Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:21:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexon purchased Korbit - the second largest exchange in South Korea  (Read 239 times)
no0dlepunk (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:59:53 PM

Though the China seems to be losing interest with bitcoins, I have read about Japan and Korea making their move over the bitcoin community in Asia. source: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/south-koreas-second-largest-exchange-korbit-acquired-at-150-million-valuation/

Nexon, a Japanese gaming company acquired Korbit, which is the second largest exchange in South Korea. In my opinion, these two giants are planning to take over the bitcoin community in the southeast, since China already lost it's appetite towards crypto-currency (at least, for now).

Somehow, it feels good to have these two countries merging together in the name of cryptocurrency... knowing Japan as the gamers-slash-geek's lair in the southeast, and Korea as a tech-giant-nation; who else should care about China, after all?

I hope this news had lighten up your morning....

PS. hey, I hope you won't mind hitting this click bait. --> https://thenoodlepunk.wordpress.com/ cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:10:33 PM

Nexon, a Japanese gaming company acquired Korbit, which is the second largest exchange in South Korea. In my opinion, these two giants are planning to take over the bitcoin community in the southeast,
an exchange is hardly the "bitcoin community"!!
the only reason they are doing that is because there is a good chance of exploiting and making a lot of money. if you check the Korean exchanges you can see how fake they have been and how many altcoin pump and dumps the exchange itself is doing!

since China already lost it's appetite towards crypto-currency (at least, for now).
not at all.
the government has banned ICOs which we all know what a good move it was.
and also they have closed the exchanges but not at all trading. the volume coming from China is still big.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
no0dlepunk (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:59:39 AM

an exchange is hardly the "bitcoin community"!!
the only reason they are doing that is because there is a good chance of exploiting and making a lot of money. if you check the Korean exchanges you can see how fake they have been and how many altcoin pump and dumps the exchange itself is doing!
Where the hell in the my post did I say that an exchange defines the bitcoin community? Your replies are damn too aggressive.

not at all.
the government has banned ICOs which we all know what a good move it was.
and also they have closed the exchanges but not at all trading. the volume coming from China is still big.
Hell yeah? can you share your source on "the volume coming from China is still big."?

here is mine:
Currently, the Japanese yen accounts for 47.3% of BTC volume by currency, followed by the U.S. Dollar with 32.52%, which adds up to almost 80%. China's share, which was hovering around 90% levels a year ago, is now condensed to 4.54%. While the South Korean won and euro are at 7.34% and 4.85% respectively, according to cryptocompare.
source: http://www.investopedia.com/news/bitcoins-price-behaving-sticky/

no offense meant to you, sir... just for the readers' sake.
Raxitto

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:21:33 PM

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced the creation of a Cyber ​​Unit that will address violations involving Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) and early crypto-currency offerings (ICOs). of other virtual crimes. According to an official statement from the US financial market regulator, the aim is to protect small investors from criminal misconduct and investment mischief. Korbit, South Korea's Bitcoin brokerage firm and Nexon, a US game developer, have signed a stock purchase agreement in which the gaming company acquires the brokerage's management rights. Nexon bought a 65% stake in Korbit for $ 80 million. CoinMarketCap data indicate that the crypto-currencies broker trades about 11,500 Bitcoins daily. The volume positions the company among the top 15 digital currency brokers in the world.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: