Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:36:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie (me) trying to invest in a project  (Read 473 times)
ElPedras (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:02:23 PM

Hi,
I'm new to this community and I'm trying to understand quick a lot of information in a short period of time.
If you can and have the time please share with me the steps I have to take to make a investment into a new ICO project. Let's say from the begining that this project is interesting and fiable, what are the steps that I have to take from the moment that I have the BTC/ETH until that ICO project will be released: how do I contribute to the project, how will they know that it was me who sended the contribution, how will I get the new tokens, where will I be able to get the new wallet, and other and other things that you consider important to know and it will be helpfull)
(If there is another discoution with simmilar question please send that link - I couldn't find it)
Thank you in advance.
supermario64

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:50:09 PM

best advice i have is to tag along to one of the big popular projects and do a small investment - like maybe $5 to $10 - just to go through the process and figure it out.
ElPedras (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:17:39 PM

Thanks for the advice guys.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:34:05 PM

Welcome to the community.

Let’s say you have already decided on the project you want to invest in and you have the BTC/ETH on hand. Firstly,
you have to identify whether the project collect funds in BTC, ETH or other altcoins and you have to send the funds accordingly. One important point, you have to send BTC or ETH from a wallet you have full control which means you own the private key to your wallet. Do not send from cryptocurrencies exchange such as Bittrex, Coinbase and etc.

Example of wallets that are popular.

BTC: Blockchain.com
ETH: Myetherwallet

After you have send the funds to the project, you will receive your ICO coins USUALLY in this manner.
ETH: The tokens will be sent to you wallet address and you are able to see the ICO coins in myetherwallet
BTC and other altcoins: You will be provided a way to claim your ICO coins
I suggest you to read the project contribution methods carefully because not all the ICO projects operate in the same way. For example, mobilego project has a dashboard and allow you to receive the project coins in either ETH wallet or Waves wallets.

Feel free to ask in the ICO ANN thread if you have any doubts.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

db71

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Dutch CORION Provider

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 05:50:29 PM

If you are new in the cryptocurrency, then I wouldn't start with an ICO. Most ICO's have bonuses, but most ICO's are very volatile when launched, so the bonuses are sometimes negligible and not worth the risk. Some coins will collapse completely after an ICO and some do ride to the moon. You have to really study the whitepapers and follow the media/forums/tweets and so and hope that you pick the right ICO.

You could maybe start with a coin which is just released on exchanges, so the first dip or rise is over and you can choose a coin with a steady growth after the first volatile period. I myself have followed 1 ICO (CORION) and that coin is just released on Cryptopia (but there is a deposit issue which have to be fixed first at Cryptopia's side) and has a stable-price system. The profit is that you can gain more coins if there is demand for the [Suspicious link removed]d luck in crypto...

Dutch CORION Provider Introducing CORION crypto to the consumer market!
ElPedras (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:56:07 AM

Thank you all for reply.
This week I'll have my first investment. Smiley
Have a great cypto day Smiley
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:01:32 AM

My only advice is to do a background search for the Devs and make sure that they are legit and capable on running a Project or to make it simple, Make sure if the Devs skills are suitable for the project objective. And also to make sure that the ICO project you choose is good. Choose the project that collected huge amount during early period of crowdsale.

Crptotradr

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:13:30 AM

Lots of great answers here.

That is what is great about the community on bitcointalk.

Best of luck with your investments.
pearlmen

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:20:52 AM

Hi,
I'm new to this community and I'm trying to understand quick a lot of information in a short period of time.
If you can and have the time please share with me the steps I have to take to make a investment into a new ICO project. Let's say from the begining that this project is interesting and fiable, what are the steps that I have to take from the moment that I have the BTC/ETH until that ICO project will be released: how do I contribute to the project, how will they know that it was me who sended the contribution, how will I get the new tokens, where will I be able to get the new wallet, and other and other things that you consider important to know and it will be helpfull)
(If there is another discoution with simmilar question please send that link - I couldn't find it)
Thank you in advance.

Since you are assuming that the ground work has been completed even though that is something that cannot be completed until the desired result of raising the capital has been achieved. The next step is to visit their site which is where you will get the right way to invest but you also need to be careful at that end because there might hackers trying to clone either the website or the address where payment will be sent to. With that done, the next is to provide the necessary details they asked and you will be credited what you deserve in due time.
suncokreten

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:34:40 AM

ICO mania where every project would hit 3-10x once it hits exchanges is over. Too many people are participating nowadays, and it will be hard to find a project that will bring you 2x or more once it hits exchanges, most of them will trade at/under ICO price.

I suggest you only invest in ICO's that are really hard to get in. Like the ones with whitelists that closed really fast and they have an anti-whale caps (Kyber), or where they did a prompt check of every participant and their potential contribution to the project (Cindicator), or they excluded many countries and required a rigurous KYC - these are the only projects that will bring you a profit when flipping nowadays.

If you jump into something like Kik where they are trying to raise $120 mil and everyone can get in easily, don't be suprised if it's trading at 50% of what you paid (don't get me wrong, it might be a 3x ROI in a year, right now I'm talking about a quick flip).
rejosh

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:02:43 PM

i would suggest you to invest in  SONM which is fog computer project the beta version is going to release on aug 2018. It is waiting to be listed on bittresx soon. Today its listed on binance. The price of the coin is still below the ICO price. I am holding 100k SONM waiting for the beta release then it can reach $1 easily.
The second one is waves its similar it ETH with their on trading platform and lot of practical usage. Its still under $5 can go up to$100 easily by next year end.
The third one is ARK good project still under deployment can go up to $30 easily.         

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
  ███████               ███████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
  ███████               ███████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1233

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 12:35:24 PM

Since you are new to the forum I can understand how tough it is to get used to the forum and the vast knowledge of crypto it has to offer. I suggest you get you bitcoin and ethereum wallets first.

For bitcoin I suggest Electrum wallet for a desktop one. It is the one I use but there are several other ones as well. For Ethereum I suggest Mist wallet as a desktop solution or MyEtherWallet.com which is a web wallet. Remember to keep the secure and NEVER share your Electrum seed words or private keys with anyone. Some ICOs run on Waves platform in that case you need a Waves wallet as well.

Next as far as ICOs are concerned, there are tons of ICOs happening everyday and not all of them will be successful in future. If you are interested in investing in any of them visit their website (be careful of phishing websites, they are very common in flooding the social media when the crowdsale starts and the rush happens) and then when the crowdsale starts send them the amount you want to invest in BTC/ETH/Fiat or whatever.

Most of them will have a token (ERC20 is the most common Ethereum Token, but there can be Waves token as well) which will be sent to you on successful investment - process can take some time keep an eye on the social media links - but be careful of phishing addresses and websites.

These token can now be used for that project for investors to buy the service (most common use) or they can always be traded on Cryptocurrency exchanges.

I hope this overview will be enough for you for now. Remember that this is a generalized scheme and there may be variations. But always remember one thing - Always invest money that you can afford to lose and Never invest more than what you can afford to lose.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
stevanprice

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:25:24 PM

Welcome to the community.

Let’s say you have already decided on the project you want to invest in and you have the BTC/ETH on hand. Firstly,
you have to identify whether the project collect funds in BTC, ETH or other altcoins and you have to send the funds accordingly. One important point, you have to send BTC or ETH from a wallet you have full control which means you own the private key to your wallet. Do not send from cryptocurrencies exchange such as Bittrex, Coinbase and etc.

Example of wallets that are popular.

BTC: [Suspicious link removed]
ETH: Myetherwallet

After you have send the funds to the project, you will receive your ICO coins USUALLY in this manner.
ETH: The tokens will be sent to you wallet address and you are able to see the ICO coins in myetherwallet
BTC and other altcoins: You will be provided a way to claim your ICO coins
I suggest you to read the project contribution methods carefully because not all the ICO projects operate in the same way. For example, mobilego project has a dashboard and allow you to receive the project coins in either ETH wallet or Waves wallets.

Feel free to ask in the ICO ANN thread if you have any doubts.

thanks to his knowledge, I am also new in this community and still learn to understand it. hopefully in the future I can understand and useful a lot for me. if later there are who do not understand I will ask in the forum. What do you think the first step should be? is it possible to work on the project?
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:37:25 PM

~snip
So i have a few question sir .  As of now we are a newbie and also dont have any  funds on hand to invest what are the first thing that we need to do to earn first here in forum? So that we also able to  invest even we are a newbie. ?
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:25:15 PM

~snip
So i have a few question sir .  As of now we are a newbie and also dont have any  funds on hand to invest what are the first thing that we need to do to earn first here in forum? So that we also able to  invest even we are a newbie. ?
follow bounty. by following bounty you will get payed and you will learn a lot things about cryptocurrency. so you learn and you will get payed. and then you got A money that you can use for investing in ico you like.

melted349

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:44:58 PM

~snip
follow bounty. by following bounty you will get payed and you will learn a lot things about cryptocurrency. so you learn and you will get payed. and then you got A money that you can use for investing in ico you like.
right joining for some bounty however learning on how to trade what must gonna do will truly help you so for some newbie and dont have enough budget to trade to buy some coin much better to work for it in some campaign.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:46:03 PM

If you want a good project check out Solarcoin.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:52:47 PM

As many already mentioned:

Stay away from ICOs for now until you learn more about cryptocurrency.  ICOs are the highest risk (and highest reward) and you can lose all your money fast (or multiply it many times).

It is not that simple to choose a good project...and even good projects sometimes plop.  There are many factors to look at to reduce the risk.  Many reviews are biased and as with anything in the web, you need to learn how to filter them or learn which sites to trust.

Having ETH and BTC is the best start but note that not all ICOs will use those 2 currencies.  Red Pulse (RPX) for example will only accept NEO.  A lot of ETH based ICO will usually accept the token in your ETH wallet.  BTC purchased tokens/coins will have a different rule/process.

Good luck!
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:08:14 PM

how will they know that it was me who sended the contribution

A lot of ICOs run on Ethereum, so if it's an ETH compatible token and you contributed in ETH, they will likely send the new token to the address you sent from.
The crucial point here is don't send from an exchange (Bittrex, Coinbase etc). You need to send from your own wallet. So for Eth probably MyEtherWallet, or something like the mobile imtoken app.

If you're completely brand new though, I'd stay away from ICOs. Prices tend to plummet when they first hit the exchanges and people go for a quick profit.

KenDowson

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:22:04 PM

read all you can about the ICO, do a small investment and follow the bounty)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: