the download )
Very easy ,and u did not have to spend any money Smiley

something like this :

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:02:26 AM

Then you can monitor your rigs from your pc on your desk Smiley and you can use your PC keyboard , mouse to control your rigs.
If you are using claymore's software for mining , use the built in Remote manager ,  ETHMAN ( included in the download )

something like this :

I dont get this how this great making me wow how can you do that in each rigs? you need t control them by getting password from each computers.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 02:30:44 AM

What you can do with claymores ETHMAN :
Monitoring your RIGS gpu temp , hashing speed
Get email notification if any gpu is to hot , your rig hashrate dropped or if your rig went off line
Remotely you can reboot the whole computer , or just restart the miner software
You can enable/disable GPU's
Change config txt , send it to the miner
view miner console ...

What you can do with Teamviewer :
everything above plus controlling the whole pc , see the miner pc desktop on your computer screen from all over the world Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
joshuajones02

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:59:14 AM

Teamviewer is the shit and its free.. Can even access them easily from your mobile device

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol     
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
siforek (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:27:29 AM

I can already reboot any of my rigs remotely with my Sonoff POW(track wattage too). I'm now usong SimpleMining.net but can SSH into each rig if needed. This was mostly for local access & to use 1 display for all rigs.

An 8 port remotely controllable KMV if way too expensive right now.

Anyone know any good ways to show multiple display ports on one monitor. Like 4 inputs, 1 output, kind of like CCTV DVRs do..
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:22:01 AM

If you are using claymore's software for mining , use the built in Remote manager ,  ETHMAN ( included in the download )

something like this :
http://beszeljukmeg.com/ETH/scr01.JPG

I dont get this how this great making me wow how can you do that in each rigs? you need t control them by getting password from each computers.

Have a little effort to google stuff; you don't need to enter passwords and such, you can even make shortcuts like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" -i  192.168.1.x --Password password

It's recommended to setup Teamviewer on all rigs to only accept LAN connections (Incoming LAN connections >accept exclusively) so your rigs are safe even if Teamviewer screws up or something. And that way you can also use your rig's local IP addresses to connect instead of the Teamviewer addresses.

I use the same setup as xxcsu and I just have a 3rd monitor dedicated to Teamviewer windows. I also have a neat macro that automatically opens all Teamviewer windows and nicely resizes and puts them on the 3rd monitor.

Not your keys, not your coins!
siforek (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:38:59 PM

If you are using claymore's software for mining , use the built in Remote manager ,  ETHMAN ( included in the download )

something like this :
http://beszeljukmeg.com/ETH/scr01.JPG

Have a little effort to google stuff; you don't need to enter passwords and such, you can even make shortcuts like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" -i  192.168.1.x --Password password

It's recommended to setup Teamviewer on all rigs to only accept LAN connections (Incoming LAN connections >accept exclusively) so your rigs are safe even if Teamviewer screws up or something. And that way you can also use your rig's local IP addresses to connect instead of the Teamviewer addresses.

I use the same setup as xxcsu and I just have a 3rd monitor dedicated to Teamviewer windows. I also have a neat macro that automatically opens all Teamviewer windows and nicely resizes and puts them on the 3rd monitor.

I don't use Windows, nor will I ever. I'm most likely going to setup a Raspberry Pi & SSH into mulltiple rigs to display them all on 1 screen.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:48:53 PM

You can use TeamViewer on Linux

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-install-TeamViewer-on-my-Linux-distribution/ta-p/4351
siforek (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:52:43 PM

Thanks but no. I can SSH into them just fine without installing anything. Plus my original goal was to simply not have to un/plug keyboard & monitor every time I wanted to see/work on a different rig. A KMV switch is best for that, especially if you're troubleshooting.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: