Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:06:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there more wallet for ethereum?  (Read 318 times)
Jaycee99 (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:55:24 AM

Guys First do not judge me because I am a Full Member.

I just want to ask if you get to ask to provide ethereum wallet. What is the wallet you give and use? is this poloniex.com one of them?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2221

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 07:36:55 AM

I just want to ask if you get to ask to provide ethereum wallet. What is the wallet you give and use? is this poloniex.com one of them?
poloniex.com is an exchange. So if you deposit your Ether or any other coins they do not belong to you because you don’t have the private key of their wallet. Always use wallets where you can keep the private key.

I use the official Ethereum Wallet and GETH in light modus. Need some moves to run it in light modus but you don’t have to download the whole blockchain then.
Another wallet is myetherwallet which I don’t use.
jules-jules

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:39:31 AM

+1 for MEW (myetherwallet). Also Parity is a good choice.
Blakscorpion

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

CryptoFan

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:44:58 AM

Myetherwallet is also a good and strong wallet.

You have to understand the difference between exchange (where you trade), and wallet, (where you store).
A wallet is the interface between your computer and the blockchain.
The exchange also store your coin when you want to trade them, but it's less secure because they store it on their servers, so if the server is hacked, your coins are lost. MyEtherWallet can't be hacked as the same way, because it's not a website, it's not storing anything, it's just making the link to the blockchain.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 07:48:47 AM

I dont judge anyone based on their rank. I was and still am a newbie with a little bit of experience.

Poloniex is an exchange, where you buy/sell or in other words "trade" cryptocurrencies. You should not use poloniex as a wallet for collecting tokens or so because they control your private keys. Never use an exchange ETH address for any ICO.

You have to use a wallet like Mist which is a desktop wallet. MyEtherWallet.com which is a web wallet. I use both and personally I think Mist sucks because you have to wait long time for the blocks to sync before you can transact. MyEtherWallet is better where I can upload the keystore JSON from Mist and then transact/collect tokens without having to do a full sync.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
SpiritOfLife

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:49:47 AM

do you know the diffirent about exchanger and wallet?
i will judge you because you not interestint to learning, you will find more at google, searching it
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:58:32 AM

Do not use poloniex to store your ethereum because polo will not give you the private key for your address and some users having problems withdrawing their coins in polo. If you want to store big amount of ethereum I suggest you to buy hardware wallet (Ledger Nano S or Trezor) or you can use the official ethereum wallet (Mist) and install it on your desktop. Jaxx and Mew also one of the best.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:58:49 AM

It depends on where you are being asked to provide the ethereum wallet address. Firstly, if you are participating in a bounty campaign in ERC20 token and you have been asked to provide a wallet, then your best move is myetherwallet.com (MEW). Just generate a wallet there, save all your details and send the public address. (Please make sure you keep your priv key or the backup file you downloaded cause that is the only way you will be able to access it back easily on that platform). However, if it is just a normal address, there are so many wallet such as Exodus with multiple asset platform including ethereum and you can just make use of this. I chose Exodus since it gives you access to your private key as well.

But please, unless you want to trade, you do not have any business with poloniex and the rest. Don't ever leave your funds in an exchange wallet.
ninjabiz

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:00:28 AM

Myetherwallet is the best and official one, no bug, but be aware of phishing sites.
bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2221

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 10:30:56 AM

Mist sucks because you have to wait long time for the blocks to sync before you can transact. MyEtherWallet is better where I can upload the keystore JSON from Mist and then transact/collect tokens without having to do a full sync.
You can either use mist or ethereum wallet in light mode:
I use the official Ethereum Wallet and GETH in light modus. Need some moves to run it in light modus but you don’t have to download the whole blockchain then.

Myetherwallet is the best and official one
Im not sure whether that is the official one!
veraoktav127

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:31:43 AM

poloniex? which I know is not a wallet but a tool exchange for trading
wallet that I use is myetherumwallet

PHOENEX EXCHANGE                       
                               ● Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ●                               
TELEGRAMREDDITREDDITMEDIUMFACEBOOK   ◣WHITEPAPER   
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:45:24 AM

I am always using myetherwallet i dint face any issue till now its good and reliable till now and also easy to create account there is still some more wallet like mist or other but i dint try any of the wallet till now.
moataz_ansary

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:28:47 PM

Myetherwallet is best one
More secure
Trust
And support most of new token ico
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:58:00 PM

I am using myetherwallet,
Yeeaah,, although electrum does not require any resgitration.
But all the wallets have advantages and disadvantages

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: