Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:25:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $800 Electric Bill . . + My Current GPU Mining Profitability  (Read 4879 times)
BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 03:05:04 PM

Nice setup and videos. Really like seeing what other people have going on in the "home" miner sections.

When I was in Nevada my all-in elec was around the $0.115, so pretty high. As the guy above said, Washington has pretty dang cheap power.

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:32:26 PM

long term and to pay it off then a huge farm is needed and that will take sometime.

My farm is not "huge" by any measure.

I just don't insist on living "high on the hog" while I get it established and grow it.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:44:28 PM

I'm fully aware of the issues of moving - I just DID so last summer.

If you're going to be serious about long-term profitable mining, though, you NEED to get somewhere with low electric cost.

Quint, could you share how much the lease is per sf?

VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 01:46:38 PM

Renvu (large solar supplier in CA) is running a free shipping special this week, so I broke down and ordered 48 280W panels and the needed ground mount hardware to do another 2 x 24 panel arrays.  This will boost my production by another 13.44Kw.  Cheesy

These are the panels I got:

https://www.renvu.com/Solar-Products/Mono-Poly-Crystalline-Solar-Modules/AXITEC-AXIBlackPremium-280W-ALL-BLACK-Mono

That should bring my cost per kWh back down close to $ 0.00 per kWh, at least until I add a bunch more rigs.
ugh, I'm so jealous of your setup that makes it . . even more awesome xD

Honestly its clearly deserved though as the amount of work you put in is insane

When you're looking at solar array pieces, what is the ideal $ for power formula? so roughly what you just ordered is 200x48 output = 13.44 kw ?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 01:47:19 PM

Nice setup and videos. Really like seeing what other people have going on in the "home" miner sections.

When I was in Nevada my all-in elec was around the $0.115, so pretty high. As the guy above said, Washington has pretty dang cheap power.
Thanks brother! Honestly this thread has got me thinking about moving out there over the next couple years haha xD

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
mhcd

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:12:31 PM

Any chance you can buy solar?
Aureliusy

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:32:00 PM

wow really nice "remote location" solar setup. Living the dream
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:08:27 PM

I'm fully aware of the issues of moving - I just DID so last summer.

If you're going to be serious about long-term profitable mining, though, you NEED to get somewhere with low electric cost.

Quint, could you share how much the lease is per sf?

Where I'm at right now, about 50 cents per square foot per month for a space that is about half office, half warehouse setup - but this can vary widely, Wenatchee is noticeably higher most of the time on the Craigslist listings I've seen in the size range I keep an eye on (but probably lower on LARGE spaces, like most areas).

I'm wondering when OP is going to rig up a large hamster-type wheel for his kid to run on to generate a few extra watts.
 9-)

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: