Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:02:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk.org Slow?  (Read 520 times)
leex1528 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:57:13 PM

So not really sure where to put this.

Is the site beyond slow for everyone or just me?  It usually takes about 15-30 seconds to load a page from any clicked position.  My connection to the internet is good, about 80mb/s.  I am using safari on mac os.  I also have a PC i use with the exact same results.  Any thoughts would be helpful!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:44:02 PM

Yeah sometimes here and there this occurs for me. Most of the time not though and if it does happen I usually just take it as a sign. Get away from computer your spending too much time on it lol. Go do

another task for 30m-hr come back and all is well in the world of bitcointalk.org Smiley

theymos_away

Activity: 82
Merit: 26

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:00:52 AM

It was slow yesterday and earlier today, but I changed something a few hours ago which should've made it much faster. It seems quite fast for me.
ChopChops

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:06:11 AM

Is the site beyond slow for everyone or just me?  It usually takes about 15-30 seconds to load a page from any clicked position.  My connection to the internet is good, about 80mb/s.  I am using safari on mac os.  I also have a PC i use with the exact same results.  Any thoughts would be helpful!

Yesterday I had the issue all they long I wasn't able to check a single post without the error message. Today haven't had any issue, hope its solved from your side.
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:33:47 AM

Slow loading pages would really likely to occur. Remember that btctalk has hundreds to thousands of its members visiting or checking the site everyday. Just avoid logging in on the time where you notice most of this circumstances happen.
leex1528 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:57:08 AM

I should have been more clear.  This is constant, not at a certain time. Everyday.  I am guessing they need to upgrade their server in order to maintain but I don't know what else they could do.
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:18:19 PM

I have the same issue now the whole day long. It takes a minute or so to acces the index page. Login takes another minute and when I write something it often loads forever and my post does not get through. Sometimes the forum is really fast but today it seems to be overload. Are there some DDOS attacks to the server maybe? Hope the admins find a workaround soon.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
Bittoshi

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:22:23 PM

Ok, I found this thread regarding the same issue:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2244896.msg22675677#msg22675677

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
Kurokyy

Activity: 448

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:13:46 PM

yes it was a server issue might be overloaded now.Some users also face that problem. Yesterday i cant open bitcointalk forum or if open it was too slow to load. Today a little bit faster i think they resolve the problem with the server already.

Boseda

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:46:44 PM

yes it was a server issue might be overloaded now.Some users also face that problem. Yesterday i cant open bitcointalk forum or if open it was too slow to load. Today a little bit faster i think they resolve the problem with the server already.

Well, bitcointalk has never been the fastest website of the whole Internet... but these days it looks even slower than usual. Maybe a bit overloaded or something like this... sometimes to reply a post I must wait many seconds before the page loads completely.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:00:24 PM

Well, bitcointalk has never been the fastest website of the whole Internet... but these days it looks even slower than usual. Maybe a bit overloaded or something like this... sometimes to reply a post I must wait many seconds before the page loads completely.

At least when you want to submit a reply and it doesn't work, hitting backspace doesn't delete everything.
It would be nice to see the forum speed up a bit but we're probably stuck with this for now (I'm not sure if beta.bitcointalk runs of the same server, maybe that's produced some lag here also).

I had it where I couldn't access the site for the entirety of yesterday, today, my laptop works with it but my phone continously gets timeout errors from it (my laptop probably has a higher tolerance).
Maum

Activity: 250
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:30:07 AM

Maybe it is caused by the new searching features, which enables us, to search in more than five sections.
Right now, forum is awesome fast. The last days it was very slow and often not reachable.
esatceza

Activity: 385

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:45:58 AM

That's something I've always wondered about recently, Bitcoin's slow download speed. Besides, sometimes I can not access Bitcointalk, I always wondered whether it was because of me or by the site

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:11:19 AM

The site is kinda slow and the img tags don't display the pics.  If something is going on then it would be a good idea to start staking a Bitcoin address and sign a message just in case you need to verify your account.

I just staked mine, please quote and verify:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg22748267#msg22748267

Thanks.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Lykslyks

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:50:19 AM

I experienced this too yesterday, i thought it was my connection that has a problem or my phone since i'm just using mobile for accessing bitcointalk.org. i tried using laptop and still it was not loading, i waited for it but the server says that it was overloaded or the website i'm using is busy. Thankfully, i don't experience it today i think the developer of bitcointalk fix the issue already.
GreatBug

Activity: 629
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:40:22 PM

Most likely, servers are overloaded and hence these problems may occur, but there is nothing to worry about, since it is enough to wait.
Mustion

Activity: 45
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:38:38 AM

First of all, i was thinking about my slow internet connection but then i saw things are going like normal but the only one isn't is Bitcointalk. I guess some pissing banned spammers are trying to ddos the forum for now right ? Cause the servers of Bitcoin was overload at all last night.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:42:56 AM

Most likely, servers are overloaded and hence these problems may occur, but there is nothing to worry about, since it is enough to wait.
Wait for what? You mean the "new" forum, right? Well, I really hope it would be sooner and this forum really needs an upgrade. Aside from being slow, it needs some features that it needs like a notification when someone quoted or mentioned you and etc.
penelop@ezOey106

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:11:00 AM

first it may happens internet problem only. next not only one person doing posting about one topic in the world  most of the people writing one topic and submitting it may happens in same time so for that reason also it will be slow.next our typing speed, and thinking about that topic. it can also taking some time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: