Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:14:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happened to bitcoins after one died?  (Read 2799 times)
Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:58:59 PM

Who owns the bitcoin after someone died?  How to state this in the will? Please share your thoughts.

No one if he didn't pass the private keys or his accounts username and password on web wallets if he is storing it there. What will do you mean? Is that the last will? Just state the information needed, importing of private keys write every single detail on a piece of paper or put that in a flash drive. And if he didn't pass it on those coins will be forgotten forever and no one will ever recover that.
I love that security and safe mode of bitcoins. Even after your death if you don’t pass your private keys and passwords to anyone loyal around you, they all will be just a wastage. Better it would be and always be advised to have a copy of passwords and keys and let them know to anyone who is among top of your beneficiaries, else all your hard work will just ruined.
We all know that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency the one who own and keeping it needs a lot of things like encrypted signature, password and other thing for the digital transaction and at a time that the holder die maybe its bitcoin will be hide forever .

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:45:32 PM

You need a detailed will along with probably a video will. This along will detailed instructions written down should give access to all your accounts. But I believe this will be the last thing on peoples mind if somebody who is

in crypto passes. It will be unfortunate but some bitcoins due to this and forgetting passwords along the way will happen. I wonder if we will ever get the true supply amount seeing how it will never be 21 million fully.
I think nothing because bitcoin wallet is like a bank account. After the death of one person, anyone from his family can use his bitcoin. And the things will go on smoothly. The death of one person should not affect the trade of invest in bitcoin because it is a coin business and after the death of bread winner his son or daughter can continue this business without any hesitation and hurdles.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:10:05 AM

I think that you need to take care of yourself so that relatives know access to your coins and after death they could use them. Perhaps in the future will improve the transfer of crypto-currency by inheritance.
One must share his private key with the trustworthy person around him so any of unfortunate happens the coins may come into use of his remaining family, adopting this techniques wallets signup must ask for the backup trustworthy person so that coin cannot be lost at any cost through these phenomena coin will stay in the hands of the loved ones of died person.

Quill_DigiPulse

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 02:52:20 PM

I hope it is not wrong to post it here, since the topic has the same question, we had before having an idea of launching an ICO for Digital inheritance.
Since it seems that a lot of people from this topic are interested in such a thing, I hope you also would be interested in our ICO digipulse.io.
also we are having a discussion of it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2203117.0

jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:50:14 AM

I hope it is not wrong to post it here, since the topic has the same question, we had before having an idea of launching an ICO for Digital inheritance.
Since it seems that a lot of people from this topic are interested in such a thing, I hope you also would be interested in our ICO digipulse.io.
also we are having a discussion of it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2203117.0

Yes that post is also related to this one but this is the valid one that if one died then his coin will stay in his wallet and they will be protected and if private key is not shared to anyone then there will be no one in the world who can access them and death is the fortunate thing one must share his private key with some trustworthy person so that after him his loved one can use these coins.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 07:57:17 AM

Who owns the bitcoin after someone died?  How to state this in the will? Please share your thoughts.

No one can claim it as long as they hold the private keys for the wallet if that's there in your wallet.

That's a repetitive shit everyone knows.

How about putting the private keys and username and password in shared folder to the one we trust. This would work the same way as joint account in banks where both the holders can get money on their will.

With such mutual understanding and claims that could go easy.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Faroxx

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:01:25 AM

From the point of view of the law is not clear. But if after death you just want to send bitcoin to their relatives, let them in the will as its private keys from a wallet.
lisa255

Activity: 259

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:13:25 AM

Tragic is some kind of topic, why they are to you after death, put in a coffin with you, who besides you need money on purses, well, if you do not declassify the passwords in the will, of course.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Capeshifter

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:34:21 AM

there isn't any protocol that defines what happens to BTC after someone passes aways. To start with, how would a "wallet" know if someone is dead or alive, it's agnostic, it doesn't care. There are some services I saw recently though that try to provide access to funds, in case of a decesased person, but I haven't looked much into it. As the industry matures we might see some services that can automate inheritance, but generally, if you're the only one with the private key/access to your wallet and die, your BTC will stay there forever, unaccessible by anyone.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:59:29 AM

the bitcoins that are left by the dead ones will be useless. our wallets are not like bank that can hold it for too long even after long inactivity.unless you left a note containing your private keys, emails, and phone number.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
DPrillio

Activity: 693

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:26:19 PM

No one if he didn't pass the private keys or his accounts username and password on web wallets if he is storing it there. What will do you mean? Is that the last will? Just state the information needed, importing of private keys write every single detail on a piece of paper or put that in a flash drive. And if he didn't pass it on those coins will be forgotten forever and no one will ever recover that.
I love that security and safe mode of bitcoins. Even after your death if you don’t pass your private keys and passwords to anyone loyal around you, they all will be just a wastage. Better it would be and always be advised to have a copy of passwords and keys and let them know to anyone who is among top of your beneficiaries, else all your hard work will just ruined.
We all know that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency the one who own and keeping it needs a lot of things like encrypted signature, password and other thing for the digital transaction and at a time that the holder die maybe its bitcoin will be hide forever .
If someone who own a bitcoin and has died then it cannot be justify by the law by whom it heirs, because it is an electronics money encrypted with security so therefore it cannot be use unless the decease has written down all the dedicated password of the account, encrypted key of all the wallet, bitcoin address use and other requirement like the E.mail address.

mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:31:05 PM

if one day, bitcoin will dead, i will continue my surf with WAVES Smiley but if we need to wait to death of btc, probably it take some time.
z38630610
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:12:59 PM

Bitcoins also die with you if you don't share your private key, password etc with someone. You should talk with her/him and explain what is bitcoin and altcoins. And than all efforts that you gave will continue with lucky person after you. Maybe your child or your friend will be untroubled.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:48:43 PM

no one knows, unless the owner give it to his or her son or daughter for him or her to be able to manage the company of bitcoin to continue the profit of bitcoin. If he or she can't give the important details that is needed i think the coins lost it forever unless they will know what is the password of it or the key of it.
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:49:35 AM

Someday bitcoins are lost forever and no one would able to access it, i think for sure is, if you have a bitcoin, you need to exchange it emidiatly to be sure, and your money is save it to a bank, then if you have an emergency you have a money saved.
If the runner of bitcoin investment dies then it will create problems not for bitcoin but for his family because investment in bitcoin needs knowledge and skills and may his siblings don’t have the idea how to continue and it will be worse thing for them. The bitcoin investment can be disturbed due to their interest. If it happens all over the world I am sure that the market cap will fell down so much.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:26:12 AM

Someday bitcoins are lost forever and no one would able to access it, i think for sure is, if you have a bitcoin, you need to exchange it emidiatly to be sure, and your money is save it to a bank, then if you have an emergency you have a money saved.
If the runner of bitcoin investment dies then it will create problems not for bitcoin but for his family because investment in bitcoin needs knowledge and skills and may his siblings don’t have the idea how to continue and it will be worse thing for them. The bitcoin investment can be disturbed due to their interest. If it happens all over the world I am sure that the market cap will fell down so much.

The moment wealth is being transferred from one generation to another, so also I believe bitcoin can also be transferred all that is needed is to give the beneficiary the password and how to go about having access to it. After that whatever the beneficiary decided to do with it is no longer the owners problem after all he has gone. While some generation have been able to pass their wealth from one generation to another, others have been unfortunate to end it in their own era.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:23:28 AM

no one knows, unless the owner give it to his or her son or daughter for him or her to be able to manage the company of bitcoin to continue the profit of bitcoin. If he or she can't give the important details that is needed i think the coins lost it forever unless they will know what is the password of it or the key of it.
That is how important is the details or instructions for managing the bitcoin wallet accounts because if someone died then they can get the manual or the instruction about bitcoin and they can use it to get the bitcoin that is for them and they can either keep it for a longer time or they can just sell it for them to have money to build their own business or to use it on whatever they want.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:40:52 AM

Bitcoins also die with you if you don't share your private key, password etc with someone. You should talk with her/him and explain what is bitcoin and altcoins. And than all efforts that you gave will continue with lucky person after you. Maybe your child or your friend will be untroubled.

Unfortunately my country still not legalize bitcoin yet so it's less popular in my country.
So it's difficult to find people who interest on bitcoin so I'm also difficult to find people to explain about bitcoin. It's not impossible but it's need some time

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
BlackBi88

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:43:35 AM

It is an interesting question for me, simply that someone who owns a Bitcoin number died if they leave e-wallet information like the account and password that will be used by relatives or who inherited BTC. And if they died suddenly, the number of Bitcoins that will last forever and not be used, is attributed to the type of speculation, lol.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:07:33 AM

If the owner states the private key or either wallet password then it can be passed on to the recipients in his will, if not then there is no way to move those coins, only you can watch and dream about them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: