Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:12:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Again  (Read 637 times)
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:48:55 PM

Even if it crashes this time, it wont be that bad because people are actually using bitcoins in their everyday life's, in their business etc. At that time no one was using bitcoin as a mainstream currency which might have caused people lose confidence in it.

Are you 100% sure about that if the damage was as widespread as Mt. Gox?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:06:31 PM

Guys, I think OP is talking about the stock market crash in 2008 when the housing bubble topped. Nothing to do with Bitcoin in 2008, but how would Bitcoin react if we saw a new crash in traditional markets.
So much confusion in this thread

Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:18:24 PM

If that happen the price of bitcoin go back again like that year its very risky because they have possible bitcoin will not see again or die. But maybe it will happen for sure it will increase again the price and we have chances to buy more bitcoin with cheap price and we will earn a lot of profit for if the price increase. But im contented of what the price of bitcoin and other currency now and I hope it will increase more.
MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:23:17 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 12:05:37 AM by MiF

Imagine if tomorrow occurs a crash like 2008. What do you think will happen to the price of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?

Bitcoin and altcoins value will going down of course, but most of the people since that year are already have a wide experiences of bitcoin struggles  so therefore instead of panicking it will going to be an another opportunity to buy more coins at the cheaper price then once again the bitcoin value will bounce back to going high again and its will be looks like nothing happen.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

xaxistech

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:27:07 PM

All those who replied to this thread posted false information about it, he is obviously reffering to when the economic bubble of US crashed on 2008, and bitcoin did not even exist when it happened, you should know a little bit more about bitcoin history, it was created on 2009, and the first exchanges appeared on 2010.
And i dont think that this "bubble" can be compared to the bubble of 2008, because now we are talking about cryptocurrencies, and i dont think that it can crash like that.

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:15:13 AM

All those who replied to this thread posted false information about it, he is obviously reffering to when the economic bubble of US crashed on 2008, and bitcoin did not even exist when it happened, you should know a little bit more about bitcoin history, it was created on 2009, and the first exchanges appeared on 2010.
And i dont think that this "bubble" can be compared to the bubble of 2008, because now we are talking about cryptocurrencies, and i dont think that it can crash like that.

Guys, I think OP is talking about the stock market crash in 2008 when the housing bubble topped. Nothing to do with Bitcoin in 2008, but how would Bitcoin react if we saw a new crash in traditional markets.
So much confusion in this thread

Yes, already pointed that out, but he is asking what will Bitcoin do if that happened "tomorrow"

So this was my response which I firmly believe

A crash like 2008 is a risk off situation. People don't freak out about threat of financial ruin only to take that money and jump right into another, even higher risk asset. That's not to say over time some money won't make its way over to bitcoin, but it won't just funnel straight from one side to the other either. An outright crash in traditional markets may be seen like ww3 in that it will end life as we know it. It would be utterly devastating for many people and businesses, and would likely spoil economy's world wide. I don't think it would be good for Bitcoin... At least not immediately. Obviously there would be speculative rally's as traders who think it would be great, buy before all the laggards, but it will be unsustainable in the longer term and eventually fall back.

Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:36:43 AM

Imagine if tomorrow occurs a crash like 2008. What do you think will happen to the price of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?

Bitcoin price will crashed unto ground but if that happen i will buy more bitcoin because it will become cheaper again in which i believed the panic will be opposite this time that instead of dumping and selling it will be a panic of buying because most people are always waiting and hoping that bitcoin will become cheaper so that they can keep for themselves too and enjoy the increasing value next time.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: