Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:52:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S3 / x4 of them purchased from an auction  (Read 541 times)
Just_Jinn (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

What do you crave?

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:50:07 PM

Hello there guys, I am totally new to the world of mining and I been reading a lot about how this miner I receive yesterday won't generate any revenue.
I have never set up one of this machines before and I would love some help and tips so it could bring some revenue.

I know that this machines are ancient but its what I got to work with so bare with me
So far I know about the electricity and internet cost which I pay in a regular basis so I don't worry about it
I suspect if my landlord discovered I am mining he will raise my payments but this is not an issue at the moment
My internet its paid as well and I shared the bill with my wife which is super supportive when it comes down to business

Let me explain...

My landlord offered my a fix rate for my electricity which I been paying for the past 2 years. I don't really use much electricity in my house because I am was not here most of the time (At work) but since I am taking some time off I will be able to analyze and study the Cryptospace and see if it could be profitable (Mining). Hopefully I wont get caught because there its a ton of people living in the building aside from me

My plan is to mine recent coins with a future. Something recently launched with low difficulty so I might be able to get somewhere.
The coin that I have in mind its #Lindacoin or #EthereumDark and I'm not sure if this miners would do the job

Also the miners came without any wires so if you have a place to reefer please
drop your link below so I could purchase them.

Thank you so much for your attention

Sincerely

J.J.

CRAVE WITH ZEROCOIN High Masternode Block Reward | REBRAND COMPLETE - CHECK OUT THE WHITEPAPER NOW!!!
CRAVE ROI info on MasterNodes.pro | CRAVE trades on Cryptopia | CRAVE Wallet + Whitepaper at the new: CRAVE.CC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:11:21 PM

Um, hate to tell you this but the S3 (and s1, s2, s4, s5, s7, s9, T9, R4) ONLY mine Bitcoin or one of the few other SHA256D algo coins. Since the algo is hardwired into the chips that is all they can mine. Period. End of story.

The coins you mentioned are altcoins and are mined using GPU-based rigs. Info for them is found in the altcoin hardware section.

"Came without wires"? Such as what? All they need is a PSU and network connection. If you are talking about the little ribbon cables that run between the RasPi and hash boards - you are screwed unless someone has a few gathering dust in a drawer somewhere....

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
andytranter

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Am i a millionaire yet?

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:14:15 PM

Hello there guys, I am totally new to the world of mining and I been reading a lot about how this miner I receive yesterday won't generate any revenue.
I have never set up one of this machines before and I would love some help and tips so it could bring some revenue.

I'm not sure how much revenue you are hoping to generate, but i reckon with all 4 machines you would be generating around $1 or $2 per day. You might struggle on some pools that do not pay out "dust" (ie very small and invaluable) rewards on a regular basis. i understand some  pools pay these out on an annual basis so it saves transaction fee's etc.

There are however upgrade kits you can buy that greatly increases the has rate of the S3's - search the forum and you will find them (unsure exactly where the post is). This will cost more money to do so, but i would certainly recommend looking into it at lease.

PS - not sure on your set up, but 4 antminers will generate a lot of heat and noise

Made you look!
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:07:50 PM

I'm not sure how much revenue you are hoping to generate, but i reckon with all 4 machines you would be generating around $1 or $2 per day. You might struggle on some pools that do not pay out "dust" (ie very small and invaluable) rewards on a regular basis. i understand some  pools pay these out on an annual basis so it saves transaction fee's etc.

There are however upgrade kits you can buy that greatly increases the has rate of the S3's - search the forum and you will find them (unsure exactly where the post is). This will cost more money to do so, but i would certainly recommend looking into it at lease.

PS - not sure on your set up, but 4 antminers will generate a lot of heat and noise
The only ones for the S3 were either the ones Bitmain sold to convert an S1 to an S3 which has long been sold out and Sidehack’s planned blades which aren’t out yet and utilize bitfury chips. Search sidehack and you’ll find it in his post history or recently made threads.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:15:47 PM

Or the apparently very difficult to acquire Hotmine stuff, that turns a S1 chassis into about a 900W miner.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: