Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:24:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-09-26] Cointelegraph: Chinese ICO Ban May End After Oct. 18 ...  (Read 2066 times)
Mi5h0 (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:23:36 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 10:44:30 AM by Mi5h0

https://cointelegraph.com/news/chinese-ico-ban-may-end-after-oct-18-with-communist-congress-elections

There’s no guarantee that a new government will reverse the ICO and exchange ban that has plagued crypto markets in recent weeks. Nevertheless, there may well be political motives to the ban that will make it unnecessary after the elections are complete, according to Forbes.

Good news might come faster than you expect Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:31:17 AM

lol

This really hurts Charlie Lee's reputation. 3 possibilities exist:

1. Charlie Lee was not smart enough to realise that the Chinese government would have little choice but to change their mind. Charlie still chose to lend his reputation to the "China banning Bitcoin" message

2. Charlie Lee was not smart enough to realise that the Chinese government were simply manipulating the Bitcoin price. Charlie still chose to lend his reputation to the "China banning Bitcoin" message

3. Charlie actually knew either or both of the above points. Charlie still chose to lend his reputation to the "China banning Bitcoin" message

Looks bad for Charlie Lee, and Bobby Lee really, whichever way you look at it.

Vires in numeris
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:46:24 AM

I agree with Carlton, I don't think they have thought this through very much. Governments will always follow the will of the people and without the people's support then they will not be able to continue whatever they want to do. I guess this is welcoming news and possibly why bitcoins are going up again. I just hope for a more positive response.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:26:00 AM

These are good news for Chinese citizens, but I don't think it will make big changes in the bitcoin price. they already did their thing, and the market already adjusted and proved that China does not own bitcoin. So although the price will probably go up, I hope it doesn't have a dramatic impact. Of course I want the price to go up, but if the market proves that it is no longer heavily influenced by a single country, it will just prove that it is more mature and stronger, and potential investors will trust it more.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2366
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:38:41 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/chinese-ico-ban-may-end-after-oct-18-with-communist-congress-elections

There’s no guarantee that a new government will reverse the ICO and exchange ban that has plagued crypto markets in recent weeks. Nevertheless, there may well be political motives to the ban that will make it unnecessary after the elections are complete, according to Forbes.

Good news might come faster than you expect Wink

thanks for sharing this information about the end of ICO banned from the china government, the bitcoiner community are very happy about this news, and bitcoin goes pumping again and backing ups in the old price before dumping.

Zamany

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:47:43 AM

thats good news for future bitcoin investment Smiley
also for ICO investor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: