Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:31:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worth investing in a Antminer R4?  (Read 1022 times)
AkaSnake (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:55:39 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 12:49:21 AM by AkaSnake

Hello guys, I'm willing to invest into getting an Antminer R4 quite soon, do you think it's worth it? Smiley I was looking on niceash and the profits/earnings per month are pretty great.

Any tips? If not the R4 then what else? Also can the R4 mine both Bitcoin and LiteCoin? Thank you!

Edit: I was also looking at  the AntMiner L3+ which seems to be really good profit wise to mine LiteCoin, I would like some recommendations from you guys please, thanks a lot again!

Edit #2: I'm thinking it might be more worthwhile to invest in an AntMiner L3+ and mine LiteCoin while the difficulty is not too high and I believe there is a chance that there will be a rise like it happened with BitCoin,
thoughts?

Update: Getting an Antminer R4 for 809.00 US Dollar this week, thoughts? Feel free to reply.
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:35:00 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

At this point investing in mining equipment is a complete gamble. The market seems to be flooded with new machines, the one with a longer delivery term as the other.

Don't forget that difficulty will skyrocket with every new batch of miners hitting the market and going online.

R4, it can only mine Bitcoin (or other SHA256 coins). I'm wondering where you're able to buy one (or more), as I've been looking around to buy one or two of that model, as I want them to be in a home that has almost free electricity, but so far haven't been able to even find someone offering one Smiley

L3+ is interesting if you can get them right now or very soon, for a reasonable price, any "regular" order is again "hoping for the best".

Oh, and it's almost never worthwhile to mine Litecoin direct, it would be better to use a multipool that switches between coins to mine the one that's the most profitable.
AkaSnake (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:54:27 PM

Thank you for your suggestions. Any other opinions are welcome too, I'm trying to get as much feedback as possible Smiley

So mining Bitcoin would be more efficient than mining Litcoin at this point? Then I could just trade some bitcoin for Litcoin?
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:04:29 PM

Thank you for your suggestions. Any other opinions are welcome too, I'm trying to get as much feedback as possible Smiley

So mining Bitcoin would be more efficient than mining Litcoin at this point? Then I could just trade some bitcoin for Litcoin?

Well, one could argue that the scrypt difficulty will go up quicker than for example SHA 256, as there's a huge load of miners about to hit the market in the next few months.

At this point I'm mainly looking for an R4 as they're silent. Well, "silent".
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:54:39 PM

Hello guys, I'm willing to invest into getting an Antminer R4 quite soon, do you think it's worth it? Smiley I was looking on niceash and the profits/earnings per month are pretty great.

Any tips? If not the R4 then what else? Also can the R4 mine both Bitcoin and LiteCoin? Thank you!

Edit: I was also looking at  the AntMiner L3+ which seems to be really good profit wise to mine LiteCoin, I would like some recommendations from you guys please, thanks a lot again!

Edit #2: I'm thinking it might be more worthwhile to invest in an AntMiner L3+ and mine LiteCoin while the difficulty is not too high and I believe there is a chance that there will be a rise like it happened with BitCoin, thoughts?

you should take into account your power costs
R4 should be fine if yor energy costs are low,it is very quiet and more  reliable than r9,for example
it can only mine bitcoins or any other sha256 coin,whatever is the most profitable at a given point in time
before buying run every possible scenario using mining calculators
to answer your second question: litecoin mining (or other altcoins x11 or scrypt compatible) is more profitable at the moment
as for the sudden price peak,I would not be too optimistic as litecoins and almost every other coin's prices are connected to bitcoin price
there was an epic litecoin price spike from 2$ to 20$+ but that was long ago and unlikely to happen again

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:58:10 PM

I'm holding out until the new Nipponese 7nm node comes online.

We REALLY need commodity ASIC hardware to break up the current concentration of hashrate.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
AkaSnake (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:22:42 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 06:37:11 PM by AkaSnake

I found someone where I live that I can get either a R4 or L3+ from.

I'm just trying to find out if it would be more profitable to main bitcoins with the R4 or get the L3 to mine litcoins.

Thoughts before I do anything? Smiley

Edit: Those two might be too pricey for me though, so I might go for the S7 or S9, would that be okay to mine bitcoins too?

Edit #2: I can get a R4 for $1000 canadian, I'm pretty sure ill go for it, what do you guys think? Smiley

The seller sent me this: https://i.imgur.com/6x0CAkm.jpg

Seems good?
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:47:41 PM

Looks like it's running good, if you can trust it's actually their unit's GUI.  And you'll LOVE your R4, it's the only current gen miner that you can be in the same room with and keep your hearing, have a conversation, even sleep...  Wink

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:53:52 PM

We REALLY need commodity ASIC hardware to break up the current concentration of hashrate.
So not planning to mine for a few years then eh? I suggest you peruse the 7nm thread paying attention to what is not only said by folks who WORK IN THE SEMICONDUCTOR industry but also is documented in various semiconductor industry publications about where the current node sizes are at.

PR releases such as the GMO crap is just that - crap - and is only intended to attract more Investards. Frankly it sounds rather like Sonny from the long-defunct BFL found a new home with GMO...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
AkaSnake (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:55:08 PM

Looks like it's running good, if you can trust it's actually their unit's GUI.  And you'll LOVE your R4, it's the only current gen miner that you can be in the same room with and keep your hearing, have a conversation, even sleep...  Wink

Damn that's awesome haha and yeah I'll make sure it's actually his unit's GUI.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:07:21 PM

So not planning to mine for a few years then eh? I suggest you peruse the 7nm thread paying attention to what is not only said by folks who WORK IN THE SEMICONDUCTOR industry but also is documented in various semiconductor industry publications about where the current node sizes are at.

PR releases such as the GMO crap is just that - crap - and is only intended to attract more Investards. Frankly it sounds rather like Sonny from the long-defunct BFL found a new home with GMO...

yeah, I hear that.

I know that none other than Intel has, again, delayed their 10nm node.  Its just that the last several bits of kit I have purchased I would have done better just buying the crypto at that time with the money.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
AkaSnake (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:02:52 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 08:30:35 PM by AkaSnake

So from what I've read from you guys and the research I did I'm thinking I should really take the opportunity and go for the Antminer R4 Smiley

Edit: What do you guys think, good move? Smiley
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:57:18 PM

So from what I've read from you guys and the research I did I'm thinking I should really take the opportunity and go for the Antminer R4 Smiley

If there's more than one on sale I'm very interested Wink
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:38:46 PM

I did.  Cool

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
AkaSnake (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:07:41 PM

I did.  Cool

What do you mean, you're currently using an Antminer R4? Cheesy

If there's more than one on sale I'm very interested Wink

Sadly he only has one R4
radeone

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 12:36:29 AM

just depends on how cheap and how fast you can get it. if you dont pay for power or have a renewable source of electricity mileage may vary.

ICO IS NOW LIVE    ▐┃▌    1WORLD ONLINE    ▐┃▌    WHITEPAPER
✣ ✣ ✣ ┃ Revolutionizing ONLINE MEDIA with BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY and incentives for AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT™ ┃ ✣ ✣ ✣
ANN \ / TELEGRAM \ / FACEBOOK \ / WHATSAPP \ / TWITTER \ / KAKAOTALK
AkaSnake (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:48:21 AM

just depends on how cheap and how fast you can get it. if you dont pay for power or have a renewable source of electricity mileage may vary.

I'm getting it this week, for 809.00 US Dollar.
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:39:35 AM

I'd offer you 900 USD for it, if you weren't keeping it Wink
AkaSnake (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:34:51 AM

I'd offer you 900 USD for it, if you weren't keeping it Wink

Sorry Haha Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: