Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:10:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happened to bitcoins after one died?  (Read 2799 times)
DMiracle1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:58:08 AM

Dying is inevitable. We'll never know when our time is up. That's why, i write down everything, as in everything that has something to do with my bitcoin works. Starting from my email, all that is related with the wallet, the campaign i've been working on, everything. I made sure that i do not miss a single information. I entrust all of this to my dear daughter. Because all of this is for her. I just don't want my hard work go to waste and disappear into thin air.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:21:04 AM

I will have a plan for the bitcoin I have before I die. I will dedicate 20% of my property to my children, and the rest of my life will go to charity to help those in need. Whatever you do, when successful, you should be concerned and share with the social community that has sprouted for you. Never think of yourself and forget about everyone.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:53:33 AM

I will have a plan for the bitcoin I have before I die. I will dedicate 20% of my property to my children, and the rest of my life will go to charity to help those in need. Whatever you do, when successful, you should be concerned and share with the social community that has sprouted for you. Never think of yourself and forget about everyone.
Yes, like any other property, we also must give same important for this digital property also. Yes, bitcoin is being recognized as digital asset hence we must nominate who is going to use bitcoin after us. This is kind of responsibility for a every bitcoiner so that they can be sure their hard work will not be wasting after them.

When we are handling over our other property to our next-generation then why not we cannot plan what we are going to do with our bitcoin after our life. It is a mandatory for every bitcoiner with their bitcoin savings.
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:59:24 PM

If he keep bitcoin in exchanges wallet of course bitcoin belongs to exchanges owner, but if he keep bitcoin in offline wallet whereas no one knows about bitcoin then bitcoin will disappear.
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 01:14:39 PM

Nobody will get this coins whitout access to owners wallet Undecided But i think that information will not help to get free bitcoins Grin Much better to improve yourself and ganing your own goods

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:22:44 PM

If he keep bitcoin in exchanges wallet of course bitcoin belongs to exchanges owner, but if he keep bitcoin in offline wallet whereas no one knows about bitcoin then bitcoin will disappear.

even if he  puts his bitcoin in an online exchanges,  he can only be the one who can acces and spend it because he is the only one who knows his password and private keys. online exchanges cannot possibly open your account if they cannot know the details for it not unless they can hack it but that was less likely to happen, that is why it is really suggested to leave your important details like password and private keys to your loved ones or any trusted person that will unlock your account if something bad could happen to you.
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:11:31 PM

Who owns the bitcoin after someone died?  How to state this in the will? Please share your thoughts.
for sure nothing because even if the owner of the wallet have not private key of the dead one for sure he/she can't access on it meaning to say that bitcoins in that wallet will be forever there except the owner of that website decide on it.
AmazingDynamo

Activity: 248

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:17:26 PM

it happens here someone who own bitcoins died and the family member dont know how to claim those bitcoin , the friend asking for help but we cant help him we only says that they should know the password of the departed for the to be able to withdraw the bitcoin unless it will be forever in his wallet .
candra raditya
Copper Member

Activity: 455
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:18:02 PM

Who owns the bitcoin after someone died?  How to state this in the will? Please share your thoughts.

Most important is the key of the bitcoin wallet. You can write the key of the wallet in the will.

(x)  BabyRottweiler             [[[ [[ [   polycat.finance   ] ]] ]]]
                      Fast, secure, irreversible and efficient value transfers                     
[★] Facebook   [★] Twitter   [★] Telegram   [★] Reddit   [★] Discord   [★]
Medium
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:25:21 PM

If there is a list of people that own the most bitcoins, in the future the is a possibility one might find themselves here as bitcoins would be shared among people around the world

Most important is the key of the bitcoin wallet. You can write the key of the wallet in the will.
correctly said if no will was left expect coins to remain intact if they are stored in a private wallet but if it happens to be a third party wallet with gives you no access to the private key, you have a chance of getting the bitcoins maybe via a court order or something but using a pvt key is the easiest way around this.
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:41:57 PM

Bitcoin will be gone if we don't share our key to our family or love one, i know that we should not share our key  anyone but for me im willing to share it to my family for them to get my bitcoin if there is something happen to me.
xebecstyx

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:42:25 PM

They need to leave all email passwords, phone numbers, all related Bitcoin wallets. Because if they do not let the family know, then the Bitcoin number will be lost.
Bitcoin is not the same as gold or bank deposit, it does not identify the account owner or the family account holder. It just password and lock, email, phone number ....

That is the I think the ideal scenario, if the person who died would leave every safeguard detail like passwords and the likes to someone so that he can have access to their holdings. However, in the event that they didn't leave anything, then the holdings will just be there in stash and won't be used until the time it would be dissolved or at least be excluded in the count of asset in the circulation. However, since there is a ceiling with regarding to the circulating quantity of any coin in the market, then the amount of circulation would be decreased that if the holding is of a substantial amount, it may actually be a contributing factor to decrease the supply, and thus if there is an increase in demand, it will have a hand in making the price of the coin a tad little higher.
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:04:13 PM

I think if someone died and that person had a bitcoin wallet or accounts, their bitcoin will remain in their wallet not unless they gave their passwords and accounts to someone to manage their bitcoin. The best way to do if you are near to death is to give all of your accounts to your family members. In that way, they can have the capability to earn their own money and also, you helped them.

selectaselectine

Activity: 235
Merit: 16

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

It will remain untouched if the person who died did not leave any trace of his or her private information to a trusted person. Because it is very essential because one can not acces your account unless the person accidentally falls to account phishing.

gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:14:29 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 04:44:07 PM by gantez

If the securities are not disclosed to any other person, the quantity of bitcoin had would not be identified or used anymore. This keeps causing the shortage of circulating supply because when holders keep losing their bitcoin asset or fraction, it keeps reducing the circulating supply.
supermam

Activity: 209

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:34:17 AM

While we're alive people who have bitcoin account should write his/her password and anything important related from bitcoin and should his/her family know about this just in case he/she died they will know what to do because we dont know when will death come.
kaysersoze

Activity: 220

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:21:33 AM

Nothing, they will just be on your wallet forever unless that someone has access to your private key, but if you didn't created another copy and you just died, there is nothing that anyone can do in order to recover those bitcoins (or just cashing them out)

millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:39:51 AM

There are two cases may arise, to earn the Bitcoins or to loose it forever.
This was the reason why we really need to share our Bitcoin identification to our family. We should make them know about this cryptocurrency so that if bad things happen, our money will not wasted. We have no papers regarding this Bitcoins and the only thing we can use is our email and password.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:13:45 PM

It's not a pleasant discussion, but we need to take measures, if we care about our family, just in case.
There are plenty of method to let you beloved to receive your data access, if you die.
But it must be done now!

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
maurobiasolo

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:15:41 PM

Yes, even if i'm relatevely young I was thinking about this yesterday.
The issue is to educate my partner to the crypto world  Grin

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: