Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 10:23:50 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting started with GUIMiner  (Read 1419 times)
mimbsky (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:25:36 AM

Hey there!

I have had a look through the forums and still haven't found anything, so maybe this is some issue regarding myself. I currently use the miner provided by Slush's pool and for some reason, I don't think I am maximising my GPU. I am aware that since I am running a Nvidia chip, I should not expect spectacular results, but only 25 Mhash/s from a GTX650 seems a little low. I would like to attempt to run a CUDA core miner, but whenever I do, GUIMiner simply sits. It seems as though it is searching for a specific .exe in a directory that doesn't exist and does not appear to be included in any of the folders in the zip files. I have tried the googlemachine and it turns up with a dead-end wiki article which simply explains some of the backstory of the miner. This hopefully is simple user error and an issue on my part.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some shred of information!

mimbsky
Kaepora

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:56:45 AM

Hey there!

I have had a look through the forums and still haven't found anything, so maybe this is some issue regarding myself. I currently use the miner provided by Slush's pool and for some reason, I don't think I am maximising my GPU. I am aware that since I am running a Nvidia chip, I should not expect spectacular results, but only 25 Mhash/s from a GTX650 seems a little low. I would like to attempt to run a CUDA core miner, but whenever I do, GUIMiner simply sits. It seems as though it is searching for a specific .exe in a directory that doesn't exist and does not appear to be included in any of the folders in the zip files. I have tried the googlemachine and it turns up with a dead-end wiki article which simply explains some of the backstory of the miner. This hopefully is simple user error and an issue on my part.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some shred of information!

mimbsky

You should try out cudaminer : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0
we can help you out

First make sure you have the latest drivers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: