Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0  (Read 2818 times)
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:54:44 PM

Well that depends on the way regulation is implemented.If regulation is made as in china totally aggressive towards bitcoin,then it would not be appreciated and it would not help for the progress of bitcoin.

On the other hand,if regulations are made as it was made in japan,then there would be no issues and definitely,it would help for the growth of bitcoin.Japan has a friendly approach towards bitcoin and not like china.

However,out of these both ways,whatever the way regulation is implemented,we would have to accept it silently and no other way left for us.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:01:03 PM

there won't be one type of regulation , as you can see now ever country handles it different .

gadimbrut

Activity: 418

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:02:15 PM

according to me government regulations will not affect bitcoin, usually the government only regulate how to transact using bitcoin or withdraw tax from bitcoin users, that's just my thinking, because in my country the government has not set the bitcoin
Sylenth

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:16:30 PM

legalization of bitcoin in different countries will have different effect but few things will remain same. every country will impose taxes on bitcoin(whose value will be varied among different nations).transaction rates may increase, government will have control over currency which is decentralized , not to government but I will surely effect users.

legalization of bitcoin in country will popularize it even more,more and more users will be joined ,and it would be treated as normal currency and will be accepted everywhere in the country without any issues.
kamikadze69 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:20:50 PM

legalization of bitcoin in different countries will have different effect but few things will remain same. every country will impose taxes on bitcoin(whose value will be varied among different nations).transaction rates may increase, government will have control over currency which is decentralized , not to government but I will surely effect users.

legalization of bitcoin in country will popularize it even more,more and more users will be joined ,and it would be treated as normal currency and will be accepted everywhere in the country without any issues.

I do not think it will be that easy. even if they impose a tax for bitcoin, then what is the use of anonymous system in bitcoin. it will be a big hole that will be hard to close because if the government breaks it, I think it will be suspected to be an activity to spy someone's privacy.
valisa

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:18:47 PM

I do not think government regulations have much effect on bitcoin, because bitcoin is not the same as money. so bitcoin can not be intervened by the government. in my country the government has not legalized bitcoin yet. but we can use bitcoin. regulation of bitcoin by the government will not affect bitcoin
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:20:41 PM

I do not think it will be that easy. even if they impose a tax for bitcoin, then what is the use of anonymous system in bitcoin. it will be a big hole that will be hard to close because if the government breaks it, I think it will be suspected to be an activity to spy someone's privacy.

Lol bitcoin is not anonymous.  This used to be the belief of people but as we all see once you linked an account to Bitcoin address you will be a known identity.  And we all have linked the address to our identity in order for us to buy and sell our Bitcoins.  Though I agree that government will try to impose tax to bitcoin transaction even though at the current state it is hard to implement because government cannot control Bitcoin but just the third party that deals with it.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:22:31 PM

whether government regulation is crucial to bitcoin survival, will it have a positive or even negative impact. What do you think ?

Apart from Japan none of the government takes any serious steps on the bitcoin and its growth. If anyone regulate the bitcoin under their financial system then bitcoin has to face many issues like taxation, banking usages and etc...

However, regulation is not good for any bitcoin users. They have to support or else they should close their mouth from criticizing bitcoins in a wrong way.
Even though there is yet to be any government regulations some people are being taxed when they buy or sell their bitcoins for cash, in the event of a regulation, it's going to make bitcoins not as valuable as it used to be because the government will tax it massively as they always like to take but never give in return.
rebel92

Activity: 616
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:34:55 PM

When did governments have the trust of the people?
They have already mismanaged all the resources of the planet and its human capital.
people that are originally in bitcoin, are in it precisely because they do not trust governments and central banks.
aBitcoiner

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:42:37 PM

It will have a positive impact.

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October [JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ninabobo

Activity: 463

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:52:07 PM

whether government regulation is crucial to bitcoin survival, will it have a positive or even negative impact. What do you think ?

according to what I know
government involvement in bitcoin. no more solely for the security of the masses involved in bitcoin, although there will be taxpayers thereafter. but I don't think it's relevant if it's just to compare the profit and loss of what a country or government regulation is doing.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:54:40 PM

In every rule there is an exception, mostly will think that why government needs to give a regulation to bitcoin? Then it will not be decentralized anymore because the government is with it. Yes, that's going to happen but if you'll look at the greener side of it, this will give a positive impact to bitcoin because it just shows that your country is supporting bitcoin, unlike others they are banning it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ployfit

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:57:43 PM

In every rule there is an exception, mostly will think that why government needs to give a regulation to bitcoin? Then it will not be decentralized anymore because the government is with it. Yes, that's going to happen but if you'll look at the greener side of it, this will give a positive impact to bitcoin because it just shows that your country is supporting bitcoin, unlike others they are banning it.

That's why people don't want it. If they completely apply their regulations on bitcoin, this can end the storty of the bitcoin which is very bad for us. They should take their hands over bitcoin.
Mysterious01

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:02:26 PM

It will surely put bitcoin in danger if the government will against it.
But as of now the bitcoin is blooming and in good place even though the biggest country ban it but there are still many countries who legalize it which is a good sign for the future of bitcoin.
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:02:49 PM

The positive impact is that Bitcoin will have been legalized initually in such country while the negative impact will be the taxation depending on how large it will be
Yarskdave

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:04:43 PM

I don't think government regulations will have much impact on bitcoin because why bitcoin is a decentralized currency that is not under any control by central bank or institution of any country.
So it will be almost impossible to fully regulate it activities.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:06:38 PM

I thi k the reason why governments wouod want to regulate bitcoin is to protrct the people from being scammed or cyber attacked, as we all know, it is now easy for a thief to steal money, they just need to hack the bank or make phishing sites, this can be done by using your laptop or sometimes if you're really good enough via your smartphone, since hackers today can be considered the new criminals, i am not saying all, but some, these people use all their talent to take advantage of others. The governments around the world also knows how bitcoin can be produces, and i think what they arr tryin to protect is the data of their citizens or some secret information they don't want us to find out, and i think if one wallet has been breached, then it will be easy for hackers to steal our cryptocurrencies thus the need for security, but if the government found a way how to regulate it, without us being annoyed by them, like them, enforcing taxes or fees, i think it will all end well, since there wipp be a ways on wherr we couod track the hackers, and hopefully we could invent somrthig that will check if someone is using a device just to change their vpn.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:33:09 PM

That's why people don't want it. If they completely apply their regulations on bitcoin, this can end the storty of the bitcoin which is very bad for us. They should take their hands over bitcoin.

It's the reason why I'm giving two points on this, the positive side and the negative side. But even they will regulate bitcoin, there's no way for it to change it as a decentralized cryptocurrency into regulated one. Because the gov't can't produce it or generate a new coin since there's a total supply limit of bitcoin and they can't do something about it or maybe they should take off their hands?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:00:24 PM

BTC being regulated means you pay the same taxes as you do with FIAT.
And the gov would know all the purchases you make, as it happens when you pay with bank transfer, debit/credit card, paypal.

So there would be no point at using BTC anymore!!
It has been designed as a decentralized currency to avoid exactly that.

So in my POV regulation would be very desruptive towards bitcoin.

Also, if the gov is technically able to control/regulate/block the BTC network, it means it is not truly decentralized.

I fear this is the case, due to the initial network connection process being a single centralized point of failure of Bitcoin and all crypto.

I.E. the BTC client must connect to a known IRC channel to find the nodes of the network.
This is the same problem eMule and other P2P file sharing applications had in the past.
The P2P technology of BTC is similar.

This weakness is easily exploitable by the gov: they can eventually seize those particular IRC channels and Bitcoin would stop to work.
So i hope a solution will be found to this crucial issue  of the BTC infrastructure.

One thing is if a file sharing app has this issue, but another thing is when people's money is involved!
The gov is motivated to exploit vulnerabilities like that in this case, while they closed an eye on eMule which was just for files.

Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:21:03 AM

If bitcoin becomes regulated by the government then you're basically taking away the key features that made bitcoin popular in the first place, so why bother then.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: